Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#51OmegaPillowPosted 11/12/2012 1:51:05 PM
jaoman9 posted...
id rather have a slightly smaller screen that i can see all of then a larger screen where over half of it is blacked out

Derp?
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#52darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 1:51:42 PM
OmegaPillow posted...
Linetrix posted...
1. I buy games to play games. Not for how they look. I honestly wouldn't mind playing my games on a black and white tv, as long as the gameplay and story were good.

Thankfully you are part of the pathetic minority. Or else we would still be playing Adventure for Atari.

2. HDTVs don't add anything to the experience. HD only makes games look better compared to large SDTVs

Yep, because when you can't see things properly on a game that only a HDTV would you let you see, it doesn't mean the HDTV is adding something to the experience.

I am playing on a smaller SD TV, and my 360/PS3 games look great - just as good as they do on an HDTV.

Enjoying those nanoscopic letters? Final Fantasy XIII must be awesome to play without knowing what commands you're choosing.

3. I have plenty of money for an HDTV. I don't make a lot of money at my job, but I make plenty to pay for rent, utilities, food, a couple of games a month, and some subscription based services (netflix, Amazon Prime, Xbox Live, The Old Republic, etc.). I could easily afford a $1,000 HDTV if I cut back on some things for a month or two.

So why not do it?

I just choose not to waste money on stupid stuff like new televisions

And videogames...

I'd rather spend my extra money buying more games and systems to play on my old, perfectly functional TV.

Too bad those games you'd be buying are made with HDTVs in mind...

So much ownage in this post

Or, there would be, if Linetrix were capable of stating one actual fact...
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#53OmegaPillowPosted 11/12/2012 1:51:43 PM
XXXB0BXXX posted...
Playing HD games on an SDTV is like listening to music on crappy $4 headphones, or watching a movie in 4:3 pan & scan, or going to a concert and sitting so far away you can barely see the band, or drinking cheap light beer.

You're missing out on the full experience.

It's pathetic seeing people trying to rationalize it. You're embarrassing yourself. If you were a true lover of games, you wouldn't even think of viewing them at less than half their native resolution.

I disagree. Many other people disagree. Hence, why we keep having this discussion.

How can you disagree on fact?
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#54XXXB0BXXXPosted 11/12/2012 1:54:06 PM
XXXB0BXXX posted...
Playing HD games on an SDTV is like listening to music on crappy $4 headphones, or watching a movie in 4:3 pan & scan, or going to a concert and sitting so far away you can barely see the band, or drinking cheap light beer.

It's pathetic seeing people trying to rationalize it. You're embarrassing yourself. If you were a true lover of games, you wouldn't even think of viewing them at less than half their native resolution.

I disagree. Many other people disagree. Hence, why we keep having this discussion.

How can you disagree on fact?

Nothing you said was a fact. Especially not the 2nd half of your post.
---
sometime there shot make sometime miss but there dribble and fall to ground of to the court if you alway have a patient then you will always make make shot - me
#55Sylar100Posted 11/12/2012 1:54:31 PM
So why don't Devs just add 2 screen resolutions in their games? One for HDTV's, and one for SD? Kind of like how computers allow you to change resolutions and fits everything on the screen accordingly.

There has to be a way they can do this
#56thundercat2600Posted 11/12/2012 1:54:58 PM
XXXB0BXXX posted...

If you're viewing an HD game on an SD screen, you are viewing it at less than half the resolution. That is a mathematical fact.

You don't have to agree. You are simply wrong.
#57XXXB0BXXXPosted 11/12/2012 1:55:34 PM
XXXB0BXXX posted...

If you're viewing an HD game on an SD screen, you are viewing it at less than half the resolution. That is a mathematical fact.

THAT is a mathematical fact. The other things in that post, not so much.
---
sometime there shot make sometime miss but there dribble and fall to ground of to the court if you alway have a patient then you will always make make shot - me
#58squatch22Posted 11/12/2012 1:55:50 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
If you were a true lover of games, you would just play games and not care about format or visuals

Fixed :)
---
SoE posted: I'm not a being a rabid fanboy of one console when I ruthlessly defend the Vita
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#59Sylar100Posted 11/12/2012 1:57:42 PM
Sylar100 posted...
So why don't Devs just add 2 screen resolutions in their games? One for HDTV's, and one for SD? Kind of like how computers allow you to change resolutions and fits everything on the screen accordingly.

There has to be a way they can do this
#60Starwars4JPosted 11/12/2012 2:00:15 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
XXXB0BXXX posted...

If you were actually following the conversation, you'd have seen that he wasn't disagreeing with the resolution. But you weren't and you didn't.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade