Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#61OmegaPillowPosted 11/12/2012 3:00:20 PM
XXXB0BXXX posted...
XXXB0BXXX posted...
Playing HD games on an SDTV is like listening to music on crappy $4 headphones, or watching a movie in 4:3 pan & scan, or going to a concert and sitting so far away you can barely see the band, or drinking cheap light beer.

You're missing out on the full experience.

It's pathetic seeing people trying to rationalize it. You're embarrassing yourself. If you were a true lover of games, you wouldn't even think of viewing them at less than half their native resolution.

I disagree. Many other people disagree. Hence, why we keep having this discussion.

If you're viewing an HD game on an SD screen, you are viewing it at less than half the resolution. That is a mathematical fact.

You don't have to agree. You are simply wrong.

THAT is a mathematical fact. The other things in that post, not so much.

But you made no sense ..you disagree with the guys analogy when he was spot on, what he said wasnt a lie, its fact.
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#62Gidan89Posted 11/12/2012 3:01:19 PM
This is insane. Are there people who REALLY play next-gen consoles on SDTV? Why would you hurt yourself so much?

I mean, you can get a, however small, HDTV for spare change these days... Don't fool yourself, you are missing out on some truly amazing experiences. You are practically cutting yourself out from modern age! Heck, even on my old iPhone 4 I can play games at higher resolution than a SDTV!

Get a good grip on yourselves and go buy a HDTV, NOW!
---
Rally-ho yourself!
#63thundercat2600Posted 11/12/2012 3:01:46 PM
squatch22 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
If you were a true lover of games, you would just play games and not care about format or visuals

Fixed :)

Video games are a visual media. Visuals are a large part of the experience. The GPU is one of the most expensive components of any gaming console/PC (if not the most expensive), and also gets the lion's share of the power budget. Why would that be the case if visuals don't matter?

Just face it, you are wrong. You're not any more "enlightened" for saying visuals don't matter. I know that, being a Nintendo fan, you must've put yourself through some serious mental gymnastics in order to justify the Wii's pathetic visuals. But now you can cut it out.
#64xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/12/2012 3:03:57 PM
Let me ask this one question.

Why does it bother you, the gamers that have HDTV's, so much that someone is happily playing on an SDTV?
---
Wii U: ???? Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
________________________^ Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and More!^_______________________
#65Ness0123456789Posted 11/12/2012 3:05:40 PM
What I find really ironic about this whole "Discussion" is that you can get an HDTV for a cheaper price than a WiiU these days.

But so long as people continue to say that there's no noticble difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS or 720p and 1080p, there will be people that insist that there's no difference in quality between SDTVs and HDTVs.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#66Sylar100Posted 11/12/2012 3:07:03 PM
Sylar100 posted...
Sylar100 posted...
So why don't Devs just add 2 screen resolutions in their games? One for HDTV's, and one for SD? Kind of like how computers allow you to change resolutions and fits everything on the screen accordingly.

There has to be a way they can do this

Could someone please answer this? I'd like to know if there is a reason Developers can't do this aside from being lazy. Are there technical limitations or something?
#67darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 3:09:58 PM(edited)
Sylar100 posted...
Sylar100 posted...
Sylar100 posted...
So why don't Devs just add 2 screen resolutions in their games? One for HDTV's, and one for SD? Kind of like how computers allow you to change resolutions and fits everything on the screen accordingly.

There has to be a way they can do this

Could someone please answer this? I'd like to know if there is a reason Developers can't do this aside from being lazy. Are there technical limitations or something?

The answer IS laziness.

Which is hilarious, considering the fact that a vast majority of the games on the HD Twins are also on PC, with a vast multitude of resolution options.

There should be no technical limitations - playing the game in a lower resolution would actually increase performance. The only limitation at first was the mandate for higher resolutions prevented the ability, but after that? It's all laziness.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#68lDarkdrakPosted 11/12/2012 3:13:28 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
Video games are a visual media. Visuals are a large part of the experience. The GPU is one of the most expensive components of any gaming console/PC (if not the most expensive), and also gets the lion's share of the power budget. Why would that be the case if visuals don't matter?

Just face it, you are wrong. You're not any more "enlightened" for saying visuals don't matter. I know that, being a Nintendo fan, you must've put yourself through some serious mental gymnastics in order to justify the Wii's pathetic visuals. But now you can cut it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7w64fbqYQY
---
Beware, I live!
#69xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/12/2012 3:14:14 PM
I'm working on getting an HDTV, but right now I can't afford it.
---
Wii U: ???? Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
________________________^ Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and More!^_______________________
#70darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 3:15:38 PM
@Thundercat - if visuals have to be the best they possibly can be, why is Penny Arcade's On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 one of the best selling indie games on Steam and XBLA?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie