Nintendo fans are crazy. Why even buy a Wii U if you don't have an HDTV?

#71darkjedilinkPosted 11/12/2012 2:15:48 PM
@Thundercat - if visuals have to be the best they possibly can be, why is Penny Arcade's On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 one of the best selling indie games on Steam and XBLA?
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#72gumbyxcore99Posted 11/12/2012 2:19:26 PM
it just doesnt matter to some people
#73thundercat2600Posted 11/12/2012 2:19:54 PM
xXDa-KidXx posted...
Let me ask this one question.

Why does it bother you, the gamers that have HDTV's, so much that someone is happily playing on an SDTV?

Let me ask this one question:
If someone told you they're a music lover, and they use a pair of horrible $5 headphones, would you believe them? That's almost insulting. Anybody who truly loves and appreciates music would, at the very least, spend a little money to hear the music the way it was meant to be listened to.

In the same way, anybody who truly loves gaming would, at the very least, spend a couple hundred bucks so they can at least view their games in HD resolution.

Honestly, it's such a joke that we are even having this discussion.
#74XXXB0BXXXPosted 11/12/2012 2:26:14 PM
xXDa-KidXx posted...

Why does it bother you, the gamers that have HDTV's, so much that someone is happily playing on an SDTV?

If someone told you they're a music lover, and they use a pair of horrible $5 headphones, would you believe them? That's almost insulting. Anybody who truly loves and appreciates music would, at the very least, spend a little money to hear the music the way it was meant to be listened to.

In the same way, anybody who truly loves gaming would, at the very least, spend a couple hundred bucks so they can at least view their games in HD resolution.

Music is my #1 hobby and I use iPod headphones for all my music. I have the exact same thoughts on music as I do on gaming. The fidelity just doesn't matter. You and I are fundamentally different, deal with it.
---
sometime there shot make sometime miss but there dribble and fall to ground of to the court if you alway have a patient then you will always make make shot - me
#75thundercat2600Posted 11/12/2012 2:28:08 PM
darkjedilink posted...
@Thundercat - if visuals have to be the best they possibly can be, why is Penny Arcade's On The Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 one of the best selling indie games on Steam and XBLA?

It's a retro 16-bit style game. It uses a low-res pixelized art style meant to evoke nostalgia for classic JRPGs. If all you want to play is low-res retro games, then you can ALMOST make the case that you're getting the full experience on an SDTV.

But actually you're not. You'd still be playing it letterboxed since it's designed for widescreen, and interlaced rather than progressive scan.

So my point stands. You're not a true gamer if you insist you're getting the full experience on an SDTV.
#76xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/12/2012 2:28:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#77xXDa-KidXxPosted 11/12/2012 2:33:37 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
xXDa-KidXx posted...

Uh.. yes I would believe them, maybe that was all they could afford, or truly didn't care about it. Why would someone lie about that.
Also, you'd think a person who is passionate about games wouldn't care about the tv, but in fact, actually having the gaming system to play.

I don't know who you think you are to be insulted by this, you're nothing. Nothing better than them anyways. You're actually the one insulting.
---
Wii U: ???? Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DaKidWiiTrailers
________________________^ Updates, Trailers, Reviews, and More!^_______________________
#78LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 2:36:35 PM
ITT: Nintendo fantrolls thinking they are convincing everyone that HD isn't important.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#79ZazabarPosted 11/12/2012 2:36:45 PM
I hope these SDTVs at least have component.

If you're still playing next gen through 480i and composite, you're lol.
---
http://www.xfire.com/profile/zazabar/
You'll see...I'll still be Andy's favorite toy. >:)
#80madetohealPosted 11/12/2012 2:38:16 PM
For the same reason I bought a PS3 before i had a HDTV. . . to play videogames. What the hell is wrong with folks who ask these kind of questions?