The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Warning to anyone who has NEVER owned an HD gaming system before

#1NettoSaitoPosted 11/12/2012 6:56:38 PM(edited)
... and who also do not own an HDTV

Ok so I just posted this here,

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/64604491?page=3

but it got me thinking... This is something that not many Nintendo fans may actually know, and it is a very important piece of information which WILL be an issue for many of you. Now I know some of you wont want to believe what I have to say, but you can ask anyone else who has ever owned a 360 or PS3, and they can tell you the same thing... You WILL have problems with HD games on a SD tv. (Especially with games that are coded for wide screen support only. Games such as Assassin's Creed 3, and Ninja Gaiden 3.)

I'll just recopy what I posted in the above link...

The big problem a LOT of people will be running into with the Wii U, is that a lot of them are Nintendo only fans, and because of that they don't understand how big the jump from standard to HD will be. Not because of the graphics, but because of what your TV supports.

Back when I got my 360, I didn't have an HD TV. I had both a small (30 or so inch) TV, and a 50 or so inch, and neither one of them would work for my games. Simply because how the games were set up, the text was basically unreadable in most games (try playing an RPG such as Star Ocean when you can't even read the text), and other games I had problems with the menus. Sure games like Halo 3 were fine since I didn't have to read, but even racing games were hard to play simply because I didn't know what I was upgrading when I upgraded my cars.

Standard TVs do NOT mix very well with HD games. It's one problem many people have had to learn the HARD way, and both current HD consoles have been effected by it.

Same thing can be said for HD TVs playing older games as well though. Older consoles that use a light gun to play games won't work on HD tvs (no Duck Hunt NES), and a lot of games have resolution problems. Older games tend to be blurry on HD screens, and you may even have a hard time reading the text there as well.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#2AmakusaPosted 11/12/2012 6:22:08 PM
NettoSaito posted...
Same thing can be said for HD TVs playing older games as well though. Older consoles that use a light gun to play games won't work on HD tvs (no Duck Hunt NES),

The Wii hasn't used a light gun-style game in... well, ever. I hardly think this is going to be an issue.
---
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.
#3Parkers_PeterPosted 11/12/2012 6:22:14 PM
My God just get to the point.
---
Shut up
#4gumbyxcore99Posted 11/12/2012 6:22:49 PM
dont expect any game ported from another console to be playable on an sdtv
#5pikachupwnagePosted 11/12/2012 6:24:13 PM
I am 95% percent sure my HD is TV
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#6NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:26:48 PM
Amakusa posted...
NettoSaito posted...
Same thing can be said for HD TVs playing older games as well though. Older consoles that use a light gun to play games won't work on HD tvs (no Duck Hunt NES),

The Wii hasn't used a light gun-style game in... well, ever. I hardly think this is going to be an issue.

I'm not talking about the Wii. I'm saying that although an HD TV is basically required for HD consoles, it won't work for all of your old games. NES, SNES, Sega Saturn, and other systems that had light gun games will have major problems with it. Then again, who knows how many people here even HAVE any of them systems lol
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
#7NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 6:27:45 PM
Parkers_Peter posted...

Sorry, forgot there were kids here with attention spans ^_^.

I'll dumb it down for you. If you don't have an HD TV, don't expect to be able to play the Wii U.
---
#8PoweranimalsPosted 11/12/2012 6:28:19 PM
Since I have an HDTV, I don't think it'll be an issue.
#9Parkers_PeterPosted 11/12/2012 6:41:37 PM
NettoSaito posted...
Parkers_Peter posted...

I'll dumb it down for you. If you don't have an HD TV, don't expect to be able to play the Wii U.

Wat? You can play the Wii U on an sdtv just like you can play a 360 on a sdtv. What a stupid topic.
---
Shut up
#10hellbringherPosted 11/12/2012 6:44:34 PM
Parkers_Peter posted...
NettoSaito posted...
Parkers_Peter posted...

Wat? You can play the Wii U on an sdtv just like you can play a 360 on a sdtv. What a stupid topic.

This.

Only on gamefaqs can ONE person say something and think everyone also thinks it.
---
Regular Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Adventure Time