Warning to anyone who has NEVER owned an HD gaming system before

#21singhellotakuPosted 11/12/2012 8:10:50 PM
I don't know at this point, its like people buying modern cars and complaining that they don't have tape decks in them, I prefer to make fun of them for being so far behind the times. My roomate bought a 26 inch HDTV for $170 last year, that is much less than the cost of a Wii U, PS3 or 360, if you can afford an HD console, you can probably afford an HDTV.
#22NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:38:50 PM(edited)
hellbringher posted...
Played my 360 on a sdtv for 3 years. While the text was small I never once stopped playing because of it.

Keep trying TC. Here's a shovel keep digging.

You just proved my point. Although I'm guessing you never played any RPGs.

Also it depends how old the SDTV is as well. For example ones from the late 80s and early 90s may not even work at all. Like I said, I have a friend who had to get a new TV simply because his PS3 would NOT work on his standard. You would turn on the system, be greeted by a blurry screen, and that's all there was to it. You couldn't make out the XMB icons, and games were unplayable. The thing still works fine for his older systems, such as his N64 or even PS2, but his PS3 was flat out unplayable.

I'm not saying that everyone here has a TV from 80s or early 90s, but I'm sure some do.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#23IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:39:05 PM
I feel bad for anyone that still owns an SDTV in 2012 for modern gaming.
#24GoombacrusherPosted 11/12/2012 8:39:57 PM
Wow, TC may have just set the record for "Most Condescending Topic" on Gamefaqs
---
http://i.imgur.com/VQTIb.png
Press Left to brofist.
#25NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 8:43:16 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
Wow, TC may have just set the record for "Most Condescending Topic" on Gamefaqs

I made this topic because I've been seeing it non stop. Just about everyone I know who has a Wii is still playing on a SDTV, and just about every forum I visit have topics where people brag that they never switched to HD. I just wanted to warn everyone that there will be issues, and that they should be ready for them.

I sure wish someone would have told me back in 2006. I was playing my Wii without any issues, and never even thought about getting a new TV until I finally got my 360.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#26IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 8:45:43 PM
Can't wait for the topics on sunday:

"small text?"

"Why did Nintendo make it so I can't see the game!!!"

"why is the text so super small?"

"is this a wii u for ants?"
#27Coop14Posted 11/12/2012 8:55:02 PM
Jesus Christ this is sad. TC is trying to help, provides PROOF and so many of you act like damn middle school brats.

TC thank you for trying to help others. It's ashame so many posters cant grasp te concept they need to act more there age and less there manly parts size.
---
On the WoW board today, Coop14 becomes the most desired male on the board in the span of a single day. -
Wyrmwarrior5
#28nonexistingheroPosted 11/12/2012 8:55:18 PM
The only issue is small text and it's something developers can easily fix for SDTV's (but the majority probably won't). The gameplay is exactly the same and the games will still look beautiful.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#29Sylar100Posted 11/12/2012 8:56:06 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
The only issue is small text and it's something developers can easily fix for SDTV's (but the majority probably won't). The gameplay is exactly the same and the games will still look beautiful.

Indeed
#30GigantLuffyPosted 11/12/2012 8:58:03 PM
I once played DeusEx on my HDTV, but I didn't have any HD cables so I played the game in standard definition. I didn't even bother playing past the first hour because the text was so... microscopic. They should give you the option to adjust text size on these games.
---
"STRANGE ISN'T IT" - Sonikku za Hejjihoggu
Currently Playing: KH3D & Princess Code