Warning to anyone who has NEVER owned an HD gaming system before

#41nonexistingheroPosted 11/12/2012 9:32:14 PM
DTY3 posted...
Yeah TC I tried playing Tales of Vesperia on a huge SDTV...
It was dreadful. Could barely read anything. Whenever I used a Magic Lens to view enemy HP...well I couldn't even see it.

Also Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was TERRIBLE. I think they even put in a text enlargement patch.

Tales of Vesperia plays just fine on an SDTV, me and my sisters had no issues at all.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#42DBPanterAPosted 11/12/2012 9:39:44 PM
We have known Nintendo was releasing the Wii U since June 6, 2011, when they stated this was a HD console. That is 17 months. If folks didn't plan appropriately for the last 17 months, no sympathy.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minny
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#43ElectricMolePosted 11/12/2012 9:41:05 PM
Parkers_Peter posted...
My God just get to the point.

The side details of the action on the screen will be cut off for the sdtv people.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#44zaakroPosted 11/12/2012 9:49:21 PM
I played my xbox 360 for the first 4 years on a SDTV and i had no problems with it
---
Some days don't you wish you could high five the sun
#45NettoSaito(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2012 9:54:11 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Coop14 posted...
Jesus Christ this is sad. TC is trying to help, provides PROOF and so many of you act like damn middle school brats.

TC thank you for trying to help others. It's ashame so many posters cant grasp te concept they need to act more there age and less there manly parts size.

He's not trying to help. He's saying "get with the f***ing times, buy an HDTV because most developers won't bother to adjust the text for you." I mean, seriously, let people for themselves decide about that. If they want to whine about small text, let them. Rare was kind enough to make a patch of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and that wouldn't have happened if people didn't think it was an issue. And I'm fairly certain Platinum Games included that option in Vanquish, because of all of the whining about small text. Because you see, some developers really do care that all of their fans are satisfied.

You didn't even read what I said did you? When did I ever insult anyone about having a SDTV? I have two of them, and I USE them. I was simply saying that there's an issue playing HD consoles on a SDTV, and that's an issue a LOT of people don't even know about. Stop being so hard headed and actually read what I said.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#46joker120Posted 11/12/2012 9:57:11 PM
I guarantee most Nintendo fans that visit Gamefaqs are fans of games period and have at some point in their life seen how an HD game looks compared to a SD game. I mean we all have access to the internet and presumably COmputer monitors that run in HD resolutions. Even if they only own a wii they would have known the difference already.
---
soul silver FC:1505 7978 9391; pearl FC:3911 0786 2278
#47hyruler461Posted 11/12/2012 10:17:57 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
Coop14 posted...
Jesus Christ this is sad. TC is trying to help, provides PROOF and so many of you act like damn middle school brats.

TC thank you for trying to help others. It's ashame so many posters cant grasp te concept they need to act more there age and less there manly parts size.

He's not trying to help. He's saying "get with the f***ing times, buy an HDTV because most developers won't bother to adjust the text for you." I mean, seriously, let people for themselves decide about that. If they want to whine about small text, let them. Rare was kind enough to make a patch of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and that wouldn't have happened if people didn't think it was an issue. And I'm fairly certain Platinum Games included that option in Vanquish, because of all of the whining about small text. Because you see, some developers really do care that all of their fans are satisfied.

Well actually Rare made that patch because even with a HDTV the text was still crazy hard to read, so it definately was an issue on there part.
#48FaycelessPosted 11/12/2012 10:27:25 PM
I played PS3 games on an SDTV before I had HD, the only thing I ever had problems with was loading screen text on Valkyria Chronicles. Turns out they were fictitious national anthems. What a letdown.
#49Godstriker8Posted 11/12/2012 10:36:54 PM
As a former SDTV only user, I can attest to the text being unreadable in some games, and certain things were cut out of the picture. It wasn't until after I platinumed Red Dead I got my HDTV, and tried it out on my new TV. I then discovered that the horse's had a stamina meter the whole time >_>
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#50Ruff_PuffPosted 11/12/2012 10:37:47 PM
My first PS3 was put on a little SDTV; until we got out new HDTV I had no idea the words on the screen in MGS4 were supposed to be readable. O_o