Warning to anyone who has NEVER owned an HD gaming system before

#51gallirPosted 11/12/2012 9:38:20 PM
Good to know. I've mostly been a fanboy and never had a TV 30+ inches. I have a 360 though and no games have been a problem yet (though reading text in FF XIII was hard). I want to play my old systems (NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii) so I still want a regular TV, and have no idea where I would put an HDTV... I'm fine buying one just to play Wii U, but where to put it is the problem.
---
Currently playing - Nothing =(
#52finalevePosted 11/12/2012 9:49:38 PM
NettoSaito posted...
Amakusa posted...
NettoSaito posted...
Same thing can be said for HD TVs playing older games as well though. Older consoles that use a light gun to play games won't work on HD tvs (no Duck Hunt NES),

The Wii hasn't used a light gun-style game in... well, ever. I hardly think this is going to be an issue.

I'm not talking about the Wii. I'm saying that although an HD TV is basically required for HD consoles, it won't work for all of your old games. NES, SNES, Sega Saturn, and other systems that had light gun games will have major problems with it. Then again, who knows how many people here even HAVE any of them systems lol

You mean PS2? I've Time Crisis 3 on my PS2. Doesn't PS3 have TC4 with the fancy GunCon3?
#53AccrovideogamesPosted 11/12/2012 9:51:29 PM
TC is right, I got my first HDTV a few months after my PS3 and I can assure you that HD games on SDTV suck a lot. I couldn't read the text on the cellphone in Grand Theft Auto IV. I also still keep a SDTV for very old games because the problem works both ways. When I finally got a HDTV, I started replaying the four PS3 games I had and the experience was outstanding. It's okay to use old technologies but to mix them with new ones is downright stupid.
---
I'm French speaking.
Male, 22, Quebec
#54BurgerTime79Posted 11/12/2012 10:02:45 PM
Every single person who is going to complain will have either never seen this topic, or simply ignored it. People will think there is something wrong with what they bought the second something different happens, and they won't take the time to look around first.
This happened with the latest update on the PS3. They moved the trophies from the "Game" row to the "Network" row. It was listed in the update information before you even started, and right on the firmware update page over on Sony's site, and yet as soon as people saw it missing from the Game row, they went right to the message board and freaked out. They also freaked out over the order in which they were listed being changed, but you could switch it back with a couple button presses.

Plan and simple, today's society has a hard time grasping the concept of paying attention and not jumping to conclusions.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#55LinetrixPosted 11/12/2012 10:09:12 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Can't wait for the topics on sunday:

"small text?"

"Why did Nintendo make it so I can't see the game!!!"

"why is the text so super small?"

"is this a wii u for ants?"

Hahaha.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#56ssbmrocksPosted 11/12/2012 10:20:09 PM
I play my PS3 just fine on my SDTV. Some games have really small text and I have to sit closer to the TV to read it, but other than that I have no problems at all.
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.
#57IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/12/2012 10:20:24 PM
It's funny but you know it will happen, poor guys like squatch cling to their SDTVs for no reason lol/
#58YamaguxhiPosted 11/12/2012 10:32:16 PM
What is TC trying to accomplish with all this nonsense?
---
No more Tom foolerey
#59CBZ652Posted 11/12/2012 10:40:45 PM
HiberN81 posted...
Just because we're Nintendo fans doesn't mean we're stuck in the 1980's! 1990's maybe, but not th 80's!

80s>>>>>>>>>>>>>90s. And it bears repeating!
80s>>>>>>>>>>>>>90s.
---
A candle loses nothing by lighting another
#60JonnyBigBossPosted 11/12/2012 10:44:35 PM
Parkers_Peter posted...
My God just get to the point.

This. The intro was incredibly epic and drawn out.
---
www.gamerevolution.com