Warning to anyone who has NEVER owned an HD gaming system before

#61garlog64Posted 11/12/2012 11:45:24 PM
It looks like this has already been said, but I played my 360 on a 15" SDTV for years, and never had a big problem. The only problem I ever had was a watch you had to read on Condemned 2: Bloodshot. I needed to read the date on the watch but I couldn't make it out.

Also, Duck Hunt totally works on my HDTV.
---
"Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain. CHOCOLATE. RAIN!" Pinkie Pie
Royal Weapons Smith of the OoT 3D board
#62badtofuPosted 11/12/2012 11:52:40 PM
There was nothing game breaking about playing the ps3 or 360 on a SDTV. Some text will be unreadable but I got by in the games I owned with no problem.
#63Kaze_MemaryuPosted 11/13/2012 12:02:08 AM
I couldn't give a little s**t about HD TV. I experienced it when I visited a friend. And while it's kinda cool - doe we really ned an HD TV to make the games better? Nope, it's all about the graphics.
I've had my Xbox 360 for about 3 years now, and I've never felt myself forced to buy a new TV, despite the nano-sized fonts in many games.

Just to make it clear, small text is not the TV's or consoles' fault - the developers are to blame. I could ramble on and on about several conspiracy theories, but in the end: it's simply a dumb decision.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#64KingHieiPosted 11/13/2012 12:14:29 AM
I'm not even really interested in the Wii U yet. I play PS3. But I saw this thread in 'Popular Board Topics' and damn....TC tries to be helpful and gets **** for it. Grow up, guys. I know exactly what he's talking about because it happened to me years ago. He's trying to give the freaking HD noobs a heads up before they buy an HD console for an SDTV. At least then less people will complain about the visuals being an issue with the console/game, itself.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't make it any less of a real issue.
---
PSN Tags: Toonami3000 & V_For_Vincent
From 'Team FlashPoint'. Playing: Battlefield 3, Killzone Trilogy
#65DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 12:19:36 AM
KingHiei posted...
I'm not even really interested in the Wii U yet. I play PS3. But I saw this thread in 'Popular Board Topics' and damn....TC tries to be helpful and gets **** for it. Grow up, guys. I know exactly what he's talking about because it happened to me years ago. He's trying to give the freaking HD noobs a heads up before they buy an HD console for an SDTV. At least then less people will complain about the visuals being an issue with the console/game, itself.

Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't make it any less of a real issue.

This guy gets it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#66DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 12:22:03 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
DTY3 posted...
Yeah TC I tried playing Tales of Vesperia on a huge SDTV...
It was dreadful. Could barely read anything. Whenever I used a Magic Lens to view enemy HP...well I couldn't even see it.

Also Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts was TERRIBLE. I think they even put in a text enlargement patch.

Tales of Vesperia plays just fine on an SDTV, me and my sisters had no issues at all.

Well me and my brothers hated it.
---
#67Skul_Posted 11/13/2012 12:27:20 AM
I only got a HDTV this year.... ):
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#68DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 12:28:28 AM
Skul_ posted...
I only got a HDTV this year.... ):

Me too. We won't make fun of you for taking this long. Only if you blindly bash HD like many idiots here.
---
#69BurgerTime79Posted 11/13/2012 12:31:36 AM
DTY3 posted...
KingHiei posted...

This guy gets it.

The ones that are bashing it, are simply doing it to troll around. I get it, but quite frankly too many people won't pay attention.

McDonalds puts up a menu, people still ask how much stuff is.
Target posts it's hours up on the window as you come in, and people will still ask what time you close right after entering.
Nintendo put a yellow warning on the front of the UK 3DS XL box stating that it does NOT come with an AC cable, and yet people still didn't know until after they bought it.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#70Fierce_Deity777Posted 11/13/2012 12:33:12 AM
You guys need to try playing Skyrim on a Standard Def TV. He's not exaggerating. The text is an absolute nightmare to read, bordering on completely illegible a good 80% of the time. AND parts of the screen get cut off. Taking menu options with it. Pushed me over the edge to upgrade to an HDTV. Wasn't really that expensive either. Managed to find a great 1080p tv (either led or lcd. Whichever one of the two is better) for only about $150-170 and the difference was astronomical.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.9