Things consumers might do when the Wii U comes out?

#1teamaquashockPosted 11/12/2012 9:45:38 PM
I've read some pretty ridiculous ones.
No, I'm not making fun of the Wii U, just the confused consumers that really don't know anything about it.

For example, I read one story when the Wii came out, a parent was asking online how to put the credit card into the Wii to put money to buy Wiiware games for her children. She misunderstood what the people told her and what she did was literally push her credit card into the Wii console... and broke it.

What do you think people will do to the Wii U?

IMO, this one will 100% happen:

1) Someones buys a Wii U game, not knowing it's a new system.
2) Gives to child for christmas, finding out it doesnt work on the Wii.
3) Angry consumer
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#2thundercat2600Posted 11/12/2012 9:49:29 PM
^ that's going to happen A LOT.

It has a similar name to Wii. It looks a lot like the Wii. It even uses the same controllers.

Not to mention, a lot of Wii owners aren't the hardcore gamer type who follow this stuff.

I have a feeling there will be a lot of confused consumers wondering why NSMBU won't work on their Wii.
#3SS4_NamreppivPosted 11/12/2012 9:49:35 PM
The Wii U game cases are different enough compared to Wii cases, it's not easy to confuse them.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#4senelcoolidge_Posted 11/12/2012 9:50:28 PM
I think that will only happen if the employee doesn't let the consumer know the difference. Even so, you'd have to be pretty stupid not to know the difference.., then again, these are customers we are talking about.
#5idrc82Posted 11/12/2012 9:52:57 PM
This is probably why gamepads arent for sale yet. I can imagine someone.thinking the gamepad hooks up to a wii thus becoming wii u.... yeah the wii u cases should be different enough but youd be surprised at some people. There will be angry idiots this xmas...
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176. Vita/psn: xgamblorx
Wii u:
#6smifypzPosted 11/12/2012 9:56:46 PM
I think one reason Nintendo isn't selling extra gamepads (besides the lack of games needing an extra gamepad) is so consumers don't buy the controller and expect it to work with the Wii.
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704
PSN: tennislover3195
#7Pkshootout13Posted 11/12/2012 9:58:00 PM
You gotta remember these are parents we're talking about. You'd be surprised how many older people don't know the difference between consoles. Back when j was younger i would have to write down word for word what i wanted or else my mom or aunt would've gotten a game for the wrong system. They obviously aren't too big on technology and electronics lol
#8idrc82Posted 11/12/2012 10:01:04 PM
Pkshootout13 posted...
You gotta remember these are parents we're talking about. You'd be surprised how many older people don't know the difference between consoles. Back when j was younger i would have to write down word for word what i wanted or else my mom or aunt would've gotten a game for the wrong system. They obviously aren't too big on technology and electronics lol

Lol i remember times like that when i was young. If i asked my parents for a game it would have to be written down precisely with emphasis in certain things.like numbers if it was a sequel.
---
3ds fc: 0817-4077-5176. Vita/psn: xgamblorx
Wii u:
#9ElectricMolePosted 11/12/2012 10:04:07 PM
hanging out at best buy, I realized that average non gamers dont even know what system kinect is for.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#10huyiPosted 11/12/2012 10:41:58 PM
teamaquashock posted...

For example, I read one story when the Wii came out, a parent was asking online how to put the credit card into the Wii to put money to buy Wiiware games for her children. She misunderstood what the people told her and what she did was literally push her credit card into the Wii console... and broke it.

LOL i've read similar thing but they put the SD card into the wii disc slot instead XD.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1