Things consumers might do when the Wii U comes out?

#11DerpyHoovesPosted 11/12/2012 9:47:52 PM
huyi posted...
teamaquashock posted...

For example, I read one story when the Wii came out, a parent was asking online how to put the credit card into the Wii to put money to buy Wiiware games for her children. She misunderstood what the people told her and what she did was literally push her credit card into the Wii console... and broke it.

LOL i've read similar thing but they put the SD card into the wii disc slot instead XD.

The great unwashed... how they amuse me.
---
"Eternal Chaos.. comes with chocolate rain, you guys! Chocolate! Rain!"
#12BurgerTime79Posted 11/12/2012 9:51:26 PM
It's bad enough that people have questions like:
-Does the PS3 have any Mario titles.
-I have a bunch of old Nintendo tapes in the attic. Will this run them?
-I just spent $100 on a DS last week, and there's a DS3? Can the games for that run in the DS I just bought.
-The Wii, PS3 and 360 all use discs, so why can't they all play the same games?
-It's rated M, but is there nudity in it? That's the only thing my 8 year old isn't allowed to have. (I love this one. Next time you're in a store and this situation happens, swear in front of the kid and watch the reaction of the parent)

People are going to confuse the Wii and the Wii U regardless.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#13knightimexPosted 11/13/2012 9:50:59 AM
Those consumers have an IQ less than 60.

Even Forrest Gump would know the difference between a Wii, and a Wii U.
---
Knightime X was a cool guy until he was exposed to GameFAQS radiation. He'll never be the same again!
#14DBPanterAPosted 11/13/2012 10:57:16 AM
Be thankful you do not work in an electronics department at a store that sells video games. If you do, please ask if someone goes for the Wii U games/accessories if they own the Wii U. If they get confused, ask them how long they have had their system.

I have had to help a lot of people with this in the 3DS section of games as a customer because they get excited playing the 3DS, and I tell them, it is completely different. The Wii U will be the same.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minny
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#15HungoverHero777Posted 11/13/2012 11:32:42 AM
I think people will be confused that the Wii U is a brand new console because Nintendo spent nearly all of its advertising and marketing on the controller, instead of the console itself. I get it, this is this console's "thing" that differentiates it from any other console on the market, but how are people supposed to know it's a new console if the controller is in the forefront while the unit is shoved behind it on the box?
---
http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nintendo-cycle.png
Official "Co-Pun-isher" of the C2 board. IlThe AR-C Expert II
#16sejan12Posted 11/13/2012 1:04:31 PM
DerpyHooves posted...
huyi posted...
teamaquashock posted...

For example, I read one story when the Wii came out, a parent was asking online how to put the credit card into the Wii to put money to buy Wiiware games for her children. She misunderstood what the people told her and what she did was literally push her credit card into the Wii console... and broke it.

LOL i've read similar thing but they put the SD card into the wii disc slot instead XD.

The great unwashed... how they amuse me.

A friend of mine gave me a "broken" Wii a while back. Turned out the daughter tried to play a DS game in it and got the thing stuck in the disk drive.
#17Shadow_Mario01Posted 11/13/2012 1:40:29 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
It's bad enough that people have questions like:
-Does the PS3 have any Mario titles.
-I have a bunch of old Nintendo tapes in the attic. Will this run them?
-I just spent $100 on a DS last week, and there's a DS3? Can the games for that run in the DS I just bought.
-The Wii, PS3 and 360 all use discs, so why can't they all play the same games?
-It's rated M, but is there nudity in it? That's the only thing my 8 year old isn't allowed to have. (I love this one. Next time you're in a store and this situation happens, swear in front of the kid and watch the reaction of the parent)

People are going to confuse the Wii and the Wii U regardless.

Do you work for a game retailer? All those questions are spot-on, and absolutely hilarious.
---
Proud Captain Falcon Mainer
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/032011/brawl-falcon-punch.gif
#18New LinkPosted 11/13/2012 1:45:42 PM
I'm sure it's going to happen, but no more than those people who bought xbox360 games for their xbox, ps2 games for their ps1, SNES games for their NES, 3DS games for their DS, ect.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#19evecharmevePosted 11/13/2012 2:24:10 PM
I'm waiting for the customer that steps on the game pad to work out with it,