I don't even get the point of having an hd console.

#31hypermoePosted 11/13/2012 3:07:45 AM
In all honesty i would assume by now people should have some sort of HD tv. i mean i bought a cheap one on sale for 300$. ya it might not be the best, but for my ps3 and xbox alone it does its job really well, i assume it will do the same if not better with the WiiU. just saying i can understand why people dont jump up and buy one, if you already have a TV (new non-HD) perfectly understandable. But if you have the money and have an old TV why not go and find a cheap one?
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#32huyiPosted 11/13/2012 8:16:21 AM(edited)
i'm going to play my wii u on one of theses:

http://www.cv.vic.gov.au/data/7155/acmi_astor_1360.jpg

why are people complaining? sd is still cool! i think the black and white picture is so detailed, more so that hd!
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#33darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 8:17:21 AM
Considering it's extremely difficult to connect a modern video game console to that television....
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#34itis41269Posted 11/13/2012 8:17:50 AM
AXKSION posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...
Sd tv's are called "sd" because, well they're the STANDARD. Why waste money and inflate the price if the standard def. (480p) still exists?

Have you ever seen a high definition television?

it's like comparing Scarlett Johansen (HDTV) with Rosie O Donnel (SDTV).

^THIS^ lol
---
XCOM, Assassins Creed III
#35Rasputin77Posted 11/13/2012 8:28:43 AM
Wow. Ahhhh, the fondness of complete, innocent naivete. (And I'm not talking about the TC...)
---
"How do I work a phone and do research? How do I talk to people? I don't have a Wii U pre-order!" -- Failing At McLiferton
#36huyiPosted 11/13/2012 8:30:53 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Considering it's extremely difficult to connect a modern video game console to that television....

now i feel really insulted now! i will find a way to install my wii u and play it i don't care about HD! or need a new hdtv it's just a fad. <_< there is no difference between the two!
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#37darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 8:35:43 AM
huyi posted...
darkjedilink posted...

now i feel really insulted now! i will find a way to install my wii u and play it i don't care about HD! or need a new hdtv it's just a fad. <_< there is no difference between the two!

It CAN be done. You need a VCR with composite inputs and RF output, and an RF-to-screw antennae adapter. Connect the Wii U to the VCR, connect the VCR to the TV via an RF cable and the adapter. Set the TV to channel 3, set the VCR to your input and viola!
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#38huyiPosted 11/13/2012 8:41:17 AM
darkjedilink posted...
huyi posted...
darkjedilink posted...

It CAN be done. You need a VCR with composite inputs and RF output, and an RF-to-screw antennae adapter. Connect the Wii U to the VCR, connect the VCR to the TV via an RF cable and the adapter. Set the TV to channel 3, set the VCR to your input and viola!

now that's a setup, who needs a home cinema when i have a setup like this :)
---
UK Female Gamer
#39darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 8:47:32 AM
huyi posted...
darkjedilink posted...
huyi posted...
darkjedilink posted...

now that's a setup, who needs a home cinema when i have a setup like this :)

People like me, who enjoy watching movies, listening to music and playing games as close to how the people making them intended as possible.

I will never find fault in how someone's system is set up in and of itself. However, if you'll complain about it, you have nobody to blame but yourself.
---
#40RealWrecklessPosted 11/13/2012 9:03:51 AM
Pokerkid777 posted...
Sd tv's are called "sd" because, well they're the STANDARD. Why waste money and inflate the price if the standard def. (480p) still exists?

That is one of the most stupid posts I've ever read.