Probably WAY to early to ask this but...

#11blunderminePosted 11/13/2012 6:11:48 AM
Burning_Arm2 posted...
I live in Canada so there really isn't much in the way of Black Friday deals. Also, and I probably should have mentioned this, I don't plan on buying anything till next year.

Wait for boxing week and see what goes on sale then. You'll be able to find a great TV for under $1000 easily.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#12Enigma149Posted 11/13/2012 6:15:32 AM
I can't recommend a specific TV, but I do have some features you should look for:

-Try your best to buy a plasma. They're much better for gaming.
-Good TVs in the 37"-42" range will probably be easier to find.
-Make sure it's 1080p. Some TVs only go up to 720p, and a few support 720p and 1080i, but not 1080p.
-Make sure it has all the inputs you need.

If I could make a recommendation, spend about $600 on a TV (if you're not buying a 3D TV, this should be easy), and use the rest on either more gaming-related things or a good sound system.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#13DiscomasterPosted 11/13/2012 8:37:49 AM
I've had this one bookmarked for a while, but nowhere near able to afford a new TV any time soon...

http://www.amazon.ca/Panasonic-VIERA-TC-L32E5-32-Inch-LED-LCD/dp/B00752RACW/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1336851011&sr=8-10

This is what I would recommend. My current gaming TV is a Panasonic as well and I quite like it. Also, in opposition to the above comment, I wouldn't go with a plasma. I've gamed on both LCD and Plasma, and have found LCD looks better, but that could just be personal preference. The other issue with Plasma, however, is burn-in, which can easily happen with video games since there is often static information on the screen.
#14LinetrixPosted 11/13/2012 8:41:25 AM
LCD apparently looks better because plasma requires a lot of calibration. But once you got the right settings it is the best type of TV for gaming.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#15helzefeldPosted 11/13/2012 9:26:07 AM
I recommend the largest Vizio 3D Led 1080p that you can fit on your wall. When I first got my 47" I was blown away by the high refresh and low latency of Vizio TVs.... for reference I've only Westinghouse, Panasonic, and Sony Bravias and I like Vizio the best!
---
Now playing: Darksiders - 360 | Awaiting Wii U release! Deluxe Pre-Order complete!
Currently waiting most for: Dragon Quest X - Wii U!
#16DBPanterAPosted 11/13/2012 10:53:38 AM
Burning_Arm2 posted...
Can anyone recommend a good TV to pick up to use with the Wii U?

My old TV works fine but it's REALLY starting to show it's age. Not really looking for anything specific but would prefer some form of connection in the front/side that can be reached easily and no 3D since I'll probably never use it.

P.S. My budget is $1500.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Google Best TVs for Gaming. There are plenty of articles up on-line about it. Your budget is much higher than mine, I went with a $800 Samsung LED and it looks great. The biggest issue is if you will want great picture and if you want to play on-line. Depending on the manufactures components, certain things will increase latency (the time it takes for the image to be sent from the console to the TV), which will affect on-line play where milliseconds matter between life and death. Many manufacturers will not display some of the info on-line that is most important to gaming, so you will have to call them and wait as they transfer you to tech support for numbers and values.

Do your research, but at that price point, you could get a great TV for both gaming and watching and enjoy all aspects of the new console.
---
GE 007 Wii FC: 3219 3898 2992 &. Minny
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#17Burning_Arm2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:10:23 PM
Have an accurate measurement now, my space is approximately 23"H X 27 3/4"W and it's roughly 36" diagonally corner to corner.

Also my current TV has a twenty inch screen
#18gumbyxcore99Posted 11/13/2012 8:18:36 PM
what the hell is going on in your life that you have such a limited space? you're screwed into getting a 32 im pretty sure since i dont think they even make 36 inch tvs (they do make 37 sometimes though)
#19Burning_Arm2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 8:29:37 PM
It's the size of the space supplied by my cabinet I could buy a larger one but I risk blocking my closet as well as my power outlets if I go too wide unless I rearrange the entire room.

That being said I could always by a small shelf and use it in place of the cabinet and hang the TV on the wall if I have to.
#20gumbyxcore99Posted 11/13/2012 8:31:36 PM
well that is something to think about. but a 32 inch screen is not a bad size for a small room definitely an improvement over a 20"