Only these games are confirmed for off TV play? Ridiculous. Less than 1 week

#11Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 11/13/2012 4:02:40 AM
You have become quite the whiner in this board. Stop complaining all the time and if your life atm is really "Complicated" dont buy any consoles games etc until your life isn't "Complicated" if anything your whining is more of a problem.

/Topic.
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 2) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 3) Final Fantasy 9. 4) Final Fantasy 10. 5) Star Fox 64.
#12mcsmellingtonPosted 11/13/2012 4:10:14 AM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
You have become quite the whiner in this board. Stop complaining all the time and if your life atm is really "Complicated" dont buy any consoles games etc until your life isn't "Complicated" if anything your whining is more of a problem.

/Topic.

It's his gimmick. He does it on the PS3 board too, whines about games that aren't out yet, complains about any game that is first person, just general insults everything he doesn't like (and there's not much he does like).
---
GT: McPoo
#13AXKSION(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 4:15:39 AM
mcsmellington posted...

/Topic.

It's his gimmick. He does it on the PS3 board too, whines about games that aren't out yet, complains about any game that is first person, just general insults everything he doesn't like (and there's not much he does like).

there's tons, i just don't talk about it all the time.

oh and there isn't much from this gen of games, since gaming has gone downhill with a bunch of crap and pewpewer games. Few exceptions, with a few great games here and there on ps3, wii, and 3ds. last gen with the ps3 and 360 and wii were pretty lackluster though. best thing to happen to gaming within the last 8 years are Demon's and Dark Souls.

Also, I mean, if I didn't love Nintendo I wouldn't be here talking about Nintendo all day, LITERALLY counting down the days, hours and minutes.

I love Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc. So, tons of stuff I like.
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

4 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes.

Also, I am not a gimmick, nor use gimmicks. I hate gimmicks like motion controls.
---
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif Say "hi" to your 2012 World Champions: The San Francisco Giants!!!!
#14mcsmellingtonPosted 11/13/2012 4:23:01 AM
AXKSION posted...
mcsmellington posted...

/Topic.

there's tons, i just don't talk about it all the time.

oh and there isn't much from this gen of games, since gaming has gone downhill with a bunch of crap and pewpewer games. Few exceptions, with a few great games here and there on ps3, wii, and 3ds. last gen with the ps3 and 360 and wii were pretty lackluster though. best thing to happen to gaming within the last 8 years are Demon's and Dark Souls.

Also, I mean, if I didn't love Nintendo I wouldn't be here talking about Nintendo all day, LITERALLY counting down the days, hours and minutes.

I love Mario, Link, Samus, DK, etc. So, tons of stuff I like.
http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu

4 days, 20 hours, 45 minutes.

Also, I am not a gimmick, nor use gimmicks. I hate gimmicks like motion controls.

What about Devil may Cry? Do you like that?
---
GT: McPoo
#15AncientRomeBCPosted 11/13/2012 4:23:09 AM
add Batman to the list , pretty sure ive seen Tekken being played on gamepad as well
---
<> Wii U - Nov. 18th
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Caesar
#16overkillwfo1978Posted 11/13/2012 4:24:17 AM
8 years? Fallout. Lost Odyssey. Xenoblade. Borderlands 1+2, Tales of Vesperia, Skyrim. God, I could go on for awhile here...
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#17ArreiPosted 11/13/2012 4:25:38 AM
AXKSION posted...
ZombiU doesn't pause? What if you need to take a bathroom break or something?

IIRC, this was known when it was first revealed. Putting the horror back in survival horror, as it were - the trailer showed the character rifling through his pack, frantically searching for the right weapon for the job while zombies were busting down the door to the room he had taken shelter in, mirroring what the player himself would be doing, looking up to make sure the door hasn't broken yet then looking back down to peruse the inventory.

I'd wager you can suspend the game entirely like with pressing the Wiimote menu button for the Wii when nature calls, though.
#18Elements012894Posted 11/13/2012 4:29:05 AM
AXKSION posted...
Arrei posted...
Some games simply wouldn't work with pad play, no? Like ZombiU and the whole inventory not pausing gameplay thing.

RedBullWings posted...
As someone who won't be buying a Wii U for a while, if ever, I have to say that this is the least of my problems with the system. I don't even care about being able to play games on the controller only. If I wanted to do that, I would get a handheld system.

I have a 3DS XL.

Anyhow, I do not understand why I will not be able to play Super Mario RPG on the gamepad. I'm very disappointed about that.

I'm pretty sure ZombiU can pause. But things like a menu screen and stuff is done in realtime.

Think RE5. Navigating your inventory is done in realtime but if you want to pause the can game you can. But you can't equip stuff while pausing like past RE games.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#19SocranPosted 11/13/2012 4:30:59 AM
AXKSION posted...
Arrei posted...
Some games simply wouldn't work with pad play, no? Like ZombiU and the whole inventory not pausing gameplay thing.

It probably has a pause button, but the inventory doesn't pause the gameplay. It's supposed to give it a more realistic feeling, as you root through your backpack to find your shotgun while the zombies are still coming at you.

What he's getting at is the fact that there are many games that use the Gamepad's screen in conjunction with the TV screen, and it simply wouldn't be possible to play them on only one screen. I mean, how are you gonna throw those ninja stars in Nintendo Land off of your Gamepad and onto your... Gamepad? Pretty much any game that was designed to make the most out of the Gamepad's capabilities will have to forego off-TV play, or relegate it to only specific game modes.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#20PedroMontanaPosted 11/13/2012 4:33:16 AM
LOl, what's up,with the panic mode over some incomplete list. I'm sure Off-TV play has been officially confirmed for more games (definitely for Ninja Gaiden 3, i also think for Warriors Orochi 3).

It's rather obvious 80% of the Wii U games will support it - the only games that won't are those like ZombiU and Nintendo Land that make such unique use of the Wii U that they NEED both screens all the time.
---
No More Heroes