Only these games are confirmed for off TV play? Ridiculous. Less than 1 week

#31Sami1000Posted 11/13/2012 6:21:50 AM
Also Warriors orochi 3 hyper has off tv. What is really ridiculous is that we don't have confirmed prices for the wii u where i live.
#32darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 6:29:41 AM
blundermine posted...
darkjedilink posted...
blundermine posted...
I'm not sure how you expect games that require touchscreen input to stream tablet.

The Zelda demo did. If you don't think it's possible, check out a game called LostMagic for the DS.

They have darksiders streaming to the tablet to, but that's different. Those games only use it to enhance the experience. It saves you from having to pause by have the info or menus accessible all the time. It's the games which require input from the touchscreen is a crux of the gameplay that wont be able to be streamed to the controller.

Again, check out LostMagic for the DS. The game plays on the touch screen while simultaneously requiring input from the touchscreen. It works very well, and proves that what you're talking about is not only possible, but can be done well.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#33megax11Posted 11/13/2012 7:06:59 AM(edited)
Mass Effect 3
Skylanders: Giants
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Assassin's Creed III
Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition

Those are launch games confirmed to have off-TV play.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1327 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28
#34CI254Posted 11/13/2012 7:28:43 AM
Warriors Orochi 3 has it too.
---
{O,o}:O RLY?::::::::::{o,o}Shut the **** up.
/)__)::::::::::::::::::::::::::(__(\ SteamID: ci254 -Ci- Gaisuto
#35blunderminePosted 11/13/2012 7:30:21 AM
darkjedilink posted...
blundermine posted...
darkjedilink posted...
blundermine posted...
I'm not sure how you expect games that require touchscreen input to stream tablet.

The Zelda demo did. If you don't think it's possible, check out a game called LostMagic for the DS.

They have darksiders streaming to the tablet to, but that's different. Those games only use it to enhance the experience. It saves you from having to pause by have the info or menus accessible all the time. It's the games which require input from the touchscreen is a crux of the gameplay that wont be able to be streamed to the controller.

Again, check out LostMagic for the DS. The game plays on the touch screen while simultaneously requiring input from the touchscreen. It works very well, and proves that what you're talking about is not only possible, but can be done well.

That's not the same as something like Zombi U though. In that game, the top screen is not a necessity, it's just displaying text boxes and such (based on the video I saw). In Zombi U, the touch screen needs to be there in parallel to the TV screen for the game to function.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#36Dark_Link92Posted 11/13/2012 7:45:56 AM
Its a shame more games don't support it. My only HD TV is in the living room, so that will be where I set the Wii U up. Besides the initial few weeks when I'll be hogging it all the time, I play Monster Hunter for hours on end, and my family find it boring to look at and listen too, so it''s a shame that doesn't have Off-TV play. No reason not to, really. Hopefully it'll be added in an update.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#37darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 7:50:40 AM
blundermine posted...
darkjedilink posted...
blundermine posted...
darkjedilink posted...
blundermine posted...

That's not the same as something like Zombi U though. In that game, the top screen is not a necessity, it's just displaying text boxes and such (based on the video I saw). In Zombi U, the touch screen needs to be there in parallel to the TV screen for the game to function.

Off-TV play for ZombiU is different. It isn't that you need to touch stuff on the screen, the whole thing actually mimics an in-game device. The design choices for the game make off-tv play pretty much impossible. Most other games with touchscreen functionality can have the touchscreen inputs adjusted so that off-tv play can work just fine, ala the Zelda demo.

In essence, by bringing up ZombiU, you're attempting an apples-to-oranges comparison.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#38blunderminePosted 11/13/2012 9:47:21 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Off-TV play for ZombiU is different. It isn't that you need to touch stuff on the screen, the whole thing actually mimics an in-game device. The design choices for the game make off-tv play pretty much impossible. Most other games with touchscreen functionality can have the touchscreen inputs adjusted so that off-tv play can work just fine, ala the Zelda demo.

In essence, by bringing up ZombiU, you're attempting an apples-to-oranges comparison.

How? Zombi U was what I was thinking of when I said "I'm not sure how you expect games that require touchscreen input to stream tablet." ZombiU is one of those games where touchscreen input is required. Games like Darksiders and Zelda are games where the touchscreen input is optional.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#39DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 9:49:44 AM
Dang TC if this bothers you that much I don't know how you lived with any other console.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#40darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 9:58:43 AM
blundermine posted...
darkjedilink posted...

How? Zombi U was what I was thinking of when I said "I'm not sure how you expect games that require touchscreen input to stream tablet." ZombiU is one of those games where touchscreen input is required. Games like Darksiders and Zelda are games where the touchscreen input is optional.

First off, there is no Zelda game. The Zelda DEMO had mandatory touch input, which was moved around when the screen changed.

Black Ops 2, when playing with the Upad, has MANDATORY touch inputs, yet they do it. ZombiU could do it, too, if it weren't for the design choices they made negating it. And, as I said, playing the game on the same screen as the touch inputs isn't a new thing - the DS has been doing it since LAUNCH.
---