Only these games are confirmed for off TV play? Ridiculous. Less than 1 week

#41MelkacPosted 11/13/2012 10:04:19 AM
lol giant bomb.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec
#42sonic777Posted 11/13/2012 10:27:45 AM
You'll only need this feature when some moody ***** "wants to watch the telly" anyway, so what's the big deal?
#43sonic777Posted 11/13/2012 10:29:19 AM
DTY3 posted...
Dang TC if this bothers you that much I don't know how you lived with any other console.

Strawman. No other console advertised off tv play. Try again.
#44darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 10:29:49 AM
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...
Dang TC if this bothers you that much I don't know how you lived with any other console.

And the Wii U never advertised it as a standard feature. Try again.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#45blunderminePosted 11/13/2012 10:34:48 AM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
blundermine posted...
darkjedilink posted...
Off-TV play for ZombiU is different. It isn't that you need to touch stuff on the screen, the whole thing actually mimics an in-game device. The design choices for the game make off-tv play pretty much impossible. Most other games with touchscreen functionality can have the touchscreen inputs adjusted so that off-tv play can work just fine, ala the Zelda demo.

In essence, by bringing up ZombiU, you're attempting an apples-to-oranges comparison.

How? Zombi U was what I was thinking of when I said "I'm not sure how you expect games that require touchscreen input to stream tablet." ZombiU is one of those games where touchscreen input is required. Games like Darksiders and Zelda are games where the touchscreen input is optional.

First off, there is no Zelda game. The Zelda DEMO had mandatory touch input, which was moved around when the screen changed.

Black Ops 2, when playing with the Upad, has MANDATORY touch inputs, yet they do it. ZombiU could do it, too, if it weren't for the design choices they made negating it. And, as I said, playing the game on the same screen as the touch inputs isn't a new thing - the DS has been doing it since LAUNCH.

Are you just intentionally misinterpreting what I'm saying? Cause after reading this I just shook my head and sighed.

Edit: Also I just brought up Zelda because you seemed determined to bring it up in every post, I thought it might help you understand but apparently not.

Sigh
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#46sonic777Posted 11/13/2012 10:34:51 AM(edited)
darkjedilink posted...
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...

Except that its heavily advertised as such. Besides, that doesn't change the fact that DTY still made a straw...

Oh, wait, its you.
#47DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 10:34:45 AM
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...

Not a strawman. I'm dead serious. If this extra feature that has never been dne before bugs him this much than I don't know how he lived with any other console.

Its like complaining cause only some PS3 games have custom soundtrack support. Only at least then the 360 supported all games.

The Wii U is the only system doing this so there is no alternative.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#48darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 10:35:55 AM
sonic777 posted...
darkjedilink posted...
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...

Except that its heavily advertised as such. Besides, that doesn't change the fact that DTY still made a straw...

Oh, wait, its you.

No, it is not "heavily advertised as such." We were told it was a possible feature. Some developers put it in, but not in a lot of games. Nobody ever said it was going to be in a lot of games.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#49sonic777Posted 11/13/2012 10:43:14 AM
DTY3 posted...
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...

Not a strawman. I'm dead serious. If this extra feature that has never been dne before bugs him this much than I don't know how he lived with any other console.

Its like complaining cause only some PS3 games have custom soundtrack support. Only at least then the 360 supported all games.

You're under the impression he's complaining its even included. False.

Stop being so sensitive.

He wants to play on the game pad because Nintendo says he can play on the game pad (look at any commercial... It looks like a standard feature.

What's the problem?
#50darkjedilinkPosted 11/13/2012 11:00:32 AM
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...
sonic777 posted...
DTY3 posted...

You're under the impression he's complaining its even included. False.

Stop being so sensitive.

He wants to play on the game pad because Nintendo says he can play on the game pad (look at any commercial... It looks like a standard feature.

What's the problem?

They show it on one game, so it's a standard feature?

They told us at E3 2011 that it was up to the devs of each game to include the functionality. Stop being a moron on purpose.
---