Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge review!

#101WideAwakePosted 11/13/2012 2:25:23 PM
Awesome, I'm stoked to get this game. The graphics aren't much better than current gen, just touched, which is a good thing but not a great thing
---
"What's more important? That the right man is elected President, or that Star Wars is with people who will protect it most?"
#102The_DjokerPosted 11/13/2012 2:29:39 PM(edited)
Just as I expected.

IT's polished Turd.

It's basically the GOTY version of a crap game. and by GOTY I mean garbage of the year.

This is my advice to new people wanting to buy this game. Get it if you don't mind a bit of mindless hack and slash action with gore. But do NOT let this title dictate what you think of the franchise in general. Games like N1 and even NG2 are light years better than this and are some of the best action games of all time.

It's a shame Hayshi is still at Tecmo. I wish he got fired already.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#103StickMen1090Posted 11/13/2012 2:33:03 PM
The_Djoker posted...
Just as I expected.

IT's polished Turd.

It's basically the GOTY version of a crap game. and by GOTY I mean garbage of the year.

This is my advice to new people wanting to buy this game. Get it if you don't mind a bit of mindless hack and slash action with gore. But do NOT let this title dictate what you think of the franchise in general. Games like N1 and even NG2 are light years better than this and are some of the best action games of all time.

It's a shame Hayshi is still at Tecmo. I wish he got fired already.

a little over reacting are we?
#104nonexistingheroPosted 11/13/2012 2:33:10 PM
mistermerk posted...
nonexistinghero posted...
PGR3 launched with the 360, PGR4 came a few years later -__-

I think PGR4 still looks great, but the Wii U has launch titles that look better. Sega's All Star Racing game looks better.

I meant 3 but I guess it's personal preference. It's hard to compare the cartoony graphics of Sonic All Star Racing--which do look really good--with a realistic style.

I know it's hard to compare, but it pretty much looks like CG. I'm not even sure how they managed to get the game to look that damn good.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#105GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/13/2012 2:35:03 PM
So far the couple reviews that are out point to this being just as mediocre as the ps3/360 release

Big surprise, I didnt expect them to actually fix the game. It was rooted in the worst QTE saturated gameplay ever. They would have had to rework the gameplay from the ground up to fix it.

Just another crappy Wii U 3rd party cash in
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#106StickMen1090Posted 11/13/2012 2:37:05 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
So far the couple reviews that are out point to this being just as mediocre as the ps3/360 release

Big surprise, I didnt expect them to actually fix the game. It was rooted in the worst QTE saturated gameplay ever. They would have had to rework the gameplay from the ground up to fix it.

the gap from scores given is quite large actually between the 2 versions
#107T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 11/13/2012 2:40:41 PM

IGN: Original 3.0 Vs. Wii U 7.6

Same score alright.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#108GAMER_X_REVIVALPosted 11/13/2012 2:43:49 PM
StickMen1090 posted...

the gap from scores given is quite large actually between the 2 versions

It still didnt manage to even match the metacritic score NG2 Sigma got.

Idk, I watched a livestream of Sigma 1, Sigma 2 and NG3. NG3 really plays like a bag of asses and overall the game just sucks compared to its predecessors.

Wii U buyers I'm sure are going to put on the rose colored glasses to rationalize buying some pretty crappy games to legitimize getting a Wii U, to say the system has a solid launch library. But turds like NG3 and Mass Effect 3 really only hurt the launch lineup. Alot of these 3rd party ports are literally the worst games in their respective series. Sucks for Nintendo, oh well
---
Guardian Gamer X
"CE's verbal cruelty is only matched by an eight-armed robot beating multiple baby seals."-PursuitandTie
#109IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/13/2012 2:57:24 PM
I think the Wii U score is higher due, to like the reviewer said, he is wearing "launch goggles" when viewing the game.
#110jmichaelbpPosted 11/13/2012 2:59:07 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
I think the Wii U score is higher due, to like the reviewer said, he is wearing "launch goggles" when viewing the game.

Even if he didn't have "launch goggles", it probably still be higher than a 3.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.