Ninja Gaiden: Razor's Edge review!

#91metroid00700Posted 11/13/2012 2:32:06 PM
This game looks great to me. I rented the PS3 version and all of my dislikes seem like they're fixed here. Still no word on local co-op, though. This remains the only launch title I'd pay $60 for, I love hard brawlers.
---
Intel Core i7-3610QM/2 GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForceGT/12GB DDR3 RAM
SEGA Dreamcast: THE Best Gaming System since 9/9/99
#92nonexistingheroPosted 11/13/2012 3:01:39 PM
Pretty weird how some of the reviews seem so positive, then slap a 5 on it -__-

Anyhow, I'm not expecting it to be superb or even great. But the scores do seem a little bit on the low end. Oh well, for this kind of game it's best of ask for player impressions from the people who know their s***. I do the same for several other games, like Dynasty Warriors (and clones), JRPG's, etc.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#93jmichaelbpPosted 11/13/2012 3:03:58 PM
kinglink13 posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
mistermerk posted...
tgbyhnaa posted...
"Visually, Ninja Gaiden 3 is hardly going to make your PS3 and Xbox-owning friends envious. In fact, Razor’s Edge is arguably uglier than its cousins, with bland textures and a bad case of the “jaggies” combining to create a muddy look that would’ve been called out seven years ago during the Xbox 360’s launch. "

Worst port on the Wii U.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!! lol

Yup. Not only does the Wii U not have a single game that even comes close graphically to Halo 4, God of War Acensions, etc., I haven't seen a single one that exceeds 360 LAUNCH titles, like PGR4 or Kameo. The truly hilarious thing is that the fanboys STILL think that it's 3-4 times stronger than the 360 lol.

AC3 looks worse than Kameo? Gotcha.

It's Merk, he's trolling.

Yep he is a troll.

Says he's leaving... comes crawling back.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#94nonexistingheroPosted 11/13/2012 3:05:15 PM
jmichaelbp posted...

Kameo looks great though. But yeah, it's a rather ignorant statement.
---
#95jmichaelbpPosted 11/13/2012 3:06:35 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
jmichaelbp posted...

Kameo looks great though. But yeah, it's a rather ignorant statement.

Kameo still looks nice but to say it looks worse than AC3 or ME3 is stupid isn't it.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#96StickMen1090Posted 11/13/2012 3:08:27 PM
well it was rated 3/10 on PS3/360 so 7.6/10 is a great improvement
#97mistermerkPosted 11/13/2012 3:09:18 PM
jmichaelbp posted...
mistermerk posted...
tgbyhnaa posted...
"Visually, Ninja Gaiden 3 is hardly going to make your PS3 and Xbox-owning friends envious. In fact, Razor’s Edge is arguably uglier than its cousins, with bland textures and a bad case of the “jaggies” combining to create a muddy look that would’ve been called out seven years ago during the Xbox 360’s launch. "

Worst port on the Wii U.

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?!! lol

Yup. Not only does the Wii U not have a single game that even comes close graphically to Halo 4, God of War Acensions, etc., I haven't seen a single one that exceeds 360 LAUNCH titles, like PGR4 or Kameo. The truly hilarious thing is that the fanboys STILL think that it's 3-4 times stronger than the 360 lol.

AC3 does look better than Kameo so I'll admit I'm wrong on that. The 360/PS3 versions perform like crap, though, and I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U version performs even worse. And I still don't think any Wii U launch games are as impressive as PGR4, a 360 launch title.
#98nonexistingheroPosted 11/13/2012 3:18:37 PM
PGR3 launched with the 360, PGR4 came a few years later -__-

I think PGR4 still looks great, but the Wii U has launch titles that look better. Sega's All Star Racing game looks better.
---
#99nonexistingheroPosted 11/13/2012 3:22:48 PM
By the way, I wonder... since the game seems to be horribly optimized for 1080p (or better yet, not at all), could there be some advantages for forcing the game to run in 720p? Perhaps less slowdowns?
---
#100mistermerkPosted 11/13/2012 3:23:17 PM
nonexistinghero posted...
PGR3 launched with the 360, PGR4 came a few years later -__-

I think PGR4 still looks great, but the Wii U has launch titles that look better. Sega's All Star Racing game looks better.

I meant 3 but I guess it's personal preference. It's hard to compare the cartoony graphics of Sonic All Star Racing--which do look really good--with a realistic style.