Are there any popular/beloved games that you just can't stand?

#11BurgerTime79Posted 11/13/2012 1:24:09 PM
I just have zero interest in war based shooters. Give me Bioshock, leave CoD on the store shelf. I'd rather go onto Steam and get Hexen or Rise of the Triad before playing Battlefield.

As for sports games, it's the stats that give me the biggest problem. I bought MLB 11 The Show because I had a hankering for a sports title, and I couldn't figure the damn thing out. Oh you can play as minor league teams? How? What's this jumble of numbers mean? Why am I having such a hard time even hitting the damn ball!?
I think the last sports game I actually enjoyed was Mario Golf of the Gamecube.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#12Tempest717Posted 11/13/2012 1:25:56 PM
Nope, only games that I don't care for are realistic sports games and realistic racers, and I would hardly say I couldn't stand them.
---
Official Cherry Garcia of the IDF
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#13sonicfanaticjtbPosted 11/13/2012 1:31:24 PM
Most shooters. I'm also rather picky when it comes to RPGs. I like some, but can't get into others.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#14huyiPosted 11/13/2012 1:31:55 PM
Infernisle posted...
CoD, Sports games in general, and .Final Fantasy 7 (just to piss people off)

that makes two of us LOL

DBPanterA posted...
JRPGs. Even Japanese developers say they need to move on.

If people love them so much, either buy a Japanese console or tell more people to buy the games, because their sales numbers are pathetic, both in and outside of Japan. This is an industry predicated on making money, which they don't do a lot of on this entire genre. It's become the Eddie Murphy genre of video games.

Jrpgs are pretty much a dying dodo breed now not a lot of interest in them in the west.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#15cavebear56Posted 11/13/2012 1:35:36 PM
Any God of War game after the first.

A bald angsty goober that has issues using an inside voice is only wanted and needed for 1 game.

I also don't like characters that bland which is why I also dislike Deadpool, very 1 dimensional.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#16abbyhitterPosted 11/13/2012 1:40:03 PM
linkums posted...
Sports games.

This and first person shooters.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#17AngelWithaHatPosted 11/13/2012 1:45:13 PM
Kid Icarus, I bought Uprising as an impulse buy, don't like the controls and I especially don't like the dialogue.
Was never into Kirby and recently added Zelda into my list.
Oh, and all DotA clones and DotA itself.
#18halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/13/2012 1:45:32 PM
I've never cared for 3D Zelda or Metroid.

I acknowledge that they may be well made, but they just arent fun IMO.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#19hypermoePosted 11/13/2012 1:46:06 PM
Gamewise i dont get the appeal for TWEWY. I tried at least 2-3 times to get into, but i cant. People are prasing it as if its the greatest game of all time and i dont get it. The characters are uninteresting, the story in general is unoriginal, and bland.
I would say though i wouldnt mind a squel or some sorts that actually was interesting enough for me to play.

Sports games. I mean i dont really see why you would play a game rather than going out and actually doing it. Dont get me wrong though sports games like fighting, driving things you cant normally do is understandable, but things like soccer, football, baseball, basketball i guess i would rather go and play the than spend 40-60 dollars when i go out and play it for free.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#20jackorhoadsPosted 11/13/2012 1:47:18 PM
GTA, I respect people opinions on it but it just doesn't appeal to me.
---
Gamefaqs: Where 14 year olds make fun of 13 year olds for acting like 12 year olds
psn - jacksonrr < feel free to add :)