Are there any popular/beloved games that you just can't stand?

#31DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 1:16:40 PM
Also any 3D Zelda not named Wind Waker.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#32KroganBallEaterPosted 11/13/2012 1:21:41 PM
I found Skyward Sword absolutely horrid.
#33Balthor 2001Posted 11/13/2012 1:27:05 PM
GigantLuffy posted...
I also can't stomach the Tales of series with the exception of Vesperia and Legendia.

Wow, most "Tales of" fans would crucify you for liking that last one. Sure the localization was half-assed and the enemies could have stood to be not as cheap as an SNK boss, but otherwise it was a pretty good game.

As for me, I just can't stand most modern shooters (CoD, MoH, et al). If FPS's do have to be top dog could we at least get stuff as interesting as the original Doom, Turok: Dinosaur Hunter, or Wolfenstein 3D? At least Bioshock provides a little hope that there's still some creativity out there.

Also, Fire Emblem is a series that while I have tried to enjoy it. I simply can't stand its X uses of Y equipment mechanic and consequently just can't get into the games.
---
Pi is awesome, Pi is great, Pi does not end, pie for everyone!
Official Drill Arm of the Kid Icarus Uprising Board
#34ClawiLewakPosted 11/13/2012 1:31:34 PM
I just can't get into FInal Fantasy. I've tried so many times now. Across many different games and many different spin offs. I admit I preferred the earlier ones. But I still didn't like them.

Kingdom hearts is one of those games that I love the look of. And REALLY want to play, but I just can't get into it. I might play for 30 minutes. An hour tops then put it away and never see it again.

I'm starting to get tired of any game that releases yearly sequels as well, no matter how much I like the previous titles I think releasing one in 12 months is just trying to bore us with it.
#35P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/13/2012 1:32:45 PM
God of War
Assassin's Creed
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#36DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/13/2012 1:46:28 PM(edited)
The Witcher series. The Halo games are pretty bland, too.
Gears of War, too.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
#37Enigma149Posted 11/13/2012 1:44:50 PM(edited)
Yes, many (just listing these as they come to me):

Grand Theft Auto series (except the first game)
The Elder Scrolls series
Zelda Oracle games
Kirby series (except for Kirby Air Ride)
Little Big Planet series
Final Fantasies VII and onward (essentially, all the 3D ones)
Cave Story
T.W.E.W.Y.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare series (also, I hate the Zombie modes in every Call of Duty game with one)

*edit*
thought of some more:

Tony Hawk Pro Skater (except 4)
Shenmue
Mother 1 (EarthBound and Mother 3 are excellent, though)
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#38New LinkPosted 11/13/2012 1:39:06 PM
CoD is the big one that comes to mind. I actually normally enjoy Activision games, I loved Tony Hawk Pro Skater (the first few, after a while they took it too far) and the Guitar Hero games (which were milked a bit dry) but I couldn't get into CoD at all. I'm sure I'd get more enjoyment out of it if I were playing on PC with Auto Aim turned off, but the whole "hit left trigger for a headshot" gameplay of the series just kinda killed it for me very early on, and none of the subsequent titles have fixed that. Hell they did the same thing to Goldeneye in the remake, which killed the game. I loved the original, but the remake was really just CoD in a goldeneye skin... Then again there's always RE6 which seems to be taking far too much from CoD.

So... I basically hate CoD's gameplay and its effect it's had on other games.
---
-SNES- Hasta Pasta!
Sieh nur wie ich laufen kann... Mich fängst du nicht, ich bin der Lebkuchenmann!
#39Prince ShondronaiPosted 11/13/2012 1:43:12 PM
Metal Gear Solid. Stealth games in general fail to entertain me, but MGS couples the genre with hours and hours of storytelling that bore me to tears.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#40LinkMaster2703Posted 11/13/2012 1:45:13 PM
Halo
Call of Duty
Gears of War
Pretty much any Rockstar game.
Assassin's Creed is okay, but its grossly overrated.
---
Currently Playing: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/C_Dalke.png