Are there any popular/beloved games that you just can't stand?

#51759SilverPosted 11/13/2012 5:37:16 PM
Call of Duty and Halo
---
404 Logic not found
Please try again later
#52SorvPosted 11/13/2012 5:43:03 PM
I tend to be pretty polarizing when it comes to this sort of thing, so...

Shadow of the Colossus (great visual direction, but gameplay is not my thing at all)

FFVII (favorites are IV and IX; just never found VII to be that great, besides being the first "3D" FF; it's aged terribly, too)

Tales of Vesperia/Graces F (I prefer the 2D older ones, like Phantasia and Rebirth,
Legendia and Symphonia (1st one) were good though)

CoD (not a big fan of shooters to begin with but when I play some, I avoid the more "realistic" ones like the plague and go for fantasy, like Bioshock)

Mass Effect (2 and 3; original was great before they turned it into a boring role-playing shooter instead of an RPG with some shooter mechanics)

and finally, Assassin's Creed (like SoTC, I like the concept/artistic direction but I just don't like the gameplay)
---
---
My page on the best site ever for music freaks: http://rateyourmusic.com/~Razor45
#53afrodude77Posted 11/13/2012 5:52:50 PM
Madden
---
We are the Lin Kuei, more stealthy than the night, more deadly than the dawn!
---
#54taito2000Posted 11/13/2012 6:10:51 PM
Assassin's Creed. After hating the first, I was assured that the second game made the kind of improvements that Uncharted had from the first game to the second, but I hated the second even more than the first.

The Witcher 2. I hated this game because going around the map in Vergen was so awful, and so many spots aren't clearly marked that I ended up randomly entering buildings hoping I'd found the right one. I gave up after that.

Dishonored. I tried to play stealth in this game, but the stealth mechanics are horribly inconsistent, so I'd have no choice but to kill people in spots that I'd reloaded after being spotted.
---
"His name sounds like a name for a woman's monthly visitor" - Ryan Mac on The Amazing Red
#55Dragongod165Posted 11/13/2012 6:11:49 PM
Monster Hunter
---
"So it's a game of betrayal, then...?"
#56moogle69Posted 11/13/2012 6:17:36 PM
Halo/COD

other than those Persona (but then again this is mostly in gamefaqs lol)
---
3DS FC 5370 - 0690 - 8871
PSN coming soon
#57Megabest39Posted 11/13/2012 6:20:16 PM
Final Fantasy & Monsterhunter
---
Wii U, New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U), and hopefully Call of Duty: Black ops 2 (Wii U). Ouch, my wallet hurt'n
#58JMC611Posted 11/13/2012 6:23:37 PM
Earthbound/Mother.
I seriously don't get why people like those games. The ending isn't that sad and Gigyas is just a stupid background.
#59PHEEliNUXPosted 11/13/2012 6:39:04 PM
CoD

FF

Pokemon (i liked the older ones but it became s*** with Black and White, only judging from the looks, btw)

Super Mario in general (i only liked Galaxy and the first Super Mario Bros., 90% of Mario games only have different stages,background and power ups, it is basically the same thing done over and over )

GTA it was fun when i first played it but now... no just no

God of War (didn't play it but it looks lame)

WoW (I bought it, couldn't play it for longer than 2 hours before i got bored and it doesn't worth paying for)

I could think of more but meh

JMC611 posted...
Earthbound/Mother.
I seriously don't get why people like those games. The ending isn't that sad and Gigyas is just a stupid background.

I Agree that it is overrated (tried playing 1~2 hours of it but couldn't stand it) but i enjoyed watching a let's play of it
#60ssbmrocksPosted 11/13/2012 6:47:28 PM
Realistic sports games, realistic shooters, the Elder Scrolls series... basically most western games (excluding anything made by Valve).
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.