How can the Wii U possibly compete with the PS4's graphics?

#101anon_firePosted 11/16/2012 10:16:03 AM
fuzi11 posted...
has anyone actually seen graphics produced by the PS4? Has anyone actually seen A PS4?

^ This

Where did you guys see PS4 graphics, where is the PS4?
#102DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/16/2012 10:49:10 AM
anon_fire posted...
fuzi11 posted...
has anyone actually seen graphics produced by the PS4? Has anyone actually seen A PS4?

^ This

It's launching early 2014, and games generally look a bit worse than on mid-range gaming PC from late 2011/early 2012.
MSRP is $300 for 160GB and $350 for 320GB. All models come with a 8gb flash pool for caching/OS. System has 3GB of RAM. The horrible APU rumors were true. Essentially, it has two A10s stuck together.

Nextbox released shortly before it, and manages to keep up with midrange gaming hardware of late 2013. Dedicated Radeon 8770-based GPU(similar to 7850-7870 performance). Had a 6-core multithreaded CPU. MSRP is $350 with 6 months of XBL and a 120gb HDD, or $450 with a year of XBL, 2000 MS points, and a 360gb HDD. Next year, a $500 model will hit with a 500gb hdd, 18 months of XBL, and comes with some digital exclusives for your avatar. Other models are expected to drop to $400 and $300 at this time.
Has 6GB of ram, 10gb of HDD space reserved for caching.

Wii U is having some problems with ports more because it has no cache space than because it's behind in specs, so games have to stream from the slow disk or USB harddrive.

Most popular online console game is Arma Lite, a more streamlined version of the Arma series from PC, with simplified controls and mechanics. It's the major system seller for the nextbox, as the PS4 version is barely playable, and Wii U didn't even get it.

Of course, this might not happen now since I traveled back in time to let you all know, and potentially altered history.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#103JonnyBigBossPosted 11/16/2012 11:02:03 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
The PS4 is going to be much more powerful than the Wii U. Lets compare them.

PS4:
CPU: AMD A10 APU
GPU: A10(7660D) + AMD Radeon HD 6670

Wii U
CPU: Some IBM chip
GPU: AMD Radeon E6760 (supposedly)

Since the Wii U's CPU has no benchmarks, lets compare the GPUs. I'll be using videocardbenchmark.net

PS4's GPU has a score of 1133. Wii U's GPU has a score of 873.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7660D+%2B+6670+Dual&id=2249

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+E6760&id=251

The PS4 clearly has the advantage, scoring a whopping 260 points higher. Supposedly, the PS4 will be $400. So why would anyone buy a Wii U when the PS4 will beat it's GPU by 260 points and only cost $100 more. You'll be getting an extra 130 for free with the PS4.

The Wii U will be ancient tech next year when the graphical powerhouse PS4 is released. It's clear that if you want games with good graphics, the only choice is PS4.

I have a gaming PC that gets me my hardcore fix. Wii U is for entertainment and exclusives. Also, the gamepad creates for different experiences.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
#104darknight06Posted 11/16/2012 11:13:58 AM
If I want to be that big of a nut on graphics, I'll wait a couple more years and build a new PC with all the modern parts in it and blow anything that consoles will ever be doing anytime in the next 6 years. My PC as it is is already stronger than PS3/360 by a good margin and is probably stronger than WiiU as well, so looking for a console for fancy graphics IMO is moot.

Besides, can a lot of companies even afford another OMG HD generation? I don't think so. If they try, expect to see even more mergers and development studios blowing up.

It's about time everyone, gamers, developers, and console makers, start getting their priorities straight before it's too late and the whole thing goes belly up. It happened before, it can happen again.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#105Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/17/2012 6:24:22 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
I have a gaming PC that gets me my hardcore fix. Wii U is for entertainment and exclusives. Also, the gamepad creates for different experiences.

So in other word Nintendo is always nothing special.
#106anon_firePosted 11/17/2012 6:16:35 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
anon_fire posted...
fuzi11 posted...

^ This

It's launching early 2014, and games generally look a bit worse than on mid-range gaming PC from late 2011/early 2012.
MSRP is $300 for 160GB and $350 for 320GB. All models come with a 8gb flash pool for caching/OS. System has 3GB of RAM. The horrible APU rumors were true. Essentially, it has two A10s stuck together.

Nextbox released shortly before it, and manages to keep up with midrange gaming hardware of late 2013. Dedicated Radeon 8770-based GPU(similar to 7850-7870 performance). Had a 6-core multithreaded CPU. MSRP is $350 with 6 months of XBL and a 120gb HDD, or $450 with a year of XBL, 2000 MS points, and a 360gb HDD. Next year, a $500 model will hit with a 500gb hdd, 18 months of XBL, and comes with some digital exclusives for your avatar. Other models are expected to drop to $400 and $300 at this time.
Has 6GB of ram, 10gb of HDD space reserved for caching.

Wii U is having some problems with ports more because it has no cache space than because it's behind in specs, so games have to stream from the slow disk or USB harddrive.

Most popular online console game is Arma Lite, a more streamlined version of the Arma series from PC, with simplified controls and mechanics. It's the major system seller for the nextbox, as the PS4 version is barely playable, and Wii U didn't even get it.

Of course, this might not happen now since I traveled back in time to let you all know, and potentially altered history.

Oh give me a break, you really believe that Sony/Microsoft's next console will have these specs?
#107wolverinerob79Posted 11/17/2012 6:19:06 PM
Wow, that's the PS4 specs? I need to go troll the PS4 board...my computer has higher specs than that. Heck, my laptop has higher specs.

The short answer to your obviously trolling question is that it's not. The games are what make the systems. I didn't buy a game besides LBP for the PS3 (I really only bought it for BD) as I didn't see a game worth it.
#108Hawke0Posted 11/17/2012 6:21:36 PM
MrUntouchable18 posted...
DreDayy posted...
no console will ever be a graphics powerhouse, play the one with the games you enjoy.

I like you sir using your logic and such....

---
C2 FC: 0562-2516-9316
"Red Steel 2 is not a sword fighting simulator, it is a badass simulator."-Sean Colleli
#109Urizen5Posted 11/17/2012 6:31:02 PM
Who in the hell is getting the Wii U for graphical power anyway? Why would you even compare a system that will be 1-2 years behind the other ones coming out?

Making a argument about graphics for a modern Nintendo console is pointless. Obviously nintendo has not made that a point for their console. They are the Walmart of the gaming industry. They have good products that are cheaper than everyone else so they can have access to a much larger demographic.

People arguing against the graphics are simply trolls, and those defending that the graphics are better or equal are simply suckers falling for the flamebait. Point is it doesn't matter, Games are not/should not be defined by graphical power. I for one prefer, say Zelda Windwaker over something like Crysis.
---
PSN-AlphaRooster
#110Megagunstarman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 8:35:04 AM
Chargrilled posted...
I don't even like nintendo and know sony makes garbage.

The better question is how are consoles gonna compete when pc gaming resurges

wasnt that s'posed to happen 10 years ago?

pc = all dressed up with few places to go.

Yup. Good PCs cost like $5000 and they will have worst graphics then next gen systems because of optimization. So why would any self respecting dev spend all the time to reengineer their PS4 game that runs on the A10 and get it to run on a PC architecture? The short answer is, they wont because their is no market for PC games. That's why PC doesn't get any 3rd party games.

Like you said, all dressed up with few places to go.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11