How can the Wii U possibly compete with the PS4's graphics?

#31DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/13/2012 5:08:00 PM
It's one crappy GPU and a slightly better GPU vs one crappy GPU that's slightly better than the crappy GPU, but slightly worse than the slightly better GPU.
It's not going to matter much either way. Those specs would put them within the same general range of "power". Like PS2 vs GameCube, or GameCube vs Xbox. Probably not even.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#32NettoSaitoPosted 11/13/2012 5:09:57 PM
Well, the thing is...

Nintendo goes for 5-6 year consoles, MS and Sony go for 10 year consoles (starting with this gen according to them). Even though the Wii U can't compare to what the PS4/720 will be like, that doesn't mean Nintendo wont have another console to complete with them.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#33fawfulmark2Posted 11/13/2012 5:10:12 PM
seeing as Nintendo didn't really give a f*** with the DS, Wii, and 3DS....I'm gonna guess they aren't really gonna give a f***.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#34FlyinTonitePosted 11/13/2012 6:08:05 PM
For a "real next gen console" ps4s rumored specs are very poor compared to what a mid grade pc can do.
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd
#35acdcman07Posted 11/13/2012 6:15:55 PM
If you care for graphics, stop being a cheap ***** and get a pc that will blow all the consoles out of the water. Till you man up and do that, the Wii-U will be as good as the PS4/720.
#36lucapitPosted 11/13/2012 6:25:02 PM
I prefer gameplay over graphics...to a certain extent..anyway i still will choose wii u
---
"A penny saved is a penny earned".. (brawl code:0302 4058 6830).....( pokemon black:4555 9527 2461) PSN-
mang-ekoo Pokemon platinum (1893 8653 6911)
#37megax11Posted 11/13/2012 6:27:02 PM
Wii U doesn't need to compete with that. You will pay out of the butt for that, and Sony certainly won't sell the PS4 at a loss, because they're already losing money day in and day out.

Specs mean nothing to me, only good gameplay. When your favorite corporation you play fanboy to, TC, ruins themselves, don't go crying because you decided to play corporate loyaltist.

Real gamers appreciate ALL gaming systems and games, not graphics and the systems that play said games. Those are wannabe gamers. :)
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1327 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28
#38ElectricMolePosted 11/13/2012 6:29:19 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...

This is completely irrelevant because Sony's plummeting credit rating prevents them from developing a new console.

Please be here around this time next year so I can rub the ps4's existence all over your face.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#39Rickoon5Posted 11/13/2012 6:35:40 PM
megax11 posted...
Wii U doesn't need to compete with that. You will pay out of the butt for that, and Sony certainly won't sell the PS4 at a loss, because they're already losing money day in and day out.

Specs mean nothing to me, only good gameplay. When your favorite corporation you play fanboy to, TC, ruins themselves, don't go crying because you decided to play corporate loyaltist.

Real gamers appreciate ALL gaming systems and games, not graphics and the systems that play said games. Those are wannabe gamers. :)

The man is right.

And graphics are getting EXPENSIVE. Even if Sony makes superior specs they're going to have to pay for it. People are complaining about WiiU being limited and Nintendo is starting off selling it at a loss! Imagine what kind of loss Sony would incur. Plus more graphics means more cost for Devs too, which ostracizes everything except the annual rehashed COD.

Plus
-Like people keep saying: Consoles will NEVER be up to PC standards (imagine having to pay $2000 for a console).
-Vita is totally doing fantastic with it's better graphics...wait...
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#40ElectricMolePosted 11/13/2012 6:42:19 PM
Rickoon5 posted...

-Vita is totally doing fantastic with it's better graphics...wait...

Vita's failing has more to do with it being too much like a console experience. Studios would rather make a game for a console with an established user base if the handheld is console like. Thats the vita's dilemma.

Plus

Better hardware supports expensive as well as low-budget projects. If you owned a 360 or ps3, you should know this by now.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!