How can the Wii U possibly compete with the PS4's graphics?

#61Scisor50Posted 11/13/2012 8:45:16 PM
I'm mainly a PC gamer, but I always get nintendo consoles because they're usually the ones that are actually different. No Dead Space in Wii? Big deal, I got it in PC. No Last Story for PC? Big deal, I got a Wii. Same thing will be for Wii U.
---
Now, who exactly said Fallout 3 was for kids?
"Only idiots answer a question with another question"
#62ColorfulColorsPosted 11/13/2012 8:46:22 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
Once the Atari Puma comes out every other console will be doomed

Do you mind if i use that as my sig?
---
Appearently to Linetrix, I'm a female raging kid who can't speak English but can speak English. Riiiiiiight. sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
#63SpillardPosted 11/13/2012 8:49:59 PM
The Wii U is going to be fun.
---
If I go to work, who's going to play all my games?
#64DarkSoldierX99Posted 11/13/2012 9:05:56 PM
Sylar100 posted...
evecharmeve posted...
Lost7th posted...
Same way the Wii did

By Nintendo fans putting their fingers in their ears going LALALALLALGRAPHICSDONTMATTERLALALA" and happily given their money away for out of date tech

I just watched 800 people walk into a gamestop and buy a game that is about the same every year with almost no innovation and millions more will around the world. I don't think nintendo fans are the problem.

NSMB Wii U is out?

You really wanna go there? Lets see 2d Mario games and the years they were released in:
New Super Mario Bros Wiiu 2012
New Super Mario Bros 2 2012 ok this one is fine because it is the first time this happened, and lets face it of CoD could make it on portables we'd average 3 games a year.
New Super Mario Bros wii 2009
New Super Mario Bros 2006
The next one would be.....oh yeah it's been that long Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island 1995 yeah clearly every year you jackass.

Cod is
Cod 2 2005
Cod 3 2006
Cod 4 2007
WaW 2008
MW2 2009
Blops 2010
MW3 2011
Blops 2 2012

Pretty sure I made my point.
---
Gas, grass, or ass nobody rides free.
#65Foxxie_kunPosted 11/13/2012 9:06:15 PM
Graphics aren't everything, you know. Some great games held up to the test of time despite their dated graphics. FF7 for some reason is still considered the best final fantasy by those who were born too late to appreciate 1-6, and its characters looked like lego bricks with odd shapes.

Then there are astonishingly beautiful "tech demos" like Crysis (Runs like crap, but the slideshow for the first year after release looked like tropical postcards until people could run it without the FPS dives), which played like almost any other shooter with the addition of the modular nanosuit.

I don't really look at raw graphics, I look at style and substance. Borderlands 2 and Dishonored have very stylized graphics that are beautiful, but not because they strive to be photorealistic. Then there's your typical "Modern Military Shooter" or "Spunkgargleweewee" as yahtzee put it, that focuses on dull browns, bloody screen (So real!), and blinding bloom effects.

Innovation and blending genres are what need to be done for any company, not just Sony or Nintendo, looking to keep going strong in the future. It's a wonder why they've not realized this since indie titles are regularly hailed as outstanding for originality and fun-factor, whilst big AAA titles like Diablo 3 and such are shot down hard by newcomers and long-time fans alike for a distinct lack of innovation and quality.

In short, don't buy for graphics, you'll only encourage more graphically impressive bore-fests by paying through the nose for them. Your wallet is the only vote or petition these companies will listen to, so buy for the fun-factor and lasting appeal of the titles, not the console's graphical power.
---
Want a great site for trainers and cheats for PC games?
Try the cheat happens website.
#66EvenglarePosted 11/13/2012 9:08:33 PM
People still care about graphics?
---
The Game. When you think about the game you lose the game. You just lost the game. Welcome to the game.
#67sockroxPosted 11/13/2012 9:10:44 PM
I think foxxie wins.
#68Bowser_GuyPosted 11/13/2012 9:29:43 PM
Why all the 25 year old jackasses say that the best console is the SNES because of games and then say that Wii U won't be good because it has less power.

That's your wake up call, you are contradicting yourselves, do something.

A majority of people who played both Xenoblade Chronicles and Skyrim said that the sidequests and story in Xenoblade Chronicles, are better than Skyrim's. Xenoblade being a FFX graphically.

These people = Hardcore games(4th gen) ---> Casual Gamers(6th gen) ---> Graphic Whores(Now). It's sad, really.
---
Wii Number=6122 6873 2049 8144
#69JKatarnPosted 11/13/2012 10:20:12 PM
Foxxie_kun posted...
Graphics aren't everything, you know. Some great games held up to the test of time despite their dated graphics. FF7 for some reason is still considered the best final fantasy by those who were born too late to appreciate 1-6, and its characters looked like lego bricks with odd shapes.

Then there are astonishingly beautiful "tech demos" like Crysis (Runs like crap, but the slideshow for the first year after release looked like tropical postcards until people could run it without the FPS dives), which played like almost any other shooter with the addition of the modular nanosuit.

I don't really look at raw graphics, I look at style and substance. Borderlands 2 and Dishonored have very stylized graphics that are beautiful, but not because they strive to be photorealistic. Then there's your typical "Modern Military Shooter" or "Spunkgargleweewee" as yahtzee put it, that focuses on dull browns, bloody screen (So real!), and blinding bloom effects.

Innovation and blending genres are what need to be done for any company, not just Sony or Nintendo, looking to keep going strong in the future. It's a wonder why they've not realized this since indie titles are regularly hailed as outstanding for originality and fun-factor, whilst big AAA titles like Diablo 3 and such are shot down hard by newcomers and long-time fans alike for a distinct lack of innovation and quality.

In short, don't buy for graphics, you'll only encourage more graphically impressive bore-fests by paying through the nose for them. Your wallet is the only vote or petition these companies will listen to, so buy for the fun-factor and lasting appeal of the titles, not the console's graphical power.

I don't think you played Crysis very much if you think it plays "just like any other shooter" - the game required fairly precise shooting and was very open ended, enabling the player to approach combat any way they liked vs. the linear ferrying of the campaign of titles like Halo and CoD.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#70FaendrylPosted 11/13/2012 11:14:34 PM
Fighting over console specs? O_o hahaha
---
E8400@4.41GHz | DFI LP LT X38 | G.Skill 4GB | MSI R7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC | Corsair TX750W | Cosmos S
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=907670