How can the Wii U possibly compete with the PS4's graphics?

#71sockroxPosted 11/14/2012 5:28:56 AM
Not to start an argument, but Crisis really WAS just another shooter. Yes, it had some different stuff.. but.. its really the same concept. Just approached a little differently.
#72nonexistingheroPosted 11/14/2012 5:38:11 AM
260 points higher with that kind of amount... I hope you do realize that the numbers would state that the PS4 is only about 25% more powerful than the Wii U, right? And that would be kinda sad, since I'm pretty much expecting 50% more powerful at minimum, but around 100-150% more powerful as being the most likely. And that still wouldn't be enough for a really significant graphical difference.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#73Baha05Posted 11/14/2012 5:49:41 AM
Not to mention graphically isn't going to matter anymore. At this point graphics fir games are fine and the next graphical step would be more games that look like real life. What SHOULD matter is processing power to push the boundaries of games to the point where there are fewer limitations on what a game engine can do.
---
"Not really just shows how stupid everyone in that universe is. I know instead of just snipping these terrorists lets risk an apocalypse durp"
#74kyomagiPosted 11/14/2012 6:13:30 AM
Ya but neither will ever beat my PC. So there.

But remind me, when is the ps3 coming out again? Not anytime soon, sony has to worry about a certain handheld and keep that thing from dying.
---
Magistarkyo - PSN; kyoakuma - 360, 3DS FC - 4339 2637 1918
#75Rasputin77Posted 11/14/2012 6:21:52 AM
Twilightbane posted...
Whose time machine you've taken??! Wait then the world didn't end then. Whoopie!!!

Whoa, slow down, bucko... you're forgetting... alternate universes. =(
---
"Hyperactive kids yammering on about "trolls" WAY more than actual troll posts made." - Wii U board, 11/18/12-12/2/12
#76JKatarnPosted 11/14/2012 10:47:45 AM
Baha05 posted...
Not to mention graphically isn't going to matter anymore. At this point graphics fir games are fine and the next graphical step would be more games that look like real life. What SHOULD matter is processing power to push the boundaries of games to the point where there are fewer limitations on what a game engine can do.

There's still a lot that can be done to improve graphics in games, and the median power of consoles/PC GPUs is really the main limiting factor for game engines right now - sure, we could always use more CPU power, but VRAM/fillrate etc. will ultimately always limit how many objects can be onscreen at one time etc.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 460 Superclocked
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#77fawfulmark2Posted 11/14/2012 11:07:23 AM
ElectricMole posted...
Rickoon5 posted...

-Vita is totally doing fantastic with it's better graphics...wait...

Vita's failing has more to do with it being too much like a console experience. Studios would rather make a game for a console with an established user base if the handheld is console like. Thats the vita's dilemma.

Plus

Better hardware supports expensive as well as low-budget projects. If you owned a 360 or ps3, you should know this by now.

it's also because they don't have a major hook this time around.

with the PSP, they were walking in from the wildly successful PS2 and pretty much didn't watch what Nintendo was doing(even claiming in interviews hat they considered the iPod it's rival). Bcause of this,it sold many units due to being marketed as a musical device moreso then a game(though the GTA games, the GOW games, and Monster Hunter Hunter series helped sales as well.)

however this time around,they are marketing the PSV as a new generation gaming device, but now not any other hooks like before, actually going against Apple this time as well as Nintendo, and not having the Monster Hunter series backing them up. So yeah, they be hurting now.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#78MichaelDeAngeloPosted 11/14/2012 11:16:25 AM
It can't, but when has that ever been a problem? While Nintendo raked in cash hand over fist last generation, Sony lost it. If Sony keeps going at gaming the way it currently is, they're won't ever be a PS5.
---
Alundra is the best top-down Zelda game since Link to the Past.
Darksiders is the best 3D Zelda game since Ocarina of Time.
#79gumbyxcore99Posted 11/14/2012 11:17:50 AM
vita has the best hardware in the handheld market and look how well it's doing
#80MelkacPosted 11/14/2012 11:21:29 AM
How can the PS4 possibly compete with the Wii U's sales?

:yaoming:
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyhMT138BHo&feature=g-vrec