How can the Wii U possibly compete with the PS4's graphics?

#91fuzi11Posted 11/15/2012 9:34:15 AM
has anyone actually seen graphics produced by the PS4? Has anyone actually seen A PS4?
#92Emerald_MeliosPosted 11/15/2012 5:30:33 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
ChipChipperson posted...
If you want a graphical powerhouse, buy a PC.

The PS4 will destroy PC graphics because of something called optimization. So even if a PC will have marginally better specs, PS4 will have better graphics.

What does it matter if it has better graphics? I still say they reached their optimal peak with PS2/GCN/Wii.

The Wii U supports HD now. Nothing more is needed now in terms of graphical support. I wish everyone on this site would shut the hell up about meaningless graphics wars.
#93youngbroPosted 11/15/2012 5:37:02 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
The PS4 is going to be much more powerful than the Wii U. Lets compare them.

PS4:
CPU: AMD A10 APU
GPU: A10(7660D) + AMD Radeon HD 6670

Wii U
CPU: Some IBM chip
GPU: AMD Radeon E6760 (supposedly)

Since the Wii U's CPU has no benchmarks, lets compare the GPUs. I'll be using videocardbenchmark.net

PS4's GPU has a score of 1133. Wii U's GPU has a score of 873.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7660D+%2B+6670+Dual&id=2249

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+E6760&id=251

The PS4 clearly has the advantage, scoring a whopping 260 points higher. Supposedly, the PS4 will be $400. So why would anyone buy a Wii U when the PS4 will beat it's GPU by 260 points and only cost $100 more. You'll be getting an extra 130 for free with the PS4.

The Wii U will be ancient tech next year when the graphical powerhouse PS4 is released. It's clear that if you want games with good graphics, the only choice is PS4.

because the WiiU will sell and Sony will lose more money because they overdo things hardware wise.

Sony keeps trying to go with the logic of best hardware > what people want it for. (to play games), look at the Vita theres alot fo things in it that it doesnt even need or use, and their losing money because of it
---
Darkness is power. Offer your soul or I will Izuna Drop you
PSN and XBL - TheSchwarr
#94yoshiyo187Posted 11/15/2012 5:47:20 PM
Ya'll mutha****as got tricked hard
---
http://i.imgur.com/baKOZ.jpg
#95Megagunstarman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 9:14:47 AM
megax11 posted...
Specs mean nothing to me, only good gameplay.

Specs make good gameplay possible. You won't be able to achieve good gameplay with the Wii U because of it's poor specs.

The PS4 on the other hand will deliver great gameplay because of the 6670 it has.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#96BufkusPosted 11/16/2012 9:18:41 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
The PS4 is going to be much more powerful than the Wii U. Lets compare them.

PS4:
CPU: AMD A10 APU
GPU: A10(7660D) + AMD Radeon HD 6670

Wii U
CPU: Some IBM chip
GPU: AMD Radeon E6760 (supposedly)

Since the Wii U's CPU has no benchmarks, lets compare the GPUs. I'll be using videocardbenchmark.net

PS4's GPU has a score of 1133. Wii U's GPU has a score of 873.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+HD+7660D+%2B+6670+Dual&id=2249

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon+E6760&id=251

The PS4 clearly has the advantage, scoring a whopping 260 points higher. Supposedly, the PS4 will be $400. So why would anyone buy a Wii U when the PS4 will beat it's GPU by 260 points and only cost $100 more. You'll be getting an extra 130 for free with the PS4.

The Wii U will be ancient tech next year when the graphical powerhouse PS4 is released. It's clear that if you want games with good graphics, the only choice is PS4.

If you already knew the answer to your question then why did you bother to ask it?
#97imameliaPosted 11/16/2012 9:21:24 AM
Megagunstarman posted...
megax11 posted...
Specs mean nothing to me, only good gameplay.

Specs make good gameplay possible. You won't be able to achieve good gameplay with the Wii U because of it's poor specs.

The PS4 on the other hand will deliver great gameplay because of the 6670 it has.

Wait...

What...

...just...

...what.

How did we survive the first 7 generations of consoles?
#98BufkusPosted 11/16/2012 9:23:39 AM
GodReborn posted...
the graphics argument for y a system is better is getting old. invest in or build a gaming-quality pc. if graphics r ur primary motivation for gaming, u'd be much better off with a pc otherwise ur being hypocritical. if gamers want the best graphics, they'd better be willing to pay for it. personally, graphics is the reason y the console gaming industry will die 'cause most gamers now want uber-power but don't want to pay for it.

Pretty much this.

If all you care about is graphics then there is absolutely no reason to get a 720/PS4 when the same games will be available on the PC with customizable settings that will let you experience them better than they are on the consoles.
#99Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/16/2012 9:29:32 AM
This is impossible for Wii U to take it, Nintendo should cut their price fast and lay low about it as what they always did before.

Nintendo just don't have it in them.

Wii U should had been released SIX years ago.
#100GeneStarwindPosted 11/16/2012 10:10:12 AM(edited)
bond465 posted...
DreDayy posted...
no console will ever be a graphics powerhouse, play the one with the games you enjoy.

You can't honestly tell me you enjoy their launch games. Even like 3 months after its release nothing decent is coming out.

Wow, are you really hating on the Wii U launch titles? Wii U has one of if not the best launch lineup any console has had in a great long time.

Nobody even knows for sure what the hardware specs are on the Wii U. Nothing has even been revealed.
---
XBL GT - Invader Darko