NSMBU physics

#81KirbyIsAwesomePosted 11/13/2012 7:41:32 PM
From what I played, the physics are the same as NSMBW, but the controls are tighter.
---
DemonDog: "I'm not a fanboy"
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"
#82IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/13/2012 7:47:15 PM
From what I played, the physics are the same as NSMBW, but the controls are tighter.

At least they are improving on it slightly.

The whole engine needs to be scrapped.
#83nilesthebravePosted 11/13/2012 7:48:51 PM
I just like games and don't need to defend them or try to convince anyone to like them. I grew up on NES/SNES so I know what you're all talking about with the New series of games, but I don't get why they have to be compared to the old days when I think they're just as challenging as they always were. You just get 80 lives now and game overs don't really mean anything.

To me that's all that's really changed. I died a ton in Mario 3D land, probably more than I did in all of Super Mario World, I just had umptillion lives the entire time so I never felt that pressure of having to start over. It's a nice trade off in my opinion.
---
Anti-boner is a dangerous material. I isolated pure anti-boner and that is the reason why Germany has negative population growth.-Benamingaska
#84SkyCrackersPosted 11/13/2012 7:55:36 PM(edited)
I think the NSMBW physics were fine. Not quite as snappy as SMW, but completely serviceable. There's more than one way to do physics in a platformer. NSMBW is different from SMW is way different from DKCR, but each of them feels great to play.

Edit: How do you guys feel about the physics in the original SMB? There's a lot less air control and Mario feels weightier. I've heard people complain about them, but I like those physics too.
---
Mario vs. Donkey Kong is a hideously underrated game.
#85DTY3Posted 11/13/2012 8:33:50 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Mario and Sonic rely on physics just as much as eachother.

Lolno.

Physics in a Mario game are important, but nowhere near as unique orcritical as in Sonic.

SMB1 was still fun with it's crap physics.

Sonic 4 Ep:1 is not fun with it's crap physics.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#86IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/13/2012 8:38:23 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Mario and Sonic rely on physics just as much as eachother.

Lolno.

Physics in a Mario game are important, but nowhere near as unique orcritical as in Sonic.

SMB1 was still fun with it's crap physics.

Sonic 4 Ep:1 is not fun with it's crap physics.

If you say so champ/
#87sonicfanaticjtbPosted 11/13/2012 8:54:48 PM
I haven't read the entire topic (I just got home from work, so sue me ), but all this talk 'bout the New series having bad physics in comparison to the originals boggles my mind. I mean, the first New Super Mario Bros. was a bit fast from what I remember (been awhile since I played it ), and 2 did feel a bit weird to me, but New Super Mario Bros. Wii? Bad physics? Not to me. That game felt very good to me. I dunno if the physics are better or worse then, say, Super Mario World, but... Unless the physics in the Super Mario All Stars remake of the original, Lost Levels, and 3 were changed from the NES versions (I've played the NES ones, but not as often as Super Mario All Stars 'cause I actually owned that one ), I can say with a straight face that Wii has the better physics...

In fact, It's the original game (at least, the remake on All Stars ) that feels slippery... To me, at least...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#88squatch22Posted 11/13/2012 11:11:02 PM
Senor really hates other ppl having opinions. Lol
---
SoE posted: I'm not a being a rabid fanboy of one console when I ruthlessly defend the Vita
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png