Favorite game from every system that you have ever owned.

#11AxltheRedPosted 11/13/2012 9:52:01 PM
Nintendo Entertainment System- Mega Man 6
Sega Genesis- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Super Nintendo- Donkey Kong Country 2
Game Boy- Pokemon Red/Silver
Sega Game Gear- Sonic Chaos
Sega CD- Sonic CD
Sega 32X- Knuckles Chaotix
Sega Dreamcast- Sonic Adventure 2
Nintendo 64- Banjo-Kazooie
Playstation- Gex Enter the Gecko
Game boy Advance- Golden Sun
Nintendo Gamecube- The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker
Nintendo DS- Pokemon Black
Playstation 2- Kingdom Hearts 2
Sony PSP- Silent Hill Origins
Xbox- Halo 2(I dunno there was never alot that interested me)
Xbox 360- Sonic Generations
Playstation 3- Batman Arkham City/ MGS4
Nintendo Wii- The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
Nintendo 3DS- Super Mario 3D Land(From whats available so far)
---
Revolver Ocelot: The greatest gun ever created. The Colt Single Action Army.
#12overkillwfo1978(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:52:35 PM
spicyitalian739 posted...
overkillwfo1978 posted...
I gave up on that system early in it's life. I remember playing FF X and absolutely HATING it. I grew up on old school RPGs and when they changed the leveling system and made everything linear, I gtfo quick.

I gave up on RPGs for quite awhile. Also, I was not a fan of the beginning of the 3D era at all.

Forget FFX because it sucked, but did you every play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Persona 3 FES, or Persona 4? Persona 4 is my third favorite RPG of all time after Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

I've heard good things about Persona. Haven't heard of SMT:N. I have a *ahem* way of playing these on the thing that I am typing on right now that upscales these games to 1080p. Should I give Persona a run? Do you think it aged well?
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#13Pkshootout13Posted 11/13/2012 9:53:12 PM
Snes- super Mario rpg
N64- super smash bros
Genesis- doom
Saturn- panzer dragoon
Gamecube- smash bros melee
Ps2- nothing really sticks out for me...
Xbox- halo 2/star wars battlefront 2
Ps3- fifa 10
Xbox 360- dark souls
Wii- Mario kart
#14CreepGnomePosted 11/13/2012 9:54:31 PM
I have a *ahem* way of playing these on the thing that I am typing on right now that upscales these games to 1080p. Should I give Persona a run? Do you think it aged well?

PROTIP: You can talk about emulators on GFAQs. I'd recommend SMT:N over the Persona games, but that's just me.
---
Ma-shi-nuh, because there's no such thing as a "correct" way to pronounce things.-zero7717 on pronunciation of Machina
http://i.imgur.com/eJDEa.png
#15JDuBz_IVPosted 11/13/2012 9:55:45 PM
Atari 2600 - Pong
Commodore 64 - Pitfall
NES - Double Dragon
SNES - Super Street Fighter
N64 - Doom 64
PS1 - Gran Turismo
Dreamcast - Phantasy Star Online
PS2 - Socom , Gran Turismo 3
PS3 - Gran Turismo 5
Xbox 360 - Burnout: Paradise City
---
Wii U is the future
#16overkillwfo1978(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:56:15 PM
CreepGnome posted...
I have a *ahem* way of playing these on the thing that I am typing on right now that upscales these games to 1080p. Should I give Persona a run? Do you think it aged well?

PROTIP: You can talk about emulators on GFAQs.

Huh? I've always heard that you couldn't. Interesting.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#17NarutoPosted 11/13/2012 9:57:22 PM
GB: Dr. Mario
SFC: Super Street Fighter II
PSone: Metal Gear Solid
GBC: Pokemon Silver
PS2: Shadow of the Colossus
GBA: WarioWare
GC: Zelda Wind Waker
PSP: Dissidia 012
PS3: Uncharted 3
DS: The Last Window
Wii: Super Mario Galaxy
360: Bioshock
3DS: *shrug* I have plenty of 3DS games, but nothing I would call out as my favorite.
Vita: Shinobido 2
PC: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
#18spicyitalian739Posted 11/13/2012 10:01:00 PM
I gave up on that system early in it's life. I remember playing FF X and absolutely HATING it. I grew up on old school RPGs and when they changed the leveling system and made everything linear, I gtfo quick.

I gave up on RPGs for quite awhile. Also, I was not a fan of the beginning of the 3D era at all.

Forget FFX because it sucked, but did you every play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Persona 3 FES, or Persona 4? Persona 4 is my third favorite RPG of all time after Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

I've heard good things about Persona. Haven't heard of SMT:N. I have a *ahem* way of playing these on the thing that I am typing on right now that upscales these games to 1080p. Should I give Persona a run? Do you think it aged well?

Definitely play Persona 3 FES (the enhanced re-release) and Persona 4, in that order.

P3FES has a darker atmosphere with a slightly less refined game/battle system (but not bad at all, just play it first). Also, it's going to be HARD when you first start playing it. The game punishes you strongly for errors, but once you come up with a good battle strategy you'll blow through a boss that you thought impossible during the first fight.

Persona 4 has a greatly improved battle system, but doesn't seem as "dark" on the surface, because it's coated with a saccharine Japanese pop culture sheen, but don't let that turn you off. It's every bit as dark as P3FES when you get down to it, but it's also a little more tongue-in-cheek.

Atlus is truly the RPG powerhouse that Square used to be in their heyday. Their games are amazing, and some of the best hundreds of hours you'll ever spend gaming. :)
---
President of the CloudStrife630 fan club! I live only to serve you, my liege!
#19LinkMaster2703Posted 11/13/2012 10:02:53 PM
NES - Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES - The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
N64 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
GameCube - The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Playstation 2 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
Playstation 3 - Bioshock
Game Boy - Pokemon Yellow
Game Boy Color - Pokemon Gold
Game Boy Advance - Metroid Fusion
Nintendo DS - Pokemon Diamond
Nintendo 3DS - Super Mario 3D Land
PSP - Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Playstation Vita - Uncharted: Golden Abyss
---
Currently Playing: Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/C_Dalke.png
#20overkillwfo1978(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:07:16 PM

Definitely play Persona 3 FES (the enhanced re-release) and Persona 4, in that order.

P3FES has a darker atmosphere with a slightly less refined game/battle system (but not bad at all, just play it first). Also, it's going to be HARD when you first start playing it. The game punishes you strongly for errors, but once you come up with a good battle strategy you'll blow through a boss that you thought impossible during the first fight.

Persona 4 has a greatly improved battle system, but doesn't seem as "dark" on the surface, because it's coated with a saccharine Japanese pop culture sheen, but don't let that turn you off. It's every bit as dark as P3FES when you get down to it, but it's also a little more tongue-in-cheek.

Atlus is truly the RPG powerhouse that Square used to be in their heyday. Their games are amazing, and some of the best hundreds of hours you'll ever spend gaming. :)

P3 FES "undub" version inbound. Thx.
---