Favorite game from every system that you have ever owned.

#21DrDoomsdayPosted 11/13/2012 10:08:18 PM
ET for the Atari 2600
---
I play my WiiPS 360, and 3DSP
#22snae99Posted 11/13/2012 10:09:38 PM
NES - Mega Man 3
Sega Genesis- Sonic 3 and Knuckles
SNES - Mega Man X
Game Boy - Pokemon Red/Blue
Game Boy Color - Link's Awakening DX
Nintendo 64- Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask. Can't decide
Game boy Advance- Pokemon Emerald
Nintendo Gamecube- Metroid Prime
Nintendo DS - Pokemon White 1 and 2
Playstation 2- God of War 2
Sony PSP- Mega Man Powered Up
Xbox- Halo 2
Xbox 360 - Mass Effect
Playstation 3- God of War 3
Nintendo Wii - Metroid Prime Trilogy (if that doesn't count then Skyward Sword)
Nintendo 3DS - Mario Kart 7
PC - Team Fortress Classic
---
I should go.
#23spicyitalian739Posted 11/13/2012 10:14:02 PM(edited)
overkillwfo1978 posted...
spicyitalian739 posted...
spicyitalian739 posted...
I gave up on that system early in it's life. I remember playing FF X and absolutely HATING it. I grew up on old school RPGs and when they changed the leveling system and made everything linear, I gtfo quick.

I gave up on RPGs for quite awhile. Also, I was not a fan of the beginning of the 3D era at all.

Forget FFX because it sucked, but did you every play Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Persona 3 FES, or Persona 4? Persona 4 is my third favorite RPG of all time after Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger.

I've heard good things about Persona. Haven't heard of SMT:N. I have a *ahem* way of playing these on the thing that I am typing on right now that upscales these games to 1080p. Should I give Persona a run? Do you think it aged well?

Definitely play Persona 3 FES (the enhanced re-release) and Persona 4, in that order.

P3FES has a darker atmosphere with a slightly less refined game/battle system (but not bad at all, just play it first). Also, it's going to be HARD when you first start playing it. The game punishes you strongly for errors, but once you come up with a good battle strategy you'll blow through a boss that you thought impossible during the first fight.

Persona 4 has a greatly improved battle system, but doesn't seem as "dark" on the surface, because it's coated with a saccharine Japanese pop culture sheen, but don't let that turn you off. It's every bit as dark as P3FES when you get down to it, but it's also a little more tongue-in-cheek.

Atlus is truly the RPG powerhouse that Square used to be in their heyday. Their games are amazing, and some of the best hundreds of hours you'll ever spend gaming. :)

P3 FES "undub" version inbound. Thx.

No prob. Also, to be honest, Atlus does some of the best localizations in gaming, so you're good with undub or even the English. I tried both, and ended up just playing in English, even though I prefer Japanese with subs in most instances. One last thing for P3FES, make sure you play The Journey before The Answer. At any rate, enjoy!
---
President of the CloudStrife630 fan club! I live only to serve you, my liege!
#24sonicfanaticjtbPosted 11/13/2012 10:11:33 PM
Atari 2600 - 3 way tie between Centipede, Ms. Pac-man, and River Raid... Oh, and I can't forget Warlords. Breakout + Pong on Steroids? Yes please!
SNES - Zelda: A Link to the past. Easily my favorite game of all time.
Sega Genesis - Sonic 3 and Knuckles.
Gameboy Color - Pokémon Silver version
N64 - Star Fox 64
Gameboy Advance - Fire Emblem
Gamecube - Super Smash Bros. Melee
Wii - Super Smash Bros. Brawl or New Super Mario Bros. Wii... It's pretty tough to say... Oh, and I really liked Skyward Sword
DS - Must I choose? Before White 2, I'd maybe say Pokémon Platinum version, Apollo Justice, Trials and Tribulations, or Super Princess Peach... Now I have to add Pokémon White 2 to the equation as well? Ugh... To many awesome games that are so close in awesomeness x_x
3DS - Kinda tough to say right now. I'm gonna go with Ocarina of Time 3d for now. Ask me later when the 6th gen of pokémanz comes out... Or Smash 4...
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#25overkillwfo1978(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:14:47 PM(edited)
DrDoomsday posted...
ET for the Atari 2600

lol. I remember as a kid, in a room with my 3 cousins, playing this game for like 2 days straight. The whole 2 days revolved around us taking turns trying to figure out what to do and getting almost nowhere. I think I said " WTF?" more times in those 2 days than I have until now at age 34.
---
"Then we figured out that we could just park them in front of the tv, that's how I was raised, and I turned out tv"
#26thundercat2600Posted 11/13/2012 10:14:45 PM
snae99 posted...

Hell yes. I played the heck out of this game in college. My roommate even hosted a dedicated server for awhile (*sigh* sure was nice having a static IP address on my university's network).
#27P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/13/2012 10:26:32 PM
I'll just wing it. I don't have a crystal memory and I don't normally pick favorites.

Nintendo
NES: Super Mario Bros/ Punch Out
SNES: Super Mario World/ Link to the Past
N64: Super Mario 64/ Donkey Kong 64
GCN: Sonic Adventure 2B/ Smash Bros Melee
Wii: Smash Bros Brawl/ Resident Evil (all)
GB: Pokemon Red/ Donkey Kong
CBC: Wario Land 2
GBA: Mario&Luigi
DS: Sonic Rush (both)/ Mario 64DS
3DS: Kid Icarus/ Revelations/ DOA Dimensions

Sega
Genesis: Sonic 3&K/ Shinobi
Dreamcast: Illbleed/ Rival Schools
Gamegear: Shinobi

Microsoft
Xbox: Kung Fu Chaos/ Fable
360: Splatterhouse/ Armored Core 4A

Sony
PS1: Thousand Arms
PS2: DBZ Bodoukai Tenkaichi 3
PS3: (none)
PSP: Dissidia
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#28snae99Posted 11/13/2012 10:28:44 PM
thundercat2600 posted...
snae99 posted...

Hell yes. I played the heck out of this game in college. My roommate even hosted a dedicated server for awhile (*sigh* sure was nice having a static IP address on my university's network).

Well I'm 19 so you could imagine I played this game at a young age lol. I've had TFC since steam began I think, possibly even before that, don't remember. Still though, I was actually fairly decent and I got pretty damn good later on (I met some guy on there who "trained" me. He taught me how to bunny hop, conc jump, etc.)

So many good maps and a great community. I really miss that game, but it's sadly dead. TF2 is great and all but it doesn't have TFC's magic. So many times where I wish I could relive TFC's glory days.
---
I should go.
#29Balthor 2001Posted 11/13/2012 10:30:08 PM
NES: Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES: Chrono Trigger
Gameboy (brick): Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
Gameboy Colour: Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons
N64: This is actually a tie between Gauntlet Legends, Mischief Makers, and Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
Saturn: Tie between Dark Legend and Mr. Bones
Gamecube: This is pretty tricky but if I had to choose I guess Resident Evil 4 just comes a hair's breadth ahead of the competition
PS2: Two favourites from seperate genres; for action Devil May Cry 3 (original version that hands you your ass on a gold platter and asks if you would like seconds) whereas for RPGs I have to give props to Persona 4
Gameboy Advance: Megaman Zero 4
Wii: Fortune Street, just wish I had people to play it with
DS: Megaman Starforce 3
3DS: This one is subject to change but currently it's Pushmo
Wii U: Okay so technically I don't have it yet but next week I will barring any shipping problems. Besides, it's too early to tell, though Rayman Legends does seem like a safe bet
---
Pi is awesome, Pi is great, Pi does not end, pie for everyone!
Official Drill Arm of the Kid Icarus Uprising Board
#30Canas_RenvallPosted 11/13/2012 10:34:51 PM
Atari 2600 - ET! ...Just kidding. Never played one.
ColecoVision - Donkey Kong
NES - Super Mario Bros. 3
SNES - Super Mario All-Stars + SMW
Genesis - Earthworm Jim
N64 - Zelda: Ocarina of Time
PS1 - Syndicate Wars or Metal Gear Solid
Gamecube - Resident Evil Remake or PoP: Sands of Time
PS2 - Silent Hill 2
Xbox - TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
Wii - Metroid Prime Trilogy, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories or No More Heroes
Xbox 360 - Alan Wake
PS3 - Valkyria Chronicles or Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

Game Gear - Sonic 2
Gameboy - Pokemon Blue
Gameboy Color - Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Gameboy Advance - Golden Sun or Golden Sun: The Lost Age
DS - Pokemon HeartGold or Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia
3DS - Resident Evil: Revelations
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.