ZombiU multiplayer gameplay - Pop Up Demo

#61parkourboybryanPosted 11/14/2012 6:07:29 PM
Dead Island is just as much an FPS as Mirror's Edge. Just because a game is in first person and features guns, it doesn't make it an FPS. Dead Island is an RPG in First Person with slight shooting elements, just like Mirror's Edge is a Platformer in First Person with slight shooting elements.

This may be the only time I'll agree with Icecreamdunwich.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#62hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/14/2012 11:49:55 PM
parkourboybryan posted...
Dead Island is just as much an FPS as Mirror's Edge. Just because a game is in first person and features guns, it doesn't make it an FPS. Dead Island is an RPG in First Person with slight shooting elements, just like Mirror's Edge is a Platformer in First Person with slight shooting elements.

This may be the only time I'll agree with Icecreamdunwich.

I do not agree. Whereas Fallout 3 could easily be seen as an RPG with FPS elements, Dead Islands arcade action and twitch based shooting style makes it an action adventure with RPG elements. Fallout 3 has very "loose" FPShooting and also uses a lot of VATS, whereas DI is extremely tight. much more in the style of CS and other FPS games.

Stalker is another primarily FPS game with heavy RPG influences.
#63Jx1010Posted 11/15/2012 12:08:36 AM
What is the guy doing with the tablet controller in this video TC?
---
Charlie Sheen wins!
#64hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/15/2012 12:15:06 AM(edited)
Jx1010 posted...

I may be wrong, but it looks like one guy is playing the survivor on the main screen and the guy with the controller is playing zombie manager and directing the zombies in where they appear and attack.

Very cool.

EDIT: Yeah survivor is first person, zombie manager on the pad is overhead so he can direct the attack waves better.
#65jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 12:17:39 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Jx1010 posted...

I may be wrong, but it looks like one guy is playing the survivor on the main screen and the guy with the controller is playing zombie manager and directing the zombies in where they appear and attack.

Very cool.

EDIT: Yeah survivor is first person, zombie manager on the pad is overhead so he can direct the attack waves better.

Yeah, that's what's happening in the video.
---
"Ask not for whom the bell tolls... it tolls for thee." - In memory of Chuck, the wisest boxcar hobo of all time from Telltale's The Walking Dead.
#66Jx1010Posted 11/15/2012 12:28:07 AM
jmichaelbp posted...
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Jx1010 posted...

Very cool.

Yeah, that's what's happening in the video.

Thank u
---
Charlie Sheen wins!