Wii U external Hard Drive will ONLY be formatted for Wii U and CANNOT work on PC

#101libatakoPosted 11/14/2012 6:16:31 PM
WTF!, where am I gonna put all my prOn!!!!!
---
psn/xbl= libatako
@(> , <)@
#102darkjedilinkPosted 11/14/2012 6:28:19 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
Not within a week, it won't. Let's also not forget that Nintendo is now forcing people online, like Microsoft does. This means that they'll start bricking consoles, since it's totally legal to do so.

They wont be bricking anything. permabanning the console(and probably the NN account), but just because they say they can brick you doesnt mean they will, or that its actually legal for them to do so.

Hackers can also just not connect to the internet and get away with whatever they want until they can circumvent Nintendo's control.

It is very legal for them to brick consoles. MS was sued over bricking some 2500 consoles for modding, and the case eventually went to the Supreme Court, who sided with MS.

As for not connecting to the internet, they do it with MS, so they'll do it with Nintendo.

And, as has been posted already, they still haven't hacked the 3DS, which is the fastest-selling gaming device in history.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#103tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/14/2012 6:29:05 PM
jsb0714 posted...
Because, tizzywilkillyou, if you're going to moan and complain about something, it would be nice if you know what you are talking about to begin with.

I need you to spell out for me why expecting the file system to work the way it did on Wii/3DS's external storage is absurd enough to indicate a lack of "knowledge of tech". Because you're not making sense.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#104halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/14/2012 6:43:29 PM
It is very legal for them to brick consoles. MS was sued over bricking some 2500 consoles for modding, and the case eventually went to the Supreme Court, who sided with MS.

Source on that? Never heard anything about it and a quick google search turned up nothing.

And, as has been posted already, they still haven't hacked the 3DS, which is the fastest-selling gaming device in history.

The 3DS's popularity does not make it more or less likely to be hacked, or at least it doesnt effect it as much as you would like to believe. There isnt a legitimate reason to hack it yet, once there is, the legitimate hackers(I.E. people who dont just want free games) will at least get some kind of access. They always do.

I doubt they will break it open as easy as the Wii or PS3, but they'll get enough to do what they want(PokÚsav). Same with the Wii U, it'll get hacked. Probably not nearly as painless and risk-free as the Wii, but it'll be there in no time.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#105ReedeemerPosted 11/14/2012 6:44:24 PM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
So say goodbye to thinking you can use your 2TB Hard Drive for your ps3, pc and plug it into the wii u or BACKING UP wii u games on your pc.

The Hard Drive is ONLY formatted for the Wii U and if you plug it into your pc, ps3 or anything else the DATA WILL BE ERASED and you CANNOT ACCESS your data unless you format it first.

/facepalm

Well this is Gamefaqs, uninformed TCs are common.
Don't worry peeps.

Google 'hard drive partitions', ty come again.

My current 3TB's setup:
MAC- 1tb
PC backups- 500gb
Wii Homebrew- 500gb
PS3- 500gb
unallocated (for WiiU)- 500gb
---
ZETRO ::: C2: 1163-0063-7578
PSN: Zetro-X ::: 3DS: 1118-0389-0873
#106jsb0714Posted 11/14/2012 6:49:15 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
jsb0714 posted...
Because, tizzywilkillyou, if you're going to moan and complain about something, it would be nice if you know what you are talking about to begin with.

I need you to spell out for me why expecting the file system to work the way it did on Wii/3DS's external storage is absurd enough to indicate a lack of "knowledge of tech". Because you're not making sense.

Read the thread. That's been answered.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#107darkjedilinkPosted 11/14/2012 6:52:15 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...

Source on that? Never heard anything about it and a quick google search turned up nothing.

A quick google search won't turn up anything - this happened years ago.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#108ArabrockermanXPosted 11/14/2012 6:55:57 PM
Since anti-hacker attempts have been soo successful in the past.

Honestly I don't see a problem here.
#109tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/14/2012 7:03:14 PM
jsb0714 posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
jsb0714 posted...

Read the thread. That's been answered.

If your reason is solely based on partitioning ability:

1. We don't know for a fact that the Wii U will recognize partitions. It PROBABLY will, but...
2. Even then, this is still not as convenient as having the Wii U recognize NTFS.
3. Wanting or expecting (based on Wii and 3DS) FAT32 support (or NTFS as then case may be) in and of itself does not demonstrate a lack of knowledge of tech.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#110Godstriker8Posted 11/14/2012 7:05:44 PM
Partitions?
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!