Wii U external Hard Drive will ONLY be formatted for Wii U and CANNOT work on PC

#111P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/14/2012 8:06:34 PM
darkjedilink posted...
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
It is very legal for them to brick consoles. MS was sued over bricking some 2500 consoles for modding, and the case eventually went to the Supreme Court, who sided with MS.

Source on that? Never heard anything about it and a quick google search turned up nothing.

A quick google search won't turn up anything - this happened years ago.

Actually a quick Google search did work.

http://rrod.co/history-of-rrod/
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#112halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/14/2012 8:18:55 PM

So a fairly important supreme court decision wont turn up in google because its a few years old? sounds legit.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#113Enigma149Posted 11/14/2012 8:23:48 PM

So a fairly important supreme court decision wont turn up in google because its a few years old? sounds legit.

It's true! Haven't you ever tried to look up info on Roe v. Wade? Bush v. Gore? Nothing.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#114omniryuPosted 11/14/2012 8:42:32 PM
darkjedilink posted...
th3nobodi3s posted...
ITT: we think wiiu wont get hacked in the span of a week

3ds hasnt

wait for pokemon

the Wii U will be far more tested than the 3DS has been.

Not within a week, it won't. Let's also not forget that Nintendo is now forcing people online, like Microsoft does. This means that they'll start bricking consoles, since it's totally legal to do so.

I'm sorry, when did they put a gun to your head?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#115darkjedilinkPosted 11/14/2012 8:45:09 PM
omniryu posted...
darkjedilink posted...
th3nobodi3s posted...
ITT: we think wiiu wont get hacked in the span of a week

3ds hasnt

wait for pokemon

the Wii U will be far more tested than the 3DS has been.

Not within a week, it won't. Let's also not forget that Nintendo is now forcing people online, like Microsoft does. This means that they'll start bricking consoles, since it's totally legal to do so.

I'm sorry, when did they put a gun to your head?

Well, if you want to play online, or get digital games online, do ANYTHING with Miiverse or even play Wii games, you gotta get online. Add in retail games in the future coming with firmware updates (some of which I guarantee will be designed to brick systems with unauthorized firmware), and it all adds up to me to be pretty dangerous.

Again, I'm sure it'll be done eventually, but I will bet my account that it won't be done by 11/25/2012.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#116omniryuPosted 11/14/2012 8:49:16 PM
Nintendo won't purposely brick your console.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#117jsb0714Posted 11/14/2012 8:50:26 PM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
jsb0714 posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
jsb0714 posted...
Because, tizzywilkillyou, if you're going to moan and complain about something, it would be nice if you know what you are talking about to begin with.

I need you to spell out for me why expecting the file system to work the way it did on Wii/3DS's external storage is absurd enough to indicate a lack of "knowledge of tech". Because you're not making sense.

Read the thread. That's been answered.

If your reason is solely based on partitioning ability:

1. We don't know for a fact that the Wii U will recognize partitions. It PROBABLY will, but...
2. Even then, this is still not as convenient as having the Wii U recognize NTFS.
3. Wanting or expecting (based on Wii and 3DS) FAT32 support (or NTFS as then case may be) in and of itself does not demonstrate a lack of knowledge of tech.

Why on this earth would you expect a non-Microsoft product to use NTFS?
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#118DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/14/2012 8:50:36 PM
Foppe posted...
meiyuki posted...
Foppe posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ediotsavant posted...
Hard Drives are cheap. Why the complaint?

So are consoles.
So are games.
So is everything.
It stacks up.

Do you prefer if Nintendo had included a harddrive for a higher price than what you can buy in the store?

That doesn't work cause there's a 3rd option, since many people were intending to use their already existing backkup drives they now have to go out and buy one they never knew they had to. Had the file system been readable by a pc this wouldn't be an issue at all.

They can still use their backup drives. Burn out the files on a DVD if you wanna keep backups of your files.

Because it's totally viable to just burn 100 DVDs so that you can play some Wii U games.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#119Sir_HaxorPosted 11/14/2012 10:45:01 PM
Enigma149 posted...

It's true! Haven't you ever tried to look up info on Roe v. Wade? Bush v. Gore? Nothing.

The gov'vamints tryn to kontrol our minds, man! UFOs in my backyard! This **** is serious!
---
3DS Friend Code: 0559-6940-0140
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
#120darkjedilinkPosted 11/14/2012 10:51:05 PM

Look up. One post.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie