Wii U external Hard Drive will ONLY be formatted for Wii U and CANNOT work on PC

#91darkjedilinkPosted 11/14/2012 2:32:51 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
th3nobodi3s posted...
ITT: we think wiiu wont get hacked in the span of a week

3ds hasnt

wait for pokemon

the Wii U will be far more tested than the 3DS has been.

Not within a week, it won't. Let's also not forget that Nintendo is now forcing people online, like Microsoft does. This means that they'll start bricking consoles, since it's totally legal to do so.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#92ediotsavantPosted 11/14/2012 2:33:12 PM
Hard Drives are cheap. Why the complaint?
---
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
#93DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/14/2012 2:34:08 PM
ediotsavant posted...

So are consoles.
So are games.
So is everything.
It stacks up.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#94JonnyBigBossPosted 11/14/2012 2:35:51 PM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
the fact that this surprises anybody is a testament to thelir lack of knowledge about technology

This.

ITT low IQ people whine.
---
www.gamerevolution.com
#95FoppePosted 11/14/2012 2:38:03 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ediotsavant posted...

So are consoles.
So are games.
So is everything.
It stacks up.

Do you prefer if Nintendo had included a harddrive for a higher price than what you can buy in the store?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#96meiyukiPosted 11/14/2012 2:44:41 PM
Foppe posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ediotsavant posted...

So are consoles.
So are games.
So is everything.
It stacks up.

Do you prefer if Nintendo had included a harddrive for a higher price than what you can buy in the store?

That doesn't work cause there's a 3rd option, since many people were intending to use their already existing backkup drives they now have to go out and buy one they never knew they had to. Had the file system been readable by a pc this wouldn't be an issue at all.
#97AsylumSmashPosted 11/14/2012 2:48:20 PM
Can't wait to unscrew it slave and format it on my PC. Do you guys/girls actually think this will be hard? Nintendo is terrible with security and everything can easily be hacked in no time at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/AsylumSmash
#98FoppePosted 11/14/2012 2:54:52 PM
meiyuki posted...
Foppe posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
ediotsavant posted...

So are consoles.
So are games.
So is everything.
It stacks up.

That doesn't work cause there's a 3rd option, since many people were intending to use their already existing backkup drives they now have to go out and buy one they never knew they had to. Had the file system been readable by a pc this wouldn't be an issue at all.

They can still use their backup drives. Burn out the files on a DVD if you wanna keep backups of your files.

AsylumSmash posted...
Can't wait to unscrew it slave and format it on my PC. Do you guys/girls actually think this will be hard? Nintendo is terrible with security and everything can easily be hacked in no time at all.

...if you format the harddrive on your PC... then you will write over important sections with specific Wii U filesystem information with FAT32/NTFS filesystem information...
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#99Canas_RenvallPosted 11/14/2012 5:02:08 PM
AwesomeOSauce posted...
SkyCrackers posted...
It really has to format the entire drive? My question is: WHY? It won't affect piracy either way. Nintendo has been making a lot of stupid mistakes with the Wii U, ones that easily could have been fixed.

If Nintendo wanted to start following Sony's horrible practices so badly they shouldn't have even given us an option to use any external hdd.
Nintendo should have made proprietary external Wii U Hard Drives made specially for the Wii U because in the end they might as well do this because they are still screwing us.

Um... no.

If they made proprietary hard drives it would screw you even more because they could charge your balls off for it.

See: 32GB Vita proprietary memory card at $100 (I think). I just bought a regular SD card for my 3DS, 32GB, for $30.

The difference would likely be even more extraordinary for an external HDD vs. a proprietary external HDD.
---
I don't see Nintendo, Microsoft, Sony. I see Mario, Zelda, Uncharted, Resident Evil, Gears of War, Alan Wake, Heavy Rain, etc. Play games, not companies.
#100halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/14/2012 6:15:11 PM
Not within a week, it won't. Let's also not forget that Nintendo is now forcing people online, like Microsoft does. This means that they'll start bricking consoles, since it's totally legal to do so.

They wont be bricking anything. permabanning the console(and probably the NN account), but just because they say they can brick you doesnt mean they will, or that its actually legal for them to do so.

Hackers can also just not connect to the internet and get away with whatever they want until they can circumvent Nintendo's control.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest