Will Wii U games install?

#1hyruler461Posted 11/14/2012 10:44:42 AM
Will the Wii U games install on the system like some of my PS3 games do (like the Assassin's Creed games did)? Im getting the 32gb model and I only like the physical copies of retail games so ill have the space for saves and VC stuff, but if they install games like on the PS3 I may be forced to get an external HDD. No one may know yet since its not out but if anyone heard anything let me know, thanks.
#2FoppePosted 11/14/2012 10:46:23 AM
The Wii U discdrive is faster than both the PS3 and Xbox 360 discdrive.
So no game should force you to be installed.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3DTY3Posted 11/14/2012 10:47:01 AM
I think PS3 only installed like every game cause of **** disc read speed.
Wii U's is faster.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#4hyruler461(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:50:09 AM
OK awesome to know, maybe then I'll be fine then for a while b4 needing a HDD. Thanks for the replies.
#5kissdadookiePosted 11/14/2012 1:00:52 PM(edited)
hyruler461 posted...
OK awesome to know, maybe then I'll be fine then for a while b4 needing a HDD. Thanks for the replies.

You're going to need a HDD. There's no way around this especially when you start getting into core multi-plat titles. The Wii U has plenty of system memory but there's no optical disc drive available that comes close to even a 5200 RPM HDD in terms of read speeds. Now, the GOOD thing about this is the fact that external HDD are incredibly inexpensive these days. The bad thing is that it sounds like the USB ports on the Wii U are not full powered thus Nintendo is suggesting you use a Y-USB cable to plug in port powered USB HDD or alternatively use a bulky external HDD with its own power supply.
#6hyruler461(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 5:37:58 PM
kissdadookie posted...
hyruler461 posted...

You're going to need a HDD. There's no way around this especially when you start getting into core multi-plat titles. The Wii U has plenty of system memory but there's no optical disc drive available that comes close to even a 5200 RPM HDD in terms of read speeds. Now, the GOOD thing about this is the fact that external HDD are incredibly inexpensive these days. The bad thing is that it sounds like the USB ports on the Wii U are not full powered thus Nintendo is suggesting you use a Y-USB cable to plug in port powered USB HDD or alternatively use a bulky external HDD with its own power supply.

I guess we will wait and see. I'll also check cyber monday out for one, should be the best time to get one, right?