What is the most underated game you have played in your life?

#151Golden MavenPosted 11/16/2012 5:32:44 PM
A few.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (SNES)
The ONLY game of that series in which you morph at will. That's a pretty big deal to me. And the "beat 'em up" aspect of it wasn't drawn out for goons, a couple of punches and you move on.

Home Alone (Genesis)
The burglars are coming, and you need to set traps and slow down the burglars with homemade weapons until the cops arrive. Great replay value, a true gem of that gen. It wasn't just some generic platformer.

Grand Theft Auto 1 (including London) & 2
GTA 3 impressed people, but personally I preferred the originals. Not sure why they were so overlooked. Open ended, fun missions, doesn't take itself too seriously... Deserved far more love, especially in those days.
#152FenderMasterPosted 11/16/2012 5:37:13 PM
Brutal Legend

It got a bit of a mauling for introducing RTS elements into the huge stage battles, with mixed results but Double Fine crafted an amazing world, the driving mechanics were incredibly fun, and little beats tearing around the fantastic heavy metal themed world in your car, blasting out Sabbath while mowing down emo enemies and monsters!

The combat was also very good, the story well written and interesting, and characters likable and well developed. Funny too.
---
I know street fighter way better then I know my wife. I keep getting caught in her frame traps -- Lazy Jones
#153AlluvionPosted 11/16/2012 5:39:41 PM
Breath of Fire III/IV
#154MrSRArterPosted 11/16/2012 5:43:02 PM
Dig Dug Digging Strike
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eStcSpAdodc&feature=plcp <- I agree with this video.
Official Birthday Cake flavor of the IDF
#155ian2093Posted 11/16/2012 5:49:29 PM
Duck Tales 2 for the GBC was my game back in the day. Oh, and whoever is putting any game with Metroid or Zelda in the title, those games are not underrated by any means, they just don't live up to the bar the rest of the games in the series hold. Take Metroid: Other M and Kirby's Epic Yarn. If you put them next to say Metroid Prime and Kirby and the Crystal Shards, they're absolute trash, but if they had been made to be stand alone titles they would have been hits.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#156dominatinggamerPosted 11/16/2012 5:53:44 PM
Xenosaga or Skies of Arcadia (was that the game with the airships on Dreamcast?)
---
With friends like you, who needs enemies?
#157kacolukia89Posted 11/16/2012 6:02:22 PM
I gotta go with Azurik (on the first Xbox)...one of the first games I saw on it and played...great adventure game...a little bit hard though...
#158BJU86Posted 11/16/2012 6:34:07 PM
PS1- Final Fantasy 8 & 9
Arcade- Bust a Move
Game Cube- The Summoner
#159RaulsenPosted 11/16/2012 6:48:21 PM
Baten Kaitos Origins. That game is nothing short of a masterpiece, but it's release timing screwed it over.
---
Yes, I'm a Christian and 100% proud of it. God Bless!
You're not alone anymore. We're together, and I'm not leaving you. -The City in the Snow Globe
#160xXDeadWulfXxPosted 11/16/2012 7:07:07 PM
Z.H.P Unloosing Ranger VS DarkDeath Evilman for PSP
I enjoyed it a whole lot.
---
PSN: Shibuya_Reaper 3DS FC: 3668-7261-4909
Currently playing: FF6, Tales of the Abyss 3D