Is this thing gonna flop?

#71JTaanaaPosted 11/14/2012 8:05:30 PM
No. Not a chance. It'll be successful. As successful as Wii? Probably not, but will it fail? No way.
#72dragon_suplex_xPosted 11/14/2012 8:13:53 PM
^ What Jtanna said- I'm thinking it will most likely be first sales wise next gen because of the head start and the likely smaller difference in specs between competition (unlike this gen with the Wii).
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
PSN vertigoink
#73AceMosPosted 11/14/2012 8:14:46 PM
i think the wii u will out sell the wii
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#74koops3003Posted 11/14/2012 8:53:27 PM
patcher is never anti nintendo so much so I can't take him seriously
---
Wii FC: 5454-2046-5188-4119
3DS FC: 4124-5524-2139
#75paralyzed21Posted 11/14/2012 9:29:23 PM
guaranteed flop. habs no chance
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#76TNist1048Posted 11/14/2012 9:31:53 PM
It won't flop sadly even though it really should. It's another console based off of a ridiculous gimmick, it's nowhere near as powerful as the next generation Sony/Microsoft consoles will be, and I have a feeling Nintendo is once again going to make a grab at the casual market and alienate third party developers. It just doesn't seem to me that Nintendo is learning the lessons that should have slapped them upside the head with the Wii.
#77dragon_suplex_xPosted 11/14/2012 9:35:56 PM
TNist1048 posted...
It won't flop sadly even though it really should. It's another console based off of a ridiculous gimmick, it's nowhere near as powerful as the next generation Sony/Microsoft consoles will be, and I have a feeling Nintendo is once again going to make a grab at the casual market and alienate third party developers. It just doesn't seem to me that Nintendo is learning the lessons that should have slapped them upside the head with the Wii.

Could you help those of us without a time machine out and list those specs of Sony/Microsoft's next gen systems?
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
PSN vertigoink
#78Lord_CohlianiPosted 11/14/2012 9:37:22 PM
Yeah it's gonna flop. Nobody needs another tablet.
---
SteamID: Old Gregg
#79DTY3Posted 11/14/2012 9:39:27 PM
Pachter said Borderlands wasn't gonna sell

wut
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/DTY16
GameFAQS users are far too sensitive.
#80Devil_wings00Posted 11/14/2012 10:41:49 PM
dragon_suplex_x posted...
TNist1048 posted...

Could you help those of us without a time machine out and list those specs of Sony/Microsoft's next gen systems?

He doesn't need one, it's common sense. While Sony/Microsoft may not build uber machines (no one will pay 700 for a console right now) they will be more powerful then Nintendo.

Chances are they won't be gimmick based since the kinect isn't blowing the world away (even though it sold well but seriously what games are there to play that aren't broken and frustrating, dancing games aside) and the move was an outright failure. Sony/Microsoft are doing just fine doing what they are doing right now. So when they don't really need to pointlessly try to make a gimmick work then they can spend all there money on the guts of there machine, instead of R&D on a gimmick.

Also when your competitor has set such a low bar for you to jump they would be fools to not take that minor hop and surpass them. It's just easy marketing fluff "2-4X as powerful as the WiiU!" All next gen consoles have to do it manage 1080p native and some higher details. To the people who haven't seen a PC game in the last 5 years it will be a quantum leap for them.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.