Is this thing gonna flop?

#81Jewtiful JoePosted 11/14/2012 9:45:07 PM
I go to school with his daughter and she's a massive slut fyi.
---
http://i.imgur.com/XA1y9.jpg
I am a proud American and I am in favor of teen pregnant.
#82AceMosPosted 11/14/2012 9:52:03 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
dragon_suplex_x posted...
TNist1048 posted...
It won't flop sadly even though it really should. It's another console based off of a ridiculous gimmick, it's nowhere near as powerful as the next generation Sony/Microsoft consoles will be, and I have a feeling Nintendo is once again going to make a grab at the casual market and alienate third party developers. It just doesn't seem to me that Nintendo is learning the lessons that should have slapped them upside the head with the Wii.

Could you help those of us without a time machine out and list those specs of Sony/Microsoft's next gen systems?

He doesn't need one, it's common sense. While Sony/Microsoft may not build uber machines (no one will pay 700 for a console right now) they will be more powerful then Nintendo.

Chances are they won't be gimmick based since the kinect isn't blowing the world away (even though it sold well but seriously what games are there to play that aren't broken and frustrating, dancing games aside) and the move was an outright failure. Sony/Microsoft are doing just fine doing what they are doing right now. So when they don't really need to pointlessly try to make a gimmick work then they can spend all there money on the guts of there machine, instead of R&D on a gimmick.

Also when your competitor has set such a low bar for you to jump they would be fools to not take that minor hop and surpass them. It's just easy marketing fluff "2-4X as powerful as the WiiU!" All next gen consoles have to do it manage 1080p native and some higher details. To the people who haven't seen a PC game in the last 5 years it will be a quantum leap for them.

*looks at sony and microsofts new devices the wodnerbook and the smart glass* yea......

they dotn want "gimmiks" at all
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#83DynheartPosted 11/14/2012 10:00:49 PM
If Nintendo got a penny for every time someone predicted their fail through out the years...I'm sure their worth would be 10 times as much as it is now.

It's dumb to count these guys out...until they are, well, out.

Guess what? They haven't even started this gen. If things go sour? They'll fix it. Look what they did for the 3DS. Nintendo isn't stupid.
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#84DynheartPosted 11/14/2012 10:02:53 PM
AceMos posted...
Devil_wings00 posted...
TNist1048 posted...
It won't flop sadly even though it really should. It's another console based off of a ridiculous gimmick, it's nowhere near as powerful as the next generation Sony/Microsoft consoles will be, and I have a feeling Nintendo is once again going to make a grab at the casual market and alienate third party developers. It just doesn't seem to me that Nintendo is learning the lessons that should have slapped them upside the head with the Wii.

Could you help those of us without a time machine out and list those specs of Sony/Microsoft's next gen systems?

He doesn't need one, it's common sense. While Sony/Microsoft may not build uber machines (no one will pay 700 for a console right now) they will be more powerful then Nintendo.

Chances are they won't be gimmick based since the kinect isn't blowing the world away (even though it sold well but seriously what games are there to play that aren't broken and frustrating, dancing games aside) and the move was an outright failure. Sony/Microsoft are doing just fine doing what they are doing right now. So when they don't really need to pointlessly try to make a gimmick work then they can spend all there money on the guts of there machine, instead of R&D on a gimmick.

Also when your competitor has set such a low bar for you to jump they would be fools to not take that minor hop and surpass them. It's just easy marketing fluff "2-4X as powerful as the WiiU!" All next gen consoles have to do it manage 1080p native and some higher details. To the people who haven't seen a PC game in the last 5 years it will be a quantum leap for them.

*looks at sony and microsofts new devices the wodnerbook and the smart glass* yea......

they dotn want "gimmiks" at all

Those aren't gimmicks, didn't you know? Two reasons.

1) They are well thought out! *cough*
2) They aren't Nintendo.

So by default, they don't get the gimmick tag. /shrug
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#85DerpyHoovesPosted 11/14/2012 10:17:13 PM
DTY3 posted...
Well TC Pachter also said nobody owns a PC as powerful as a PS3....

So yeah.

HAH! My PC is more powerful than the purported specifications of the 720/PS4. Did Pachter really say something that inane?
---
"Eternal Chaos.. comes with chocolate rain, you guys! Chocolate! Rain!"
#86FlyinTonitePosted 11/14/2012 10:30:33 PM
Devil_wings00 posted...
TNist1048 posted...

Crysis 1 still looks better than anything ps3 or 360 has released. Unfortunately, ps4's rumored specs aren't very impressive and if microsoft goes all in they may find themselves the odd man out despite having the best specs.

Also, I remember nextbox was supposedly using a hex core, which still doesn't bench as well as a decent quad core. Any rumors on this?
---
My karma was 777 on April 3rd, 2012
i7 3770s @ 3.1ghz, asus gtx 660, gskill ripjaws 8 gb, ASUS|P8B75-V R, ocz 700w psu, 1.5 tb seagate hdd