What happens if GameStop sells your pre-order within the 48 hours time frame...

#1LilMajerCartunePosted 11/14/2012 10:48:47 PM
that they're supposed to hold it after release? What force of action can be taken as the customer?... Cause if they end up doing some ol first come first serve bs despite your pre-order, I promise that I'm knocking some s*** over in that store!

P.S. I asked this question in a topic but I never got a legitimate answer/response.
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty
#2deadpool_legendPosted 11/14/2012 11:07:07 PM
I unfortunately do no know the answer to this either but am curious, so bump
---
"Hairy Zeus on a traffic light!"
-Deadpool, Issue #3
#3EbonMagicianPosted 11/14/2012 11:11:29 PM
you will probably get a "oh. sorry. we will get more in on thursday" or a "we can refund your preorder"
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel
message me if you add me
#4dolablaPosted 11/14/2012 11:13:10 PM
I'll call the district manager.
#5hko981Posted 11/14/2012 11:14:43 PM(edited)
If you pass the 48 hour period the money stays you can either canceled and get your money back or you can use it for other purchase.
#6LilMajerCartune(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:14:49 PM
EbonMagician posted...
you will probably get a "oh. sorry. we will get more in on thursday" or a "we can refund your preorder"

Well... I already told you what I'mma do if that happens! lol But that's bogus! There isn't some type of complaint the customer can make or anything? I.E. free stuff, in store credit, bonuses, etc...
---
"I'm not a nerd, I just Google a lot." - David "Lil Majer" Prunty
#7hko981Posted 11/14/2012 11:16:54 PM
Actually they can't sell it until the 48 hours have pass. If they do the employee can be fired
#8RedBullWingsPosted 11/14/2012 11:17:19 PM
LilMajerCartune posted...
that they're supposed to hold it after release? What force of action can be taken as the customer?... Cause if they end up doing some ol first come first serve bs despite your pre-order, I promise that I'm knocking some s*** over in that store!

P.S. I asked this question in a topic but I never got a legitimate answer/response.

It's like anything in retail. Gamestop may be a shady company that would do something of the "first come, first serve" nature that you are referring to, so if that happens and you complain enough to a manager, you will get what you want. Talk to that manager's manger if it doesn't work, and so forth. Eventually, someone will offer you compensation to save face.

If they don't, make sure they lose your business permanently. That's really the most powerful thing the consumer can do.
#9EbonMagicianPosted 11/14/2012 11:19:19 PM
by the way, if they DO sell your wiiu, you will never know! They will just say they didn't get all their orders in. Even complaining wouldn't do anything! sorry :<
---
3DS FC: Lotaphi 1118-1539-9491 --- Vita PSN: Bernkestel
message me if you add me
#10hko981Posted 11/14/2012 11:19:59 PM
LilMajerCartune posted...
EbonMagician posted...

Well... I already told you what I'mma do if that happens! lol But that's bogus! There isn't some type of complaint the customer can make or anything? I.E. free stuff, in store credit, bonuses, etc...

The best they can do its see if a store near by has one. You can complaint to corporate its the only way you can get a store credit for your bad time