Graphics do matter...here's proof!

#21nonexistingheroPosted 11/15/2012 4:15:28 AM
Garfield64 posted...
heh Just some things I'd like to argue ^_^

1.SNES IMO looked better then Jaguar
2. PS1 IMO looked better then N64 (especially towards end of cycle)
3. PS2 IMO looked better then Gamecube (again towards end of cycle)

1. No, it didn't. Art styles? Sure. Pure graphical quality? Nope.
2. Need some glasses? PS1 did CG graphics better (and sound), N64 did EVERYTHING else better. There's just no comparison.
3. Yeah... you need glasses.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22omniryuPosted 11/15/2012 4:15:30 AM
darkjedilink posted...
Garfield64 posted...
1.SNES IMO looked better then Jaguar

Most games, yeah, but some Jag games looked absolutely stunning for the day.

2. PS1 IMO looked better then N64 (especially towards end of cycle)

I want to know what the people who say this are seeing. all I can think of is Battle Arena Toshinden, and how the 3D looked worse than Starfox on SNES.

3. PS2 IMO looked better then Gamecube (again towards end of cycle)

Now, you're clearly on drugs. It's the only rational explanation.

You've just gotten trolled.
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#23PrinceOfHotPosted 11/15/2012 4:18:39 AM
Wii U is next gen, and is a much more economically feasible system for game developers than the ULTRA tech consoles, which are just sort of "oh wow very high tech, lets double/triple our budget to make fail profits". When obviously, the Wii U is a big step up, but not an insane ultra generation gap leap...i mean i can't imagine video game companies to make games to support hardware that isn't mainstream, thats incredibly ridiculous.
#24nonexistingheroPosted 11/15/2012 4:21:10 AM
Garfield64 posted...
Resident Evil 4 on GameCube

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/gc/re_4/screens/re_4_56.jpg

God of War 2 on PS2

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/ps2/god_of_war_2/screens/god_of_war_2_6.jpg

Final Fantasy 12 on PS2

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29600000/final-fantasy-12-final-fantasy-1-13-2-29672006-1024-768.jpg

Even the 2D games looked better IMO

Odin Spehere

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/228999-odin-sphere-playstation-2-screenshot-dr-eggman-sure-didn-t.png

You're comparing high-res bullshots and CG shots with actual Gamecube graphics -__-
As for 2D, the Gamecube didn't have a lot of actual 2D games, let alone a credible developer that focused on a 2D game. It does have plenty of sidescrolling games that look great though, such as Viewtiful Joe and Mega Man Network Transmission.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25sting__artPosted 11/15/2012 4:34:59 AM

PC > Everything else in terms of number of games, active players, most sold, longevity and above all else: The graphics!
---
StingArt
#26hustlin_pimpstePosted 11/15/2012 4:48:03 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Again, mistaking mocking for whatever you want to. Very nice sir!

Are you going to add anything to this discussion? If not then don't bother replying cause I sure won't.

Yes, I think I am but I can see how someone who mistakes mocking for either talking tough or having hurt feelings could think it isn't. Very nice sir!

ok

Ok.
#27Lemmywinks13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 4:51:52 AM
sting__art posted...

PC > Everything else in terms of number of games, active players, most sold, longevity and above all else: The graphics!

lol...very nice...assuming every PC sold is a graphics powerhouse. Which they are not. So you still lose lol.
#28sting__artPosted 11/15/2012 5:16:43 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
sting__art posted...

lol...very nice...assuming every PC sold is a graphics powerhouse. Which they are not. So you still lose lol.

Lose? What headspace are you in haha. You seem so mad. Forcing us to take your point that you childishly shove down people's throat ;) no offense.

On point tho, every gaming PC beat its current gen and i'm talking about mid-end here.
---
StingArt
#29shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 5:23:13 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
sting__art posted...

my pc is a powerhouse ,i just beat you .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#30vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 5:30:08 AM
youre absoltely right with the comparisons.....

bt you see ...
N64 competed with ps1....NOT the PS2
the gamecube competed with PS2 and XBOX...NOT
ps360
the tech wasnt THAT far apart infact gc had better graphics than ps2 at times...
but the wii was essentially a ps2.5 tech system with a motion stick....it was nique and good nonetheless....bt now nintendo is directly competing with home consoles....with power that is comparable to the current gens....while ps4 & 720 already have things like unreal 4,fox engine and luminos engines made to work wiyh them....just look at one of the tech demos for any of these...and tell me if you can even dream of seeing such power from the wii u.

im NOT saying wiiu is a bad system but nintendo WAS never competing with ps/xbox....before now

heck how many EXCLSIVE IPS does nintendo have that arent casual games except zelda somewhat...do they evn dream of having an online base close to the 360's.....

they should stick to the casual base....
coz i cant think of one good reason to by the wii u...
not technical prowess
not exclusives(dont ask me to buy something coz of mario kart...im 19)
not online...
jst WHY
!just 1 GOOD reason?