Graphics do matter...here's proof!

#31MaDmAtHiEuPosted 11/15/2012 4:33:29 AM
I have a good PC and I don't play games on it.
Also, you say PC is better than a home console. Well, it depends!
Your PC can't be the best thing forever, because it will be beaten by an another pc pretty soon. Also, If you bought a PC 10 years ago, i'm pretty sure every actual consoles are better.
---
3DS: 3007-8129-8828 -- Wii: 1829 5338 0929 8987 ACCF1977-5312-3357 Mario Kart Wii: 3523-2619-9721
#32PG50Posted 11/15/2012 4:33:51 AM
vishmarx posted...
youre absoltely right with the comparisons.....

bt you see ...
N64 competed with ps1....NOT the PS2
the gamecube competed with PS2 and XBOX...NOT
ps360
the tech wasnt THAT far apart infact gc had better graphics than ps2 at times...
but the wii was essentially a ps2.5 tech system with a motion stick....it was nique and good nonetheless....bt now nintendo is directly competing with home consoles....with power that is comparable to the current gens....while ps4 & 720 already have things like unreal 4,fox engine and luminos engines made to work wiyh them....just look at one of the tech demos for any of these...and tell me if you can even dream of seeing such power from the wii u.

im NOT saying wiiu is a bad system but nintendo WAS never competing with ps/xbox....before now

heck how many EXCLSIVE IPS does nintendo have that arent casual games except zelda somewhat...do they evn dream of having an online base close to the 360's.....

they should stick to the casual base....
coz i cant think of one good reason to by the wii u...
not technical prowess
not exclusives(dont ask me to buy something coz of mario kart...im 19)
not online...
jst WHY
!just 1 GOOD reason?

Holy flipping balls. Maybe it's cause it's 4:30am, but holy crap, I laughed so freaking hard. I don't even care if this is a joke or a serious post. Thank you poster.

Don't ask me to buy something because of Mario Kart, I am 19 years of age.

That's hilarious.
#33vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 4:35:56 AM
shaunme posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
sting__art posted...

PC > Everything else in terms of number of games, active players, most sold, longevity and above all else: The graphics!

lol...very nice...assuming every PC sold is a graphics powerhouse. Which they are not. So you still lose lol.

my pc is a powerhouse ,i just beat you .

yet you cant play more than half of the best games ever...(uncharted ,god of war,,rdr,gears halo...etc)

you still play only cod...no ac 3 ,re6 ,halo4 ,....nothing...
most games that do come are like 8 months late and are crappy ports...which are only enjoyed by modders..
#34shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 4:39:52 AM
vishmarx posted...
shaunme posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
sting__art posted...

PC > Everything else in terms of number of games, active players, most sold, longevity and above all else: The graphics!

lol...very nice...assuming every PC sold is a graphics powerhouse. Which they are not. So you still lose lol.

yet you cant play more than half of the best games ever...(uncharted ,god of war,,rdr,gears halo...etc)

most games that do come are like 8 months late and are crappy ports...which are only enjoyed by modders..

really ? CursiveA thats my gamertag and poselecta is my psn ,and god knows what my wii friendcode is,so i just beat you aswell ,next .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#35vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 4:41:04 AM
PG50 posted...
vishmarx posted...
youre absoltely right with the comparisons.....

bt you see ...
N64 competed with ps1....NOT the PS2
the gamecube competed with PS2 and XBOX...NOT
ps360
the tech wasnt THAT far apart infact gc had better graphics than ps2 at times...
but the wii was essentially a ps2.5 tech system with a motion stick....it was nique and good nonetheless....bt now nintendo is directly competing with home consoles....with power that is comparable to the current gens....while ps4 & 720 already have things like unreal 4,fox engine and luminos engines made to work wiyh them....just look at one of the tech demos for any of these...and tell me if you can even dream of seeing such power from the wii u.

im NOT saying wiiu is a bad system but nintendo WAS never competing with ps/xbox....before now

heck how many EXCLSIVE IPS does nintendo have that arent casual games except zelda somewhat...do they evn dream of having an online base close to the 360's.....

they should stick to the casual base....
coz i cant think of one good reason to by the wii u...
not technical prowess
not exclusives(dont ask me to buy something coz of mario kart...im 19)
not online...
jst WHY
!just 1 GOOD reason?

Holy flipping balls. Maybe it's cause it's 4:30am, but holy crap, I laughed so freaking hard. I don't even care if this is a joke or a serious post. Thank you poster.

Don't ask me to buy something because of Mario Kart, I am 19 years of age.

That's hilarious.

not exactly a serious post but thamks anyways
#36vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 4:47:30 AM
shaunme posted...
vishmarx posted...
shaunme posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
sting__art posted...

really ? CursiveA thats my gamertag and poselecta is my psn ,and god knows what my wii friendcode is,so i just beat you aswell ,next .

i own a porsche...
so i beat half the people on this board....

BUT

sensibly speaking what the hell does it have to do with yor advocating the pc as a gaming platform???

i dont give a $h!t what your psn/gamertag is ....so jst go to sleep its almost morning and youll be late for kindergarten
#37shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 4:50:57 AM
you said by owning a pc i miss out on games? i own all consoles aswell ,only true gamers do this ,not company drones like yourself .next .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#38MaDmAtHiEuPosted 11/15/2012 4:56:08 AM
shaunme posted...
you said by owning a pc i miss out on games? i own all consoles aswell ,only true gamers do this ,not company drones like yourself .next .

True gamers buy all systems? And I am a real driver, so I buy all cars! Also, I'm a true gamer, and I don't want every console.
---
3DS: 3007-8129-8828 -- Wii: 1829 5338 0929 8987 ACCF1977-5312-3357 Mario Kart Wii: 3523-2619-9721
#39DynheartPosted 11/15/2012 4:58:25 AM(edited)
Garfield64 posted...
Resident Evil 4 on GameCube

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/gc/re_4/screens/re_4_56.jpg

God of War 2 on PS2

http://s.pro-gmedia.com/videogamer/media/images/ps2/god_of_war_2/screens/god_of_war_2_6.jpg

Final Fantasy 12 on PS2

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29600000/final-fantasy-12-final-fantasy-1-13-2-29672006-1024-768.jpg

Even the 2D games looked better IMO

Odin Spehere

http://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/228999-odin-sphere-playstation-2-screenshot-dr-eggman-sure-didn-t.png

I played GoW 2 on the PS2 of course...and the game didn;t look that smooth.

That has to be a cinematic, or a doctored picture. PS2 was known for it's jig-saw edges. That pic? It's lookin' pretty smooth. Not to mention you get a GC pic, that's off screen (at least looks like it)!

The FF 12 screen? Dude...that's not even in game CG. Why post that?
---
Currently suffering Final Fantasy XIII-2
#40vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 4:59:26 AM
shaunme posted...

well what good was your pc doing when you were playing all consoles games for drones like myself
all that money spent on your pc...and tell me what your playing on your pc right now adequately uses all that power available to it and has nothing to do with COD....

witcher 2 was pretty much the only game to come out in years to actually be worthy of spending some money on...i know this coz i did...///////

SO WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING ON YOUR PC THESE DAYS...