Graphics do matter...here's proof!

#61The_MPerPosted 11/15/2012 6:50:48 AM
ITT: More consles sold, means more superior.
lol that is funny. Just look at the Transformers movies, they sell a lot yet they're probably some of the crapiest movies I've seen.
---
PSN: The_MPer --- XBL: The U is Silent --- Wii: doesn't work anymore --- Steam: So Zetta Slow
#62ExiliousPosted 11/15/2012 7:01:58 AM
OP fails to mention that hardware specs determine more than just graphical capabilities.
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#63P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 11/15/2012 7:05:04 AM
The_MPer posted...
ITT: More consles sold, means more superior.
lol that is funny. Just look at the Transformers movies, they sell a lot yet they're probably some of the crapiest movies I've seen.

quality is subjective, success is not
---
Currently Playing: Shenmue2, NSMB2
http://youtu.be/X21mJh6j9i4
#64_Yag_Posted 11/15/2012 7:05:32 AM
its_matt posted...
I see your point but feel my experience of this gen would have been very empty without my PS3. I think owning a Wii has complemented playing games this gen but has hardly defined it, popular sales are not a true reflection of quality, because most people are pretty stupid and have little taste.

depends on what you consider a defining characteristic of a generation. the Wii Brought the first motion controlled gaming, and even after Kinect and PSMove its still the best of the three. The Wii brought back gaming for young kids and families with all their crappy (in the eyes of a serious gamer) yet effective games centered around super casual gamers an young'ns.

I think this generation (because of the Wii) has seem more people under the age of lets say 12 playing games than we've seen since the snes and genesis came out.
---
Archer: "ring ring.....hi planes? yeah, this is blimps.. you win"
Yagyujubei: 75 NIN/MNK/SAM/PLD/BLU Midgardsormr R.I.P
#65shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 7:06:52 AM
ZodiacKillerJr posted...
Dude, the Wii U will be able to go up to 1080p, which is currently the highest definition out there. The 360 and PS3 cannot surpass it in Graphics, only match it.

So, I believe you argument is unfounded.

1080p is far from the highest definition .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#66vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 7:10:30 AM
shaunme posted...
ZodiacKillerJr posted...
Dude, the Wii U will be able to go up to 1080p, which is currently the highest definition out there. The 360 and PS3 cannot surpass it in Graphics, only match it.

4xhd fyi
#67shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 7:22:27 AM
vishmarx posted...
shaunme posted...
ZodiacKillerJr posted...

4xhd fyi

8k uhdtv fyi .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#68Godly_GoofPosted 11/15/2012 7:35:58 AM
I respect TCs post. But for me graphics were at their peak on SNES. Just saying.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#69El_ZaggyPosted 11/15/2012 7:44:31 AM
The industry changed when ps360 got released.

In 1980-1990 games werent multiplatforms. Then 3d engines appeared towords the end of the 90ies making it easier to releases games on more than one plaform.

The transformation started in at ps2 xbox era and now most games are on other platforms (pc, 360, ps3) Why didnt i included the Wii in that? Because Wii ddnt have power to follow the 3d engines that the 2 others were using.

Now you might say, look at the sales and blablabla. Of course the Wii dominate sales. Most people bought a Wii for Wii sports and thats all. Others bought for dance games. The problem is, there is less high quality games on the Wii than on the 2 others consoles. And why ? because developpers dont want to waste time and money with old hardware or downgradfing their games, it cost money.

Graphic does matter from my gaming stand point. I understand it dont matter from a nintendo fanboy stand point.

But overall, if the wii u is inferior to ps4/720 like the wii is to the ps360, there is no point buying a wii u since most games will be developped for other consoles and not get out on the wii.

Unless you want to play another zelda and do the same thing with link that you did 15 years ago since it hasnt evolved or play countless mario i dont see why buy a wii u. And I think 350 is a bit far fetched to play old nintendo franchise that never evolve.
#70Logical_OnePosted 11/15/2012 7:46:58 AM
If graphics TRULY mattered people would play on PC.

Before you say Boo-hoo a good gaming PC costs too much to build realize that to have a PC that runs games as well as the X360 or PS3 (720p, low/no AA, only 30-60 FPS etc) you could easily build one for $400 (and the extra cost is justified by the extra usage for PC stuff).

So--to exclusive console gamers--graphics don't matter nearly as much as they think.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3