Graphics do matter...here's proof!

#71GranzonExPosted 11/15/2012 7:48:52 AM
Graphics don't matter, until they matter, in which case your console is probably the one with the best graphics.

So yes, graphics do matter.
---
lol opinions
#72vishmarxPosted 11/15/2012 7:55:42 AM
shaunme posted...
vishmarx posted...
shaunme posted...
ZodiacKillerJr posted...
Dude, the Wii U will be able to go up to 1080p, which is currently the highest definition out there. The 360 and PS3 cannot surpass it in Graphics, only match it.

So, I believe you argument is unfounded.

1080p is far from the highest definition .

4xhd fyi

8k uhdtv fyi .

holy christ ........................and current gen struggles to play well with 720 p
#73shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 8:07:47 AM
vishmarx posted...
shaunme posted...
vishmarx posted...
shaunme posted...
ZodiacKillerJr posted...
Dude, the Wii U will be able to go up to 1080p, which is currently the highest definition out there. The 360 and PS3 cannot surpass it in Graphics, only match it.

So, I believe you argument is unfounded.

1080p is far from the highest definition .

4xhd fyi

8k uhdtv fyi .

holy christ ........................and current gen struggles to play well with 720 p

exactly .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#74Shinobi120Posted 11/15/2012 8:12:03 AM(edited)
Logical_One posted...
If graphics TRULY mattered people would play on PC.

Before you say Boo-hoo a good gaming PC costs too much to build realize that to have a PC that runs games as well as the X360 or PS3 (720p, low/no AA, only 30-60 FPS etc) you could easily build one for $400 (and the extra cost is justified by the extra usage for PC stuff).

So--to exclusive console gamers--graphics don't matter nearly as much as they think.

This. You can easily build yourself a PC with graphics/resolutions that are far better than what either PS3/360 has for a lot cheaper.

Not only that, but the PC will already beat whatever the next Xbox & the next Playstation consoles would dish out in specs. So really, the only two platforms that you really need are the Wii U & PC.
#75shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 8:10:19 AM
Shinobi120 posted...
Logical_One posted...
If graphics TRULY mattered people would play on PC.

Before you say Boo-hoo a good gaming PC costs too much to build realize that to have a PC that runs games as well as the X360 or PS3 (720p, low/no AA, only 30-60 FPS etc) you could easily build one for $400 (and the extra cost is justified by the extra usage for PC stuff).

So--to exclusive console gamers--graphics don't matter nearly as much as they think.

This. You can easily build yourself a PC with graphics/resolutions that are far better than what either PS3/360 has for a lot cheaper.

Not only that, but the PC will already beat whatever the next Xbox & the next Playstation consoles would dish out. So really, the only two platforms that you really need are the Wii U & PC.

wiiu and pc for me too .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#76imameliaPosted 11/15/2012 8:26:01 AM
I don't really pay attention to what the graphics look like unless it's a remake or port or I'm explicitly focusing on graphics. Maybe I'd usually *rather* play a version of a game with better graphics (I've always preferred the SNES remakes of Super Mario Bros. 1-3 to the original NES games, for one), but if there's only one version, or if they look essentially the same, or if I only have one of the systems...who cares? There's even a wide range of graphics quality within a certain console; just look at Super Mario World compared to Donkey Kong Country. And growing up playing those games, I probably never even thought about how much better the graphics were in the latter; I just thought "okay, that's what SMW looks like, and that's what DKC looks like". If I'm playing a SNES game, I'd expect SNES-quality graphics. If I'm playing a PS1 game, I'd expect PS1-quality graphics. If I'm playing an NES, I'd expect NES-quality graphics, and if I'm playing a Wii, I'd expect Wii-quality graphics. It's not so much "this game has better graphics" as "that's just what this game looks like". I don't expect a Donkey Kong Country game to look like a Mega Man X game or a Mario game to look like a Zelda game. Both video game developers and players should focus on gameplay above all else. Once they have that down or under consideration, then they can worry about the quality of the graphics (and anything else, such as music).
#77Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/15/2012 8:34:30 AM
The person who was trying to argue ps2 > gc. Stop posting bullshots for the ps2. God of War 2 doesn't look that good. And your argument that you can't compare ports is absurd. The ps2 was much weaker and didn't even get a port of RE4 that looked as good as GC in anyway. Polygons had to be reduced, no dynamic lighting, no real time cutscenes. Etc.

If it was as good as GC it would have gotten a game that looked as good. Instead they had to alter it. Had not. Not chose to.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT | http://bit.ly/RQBee0
#78oasisbeyondPosted 11/15/2012 8:37:46 AM
Games matter... And the wiiu lacks games vs 360 and ps3 now and for a long time... Dev's are already making next gen games, so wiiu will suffer in the end.
GTAV on wiiu? Not yet... We'll see...
#79oasisbeyondPosted 11/15/2012 8:42:50 AM
Lose? What headspace are you in haha. You seem so mad. Forcing us to take your point that you childishly shove down people's throat ;) no offense.

On point tho, every gaming PC beat its current gen and i'm talking about mid-end here.

PC lacks games dude... It's missing so much every gen when compared to consoles.
I won't even name them cuz most games are not on pc...
I would say 400 out of my 500 game collection are not pc games...
#80helzefeldPosted 11/15/2012 8:52:24 AM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
I hate to say it, but the Wii U doesn't stand a chance due to what will soon be dated graphics when the next Sony and Microsoft systems come out. I mean just look at the past and you'll see...

Game Gear destroyed the Game Boy...oh wait
Jaguar mopped the floor with the SNES...eh, nevermind
N64 wiped the floor with the PS1...oh, it didn't?
Xbox and Gamecube laughed at the PS2 sales...what...combine them and they still got tripled?
PSP vs DS wasn't even fair. The DS was so outmatched it could never hang with the PSP. *looks up the sales* ......this can't be right....
Well that was a fluke...just look at the Vita sales compared to the 3DS! I mean the Vita has such awesome tech! There's no way that....oh crap, the Vita got outsold 45 to 1 this week by 3DS.
Well we still have the PS3 and 360. Those will kill Nintendo and it's Wii. I can't believe the nerve of Nintendo thinking last gen tech can compete with all powerful cutting edge technology. I feel embarrassed for them. *sigh* don't tell me, the Wii outsold them both by 30+ million right?

Can the trolls finally quit acting like the Wii U is dead due to it's graphics? You're gonna look really stupid yet again, i'm just trying to save you what from the humiliation the Vita fanboys are dealing with now.

Amen Brother.
/thread
/board
---
Now playing: Darksiders - 360 | Awaiting Wii U release! Deluxe Pre-Order complete!
Currently waiting most for: Dragon Quest X - Wii U!