Graphics do matter...here's proof!

#81shaunmePosted 11/15/2012 10:03:12 AM
helzefeld posted...
Lemmywinks13 posted...
I hate to say it, but the Wii U doesn't stand a chance due to what will soon be dated graphics when the next Sony and Microsoft systems come out. I mean just look at the past and you'll see...

Game Gear destroyed the Game Boy...oh wait
Jaguar mopped the floor with the SNES...eh, nevermind
N64 wiped the floor with the PS1...oh, it didn't?
Xbox and Gamecube laughed at the PS2 sales...what...combine them and they still got tripled?
PSP vs DS wasn't even fair. The DS was so outmatched it could never hang with the PSP. *looks up the sales* ......this can't be right....
Well that was a fluke...just look at the Vita sales compared to the 3DS! I mean the Vita has such awesome tech! There's no way that....oh crap, the Vita got outsold 45 to 1 this week by 3DS.
Well we still have the PS3 and 360. Those will kill Nintendo and it's Wii. I can't believe the nerve of Nintendo thinking last gen tech can compete with all powerful cutting edge technology. I feel embarrassed for them. *sigh* don't tell me, the Wii outsold them both by 30+ million right?

Can the trolls finally quit acting like the Wii U is dead due to it's graphics? You're gonna look really stupid yet again, i'm just trying to save you what from the humiliation the Vita fanboys are dealing with now.

Amen Brother.
/thread
/board

proud vita owner here .
---
i72600k @4.6 // ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution // 8gb corsair vengence // 3x MSI GTX 680 LIGHTNINGS2gb sli // 850watt ocz gamexstream // 1tb samsung spinpoint //w8pro
#82DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/15/2012 10:06:26 AM
Graphics matter a lot.
Try playing Mushihimesama without a screen!
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#83omniryuPosted 11/15/2012 10:12:11 AM
If graphics didn't matter why didn't Nintendo. Just get an overclock the Wii gpu and put it in this system? so instead of having the more expensive DirectX 10 or 11 "like" card they could use the good old Wii card clocked up to 500mhz?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#84DarkZV2BetaPosted 11/15/2012 10:20:08 AM
omniryu posted...
If graphics didn't matter why didn't Nintendo. Just get an overclock the Wii gpu and put it in this system? so instead of having the more expensive DirectX 10 or 11 "like" card they could use the good old Wii card clocked up to 500mhz?

Because it wouldn't be able to handle outputting a 720p 3D image at more than 15fps.
---
AMD CACHING = NOT YET FINISHED
Hey... just so you know...PC is a brand. ;). ~Lord_Kagato
#85Hero_ofTime2010Posted 11/15/2012 10:20:28 AM
The only reason that I'm apprehensive about the graphical output difference when the other two are released, is that I don't want an annoying split in all the releases like with the current gen. I don't care who sells the most, I care about what gets the games I want.

PS3/360 get one version of the game game, Wii and PS2 get another.

So now it'll be Wii U and PS3? God I hope not. I know that it takes a while to work a console to it's full potential, but that holds true for Microsoft and Sony's products too, not just Nintendo's. I'm tired of only buying the first party titles on Nintendo's consoles, save for a few of them.
---
GT: Invisiblekid17
#86kaliskonigPosted 11/15/2012 10:20:30 AM
Garfield64 posted...
its_matt posted...
I see your point but feel my experience of this gen would have been very empty without my PS3. I think owning a Wii has complemented playing games this gen but has hardly defined it, popular sales are not a true reflection of quality, because most people are pretty stupid and have little taste.

Best thing to happen this gen END of story was Playstation Plus.

I feel bad for everyone who hasn't joined it.

Gotta agree with you there. Sony has set the standard. I actually cough out money on DLC without a problem now just because of how well ps+ members are treated and rewarded.
#87Hero_ofTime2010Posted 11/15/2012 10:23:17 AM
Gotta agree with you there. Sony has set the standard. I actually cough out money on DLC without a problem now just because of how well ps+ members are treated and rewarded.
@kaliskonig

What sort of things are you talking about? That sounds intriguing.
---
GT: Invisiblekid17