I don't understand the importance of analogs triggers for FPSes

#11omniryuPosted 11/15/2012 9:20:27 PM
ElectricMole posted...
You've never driven a car before if you dont know how important light and hard pressure matters when controlling the thing.

And we can wave goodbye to Grand Theft Auto Five.....
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#12PrinceOfHotPosted 11/15/2012 9:22:00 PM
analog triggers are annoying and useless.
#13omniryuPosted 11/15/2012 9:23:32 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
analog triggers are annoying and useless.

Really? How so?
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Omniryu
#14dark trunksPosted 11/15/2012 9:25:18 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
ITT: Bunch of fanboys defend the Wii U lacking a basic function

seriously

literally no upside to not having them

Nintendo just said "well we're not adding them cause we dont wanna!" and their fans sit here and defend them.

Have fun with your awful racing games.

And there's no real down side, either. It's complaining for the sake of something to complain about. Hey, if that's what you like to do, nit picking at something that doesn't matter, be my guest.

The article seemed very focused on FPS, and it's really not an issue. It's only an issue if you make it an issue.

I won't disagree with you on racing games, but personally I couldn't care less about racing games, and I have no doubt there will be either a way around that issue, or it won't be an issue at all.

Like I said, it's complaining for the sake of something to complain about. If you want to complain about something so bad, find something worth complaining about.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#15JMC611Posted 11/15/2012 9:27:16 PM
Racing games work fine on PC. Don't see the problem here.
#16abear90Posted 11/15/2012 9:29:04 PM
JMC611 posted...
Racing games work fine on PC. Don't see the problem here.

There's a difference between working at all and working well.
#17halomonkey1_3_5Posted 11/15/2012 9:38:47 PM
And there's no real down side, either. It's complaining for the sake of something to complain about. Hey, if that's what you like to do, nit picking at something that doesn't matter, be my guest.

The article seemed very focused on FPS, and it's really not an issue. It's only an issue if you make it an issue.

I won't disagree with you on racing games, but personally I couldn't care less about racing games, and I have no doubt there will be either a way around that issue, or it won't be an issue at all.

Like I said, it's complaining for the sake of something to complain about. If you want to complain about something so bad, find something worth complaining about.

"It's only a issue if you make it a issue"? REALLY? Its an issue regardless. It's not like its some useless feature that 99% of games wont use(like NFC), its a actual issue that effects games.

Clearly you dont like Racing games or FPS's. Analog triggers are very nice for both genre's, along with being a nice addition to almost every other genre of game. No, the games wont be impossible to make without analog triggers, but they are objectively better games with them, and there is no real reason to NOT have them.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#18dark trunksPosted 11/15/2012 9:46:53 PM
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...

"It's only a issue if you make it a issue"? REALLY? Its an issue regardless. It's not like its some useless feature that 99% of games wont use(like NFC), its a actual issue that effects games.

Clearly you dont like Racing games or FPS's. Analog triggers are very nice for both genre's, along with being a nice addition to almost every other genre of game. No, the games wont be impossible to make without analog triggers, but they are objectively better games with them, and there is no real reason to NOT have them.

No, it's no an issue. It is not an issue at all. You're just making it an issue, and blowing it out of proportion. You want to find something to complain about so badly, you'll accept any article, as awful as the article is, and nod along with every word and then take to the forum and make out it's a huge problem when it isn't.

Yeah, man. Clearly I don't like racing games or first person shooters. In fact, I actually hate video games. I just come here to torture myself. I don't even own an awesome gaming PC where having no pressure sensitive triggers aren't an issue on my mouse. I've definitely never played a single game any of the 24 years I've been alive. Obviously I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Hopefully you can detect my sarcasm. You're turning something that isn't a problem into a problem. If you think it's a problem, then I would actually question you whether or not you have played FPS or racing games on a PC, or on a controller without pressure sensitive triggers. I have. It wasn't an issue.

Get your head out of your arse. It's not a problem, as much as I'm sure you'd love it to be.
---
"If you've got yourself a dream, work hard, believe in yourself because I know dreams can come true."- Dennis DeYoung 1997
#19ChargrilledPosted 11/15/2012 9:48:49 PM
dark trunks posted...
As far as I'm concerned, it's an article to complain about something, no matter how stupid it is.

It's a half arsed attempt to finding a problem where there is no problem. It's a complaint for the sake of complaining without having even thought it through.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#20Final Fantasy2389Posted 11/15/2012 9:51:54 PM
The only thing I've ever needed analog triggers for is FLUDD in Sunshine. Even then it is not mandatory, just fun to play around with really.
---
WWE Diva and SES season 1 winner. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT | http://bit.ly/RQBee0