I don't understand the importance of analogs triggers for FPSes

#31evecharmevePosted 11/15/2012 11:03:31 PM
And ACTUALLY you fps players should be praising this.

What reacts faster, pulling a trigger or just pressing a button?

All most online fps are nowadays are just twitch reactions anyway, buttons will always be faster
#32abear90Posted 11/15/2012 11:07:16 PM
evecharmeve posted...

All most online fps are nowadays are just twitch reactions anyway, buttons will always be faster

....you don't have to push the trigger all of the way down to fire. It's probably just as small a movement as pressing the Wii U's trigger. Also, because CoD is a "twitch" shooter, every other FPS is as well?
#33rudgerlightPosted 11/15/2012 11:38:22 PM(edited)
Um......you guys do know that the classic controllers for the Wii work with the Wii U and have analog triggers?

Here. They're $30. Enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-nintendo/dp/B000IN0BSU
#34evecharmevePosted 11/15/2012 11:17:54 PM
abear90 posted...
evecharmeve posted...

....you don't have to push the trigger all of the way down to fire. It's probably just as small a movement as pressing the Wii U's trigger. Also, because CoD is a "twitch" shooter, every other FPS is as well?

Ya but if it's semi auto a burst fire, can you half squeeze a trigger 7-15 times in succession to empty a clip faster then pressing a button 7-15 times

And ya just about every other fps is twitch, you can only make kinda a argument with battlefield because that's played better working as a team rather then everyone run in with their guns and knifes ;p
#35IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/15/2012 11:19:47 PM
Sucks that the fanboys will defend stuff like this.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#36rudgerlightPosted 11/15/2012 11:25:12 PM
But more on topic. The guy who wrote that article is clearly flamebaiting (or an idiot). There are obvious reasons not having analogue triggers limits your game options and he picked possibly the dumbest example to try and show this.

That being said, I'm glad it doesn't have analogue triggers. Not because I don't think analogue triggers are nice for things, but because the PS3 has analogue triggers, and using it for movie watching is frustrating. Nudging it also set it off too easily and I imagine the gamepad will be lying down on my bed or on a table a lot of the time.
#37IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/15/2012 11:27:56 PM
'the ps3 has bad triggers so let's ignore the other cases of good analog trigger design and assume the Upad would have bad triggers too!"
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#38Omega_BlackPosted 11/15/2012 11:33:13 PM
lol People are actually defending this omission?

The Gamecube controllers had analog PLUS an additional button press in its triggers.
Even the original Classic Controller for Wii had them.
Then POOF! Gone in Classic Pro and nowhere in sight for the Wii U Pad or Wii U "Pro" controller that is practically a carbon copy of the 360's.

It may not be the end of the world but it means that developers that rely on the function for optimum control in their games will either have to create cumbersome workarounds or simply skip Wii U altogether.

All because Nintendo neglected to add such a simple feature.
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#39rudgerlightPosted 11/15/2012 11:37:55 PM(edited)
Icecreamdunwich posted...
'the ps3 has bad triggers so let's ignore the other cases of good analog trigger design and assume the Upad would have bad triggers too!"

You must have missed this part since you didn't respond to it, so I'll repost:

EDIT: Here. They're $30. Enjoy.

http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Classic-Controller-nintendo/dp/B000IN0BSU
#40strongo9Posted 11/15/2012 11:42:27 PM
Analog triggers are important in racing games but not FPSs.

/thread
---
Want Paper Mario Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m