The WII U will be Nintendo's dimise

#71Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/16/2012 9:24:39 AM(edited)
nickvd8 posted...
There is a huge flaw in your logic. You're basing your assumption on graphical power. If the Wii taught us anything it's that graphical power is largely insignificant. Also you're omitting one huge detail. Cost. If the Ps4 and 720 or whatever are that much bigger of a step in terms of graphical power that's effectively doubling development costs and seeing as most companies can barely afford to make games now that's a huge disadvantage. The Wii-U will be cheaper to develop for, easier to program and most if not all of the popular game engines run on it. So you lose, go troll someplace else.

Nintendo should released Wii U SIX years ago, and how dare you dictates that developers can't make good game anymore, as if you're their Boss and funded them.

Trust me quality games will be released in time and become better in time.

I trust Bioware, CD RedProjekt, Square, Bethesda, Namco, Capcom, ATLUS, Microsoft, Mistwalker, THQ, EA and other quality developers still working hard to create better game for us.

Don't you even think first before saying it?
#72wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/16/2012 9:30:08 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
confettistorm posted...
Try making your post in actual English and maybe I will read it...

It was in English. Should we skip the BS, and talk about this coddled generation's myriad of excuses relied on to not read something? My God - grains of sand on all the beaches, stars in the universe, or parenting fails on GameFAQs... such a close race.

And please don't act like your reading it is any sort of gift, or privilege, lol.

whoa, hardcore comeuppance up in here.
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#73aredd007Posted 11/16/2012 9:36:33 AM
The Wii was the beginning of the end. The Wii U is the ending of the end.
#74Xtreme-VoidPosted 11/16/2012 9:54:53 AM
aredd007 posted...
The Wii was the beginning of the end. The Wii U is the ending of the end.

Wii U will most likely be Nintendo last real console.
#75El_PikachubraPosted 11/16/2012 10:01:08 AM
Kefkas_Revenge posted...
If Zombi U fails and the call of duty dosen't get good servers and a good multiplayer base.

Because those 2 games are the only ones that will come out for WiiU. You are busted. Graphics, COD, troll go away.
---
Pokemon White FC: 1764 2352 9914
#76shadestreetPosted 11/16/2012 10:01:11 AM
This is precisely a troll topic (or pricisely TC?)

There are several valid arguments one could make on why the Wii U may be a disappointment for Nintendo, and possibly a path that leads to exiting the home console market.

You failed to list even one of those.

Instead you cite complete bull****; speculate on things not even announced without considering the current state of affairs for Sony and the huge challenges they face financially, suggest that the 8th gen consoles for Sony and MS will be at "PC level graphics" ignoring the fact that this is irrelevent because 1 month after launch of any console, a new graphics card is released.

Here are some of the valid hurdles the Wii U faces which you would have discussed had you not intended to troll, and instead wanted to have an honest discussion about the future of the console:

1) Abandons the strategy that made the Wii such a success - the Wii was marketed as an amazingly simple console that expanded the market and enticed non-gamers to give it a shot. Rather than continue that branding, and work to fix the problems which the Wii faced 3 years after launch, Nintendo is pursuing the complete opposite direction - making a system that is more complex than any current console.

2) The combination of pricing and launch games pose a problem of value creation. There are 4 market segments Nintendo has to focus:

I) Gamers who only own a PS3 or 360 - a majority of launch games (and launch window games) they have had access to for up to a year - this means only the handful of unique games for the Wii U can entice them, it is likely it would take more than ZombieU and NSMBU to encourage a 360/PS3 gamer to go out and pick up a Wii U

II) Gamers who only own a Wii - If they plan to spend $300 on a new console, the choice between a PS3, 360 or Wii U is probably not in favor of a Wii U - again, majority of the games they can play on Wii U are available on either console and are far cheaper.

III) Casual gamers who only have a Wii and haven't touched it in years - With the complexity of the console, and the lack of a "wow that looks simple and I could play that game" it is unlikely Nintendo will strike the same chord with this segment that they did in 2006.

IV) Potential gamers who don't own a Wii, 360, PS3 - This group consists of two sub-groups - older people who dont play video games and resisted the temptations of the Wii - they are not likely to be drawn to Wii U - there simply are people in the world who don't play videogames. Sad but true. Then, young people who will be asking for their first video console from their parents - this group is up in the air - parents may just chose the cheapest console (either a 360 or a Wii), may follow the childs request, may give them an iPad instead

3) iPad Mini costs less than a Wii U - This will be a major sticking point for people on the fence to get a Wii U - "how best to spend $350"
#77RJGamer1990Posted 11/16/2012 10:01:34 AM
I don't think this is the case, I recon the WiiU will sell around about 40-75 mil units over all I know that's a big gap but I'm not to set on it being that huge as the Wii was.
Secondly Nintendo are doing a fine job at limiting cost to the consumer, the PS4 & Xbox 720 can't have such a huge improvement on graphics as this gen had, only so much can be done anyway.
Secondly the WiiU has enough power behind it.

Nintendo gave up on the core last gen but they want them back now, we weren't the ones to support them through the GC era I had one and thought it was the better of the 3 this gem we'll see a hybred of what the old vision of Nintendo was and what the new vision is.

Finally if anything would be the demise of Nintendo it woulda been the GC the Wii propelled them into popularity again and I don't think that's gonna change, Nintendo just need to learn to make better names for their products so that consumers do not get confused. Besides the 3DS is having excellent sales.
#78darknight06Posted 11/16/2012 11:07:02 AM
LOL at everyone thinking that Nintendo would go third party if their business went too far south. If they exit the console business, that's it for their games period. They've said this time and time again. Granted, some of their employees might go to other companies, but that'll be about the extent of it. If Nintendo folds, they're out of the industry all together.

Besides, at the rate things are going right now if that were to happen the industry will probably experience 1983 all over again. Hell, it's already slowly happening now anyway.
---
3DS Friend code: 4081-5501-8308
#79shadestreetPosted 11/16/2012 11:48:52 AM
LOL at everyone thinking that Nintendo would go third party if their business went too far south. If they exit the console business, that's it for their games period. They've said this time and time again. Granted, some of their employees might go to other companies, but that'll be about the extent of it. If Nintendo folds, they're out of the industry all together.

Why would you think that? They could make enormous profit as a 3rd party developer - why would shareholders agree to sell off assets/IPs for a fractional value when far more money could be made by continuing as a dominat publisher. There is zero logic, and shareholders would never consent.

That said, I don't think a Wii U failure could result in this outcome - they have plenty of cash, plenty of strong IPs that will keep them afloat for a long time.

I predict that the day they go 3rd party it won't be because of failed consoles, but rather, the market and technology has changed enough where there is no point in making a console in the first place.

One scenario would be shifting to a hosted console - what On Live promised but wasn't ready to deliver - once every TV has access to immensely fast internet, I predict consoles will cease to be useful - any game you want to create you just put on the cloud.
#80ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/16/2012 11:57:41 AM
shadestreet posted...

Why would you think that? They could make enormous profit as a 3rd party developer - why would shareholders agree to sell off assets/IPs for a fractional value when far more money could be made by continuing as a dominat publisher. There is zero logic, and shareholders would never consent.

That said, I don't think a Wii U failure could result in this outcome - they have plenty of cash, plenty of strong IPs that will keep them afloat for a long time.

I predict that the day they go 3rd party it won't be because of failed consoles, but rather, the market and technology has changed enough where there is no point in making a console in the first place.

One scenario would be shifting to a hosted console - what On Live promised but wasn't ready to deliver - once every TV has access to immensely fast internet, I predict consoles will cease to be useful - any game you want to create you just put on the cloud.

Nintendo's own comments.
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.