The WII U will be Nintendo's dimise

#81ThatPersonGuyPosted 11/16/2012 12:02:47 PM
Kefkas_Revenge posted...
(see also ps3.....horrible first yr in games).

I wonder why...

- $600 price tag

... nope, that had nothing to do with it. And I wonder why they had such a big price tag...
---
Saki, Isaac, Lip, Lyn, and Little Mac for SSB4!
Cailou. "Cuteness never looked this badass" - Chuggaconroy.
#82SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/16/2012 12:04:07 PM
lol at people think Nintendo will go third party. I mean they make money on their consoles, handhelds and software why would they go third party.

It would be more to Sony's benefit to go third party since their software makes a bit of money but consoles lose it for more than half their cycle which means it takes longer to turn a profit, first it has to break even.

Also their may not even be a PS4 for a while if Sony has their way

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250548/sony-ps4-will-launch-when-consumers-demand-it/
#83shadestreetPosted 11/16/2012 1:11:58 PM
Nintendo's own comments.

That is just typical business hype. That sort of statement is common "company ____ would rather do <insert some ridiculous end-of-company thing> than do <insert a logical and pragmatic solution>".

Not a decision up to a single person - it would be the decision of the board and shareholders - and it would be difficult to imagine a scenario where they would make more money by selling off assets and brands than by transitioning to a 3rd party.

Again, not suggesting Nintendo will go 3rd party if the Wii U doesn't meet the success they suspect - it would take a few Virtual Boys to exhaust them to this point.

The likely scenario for them to go 3rd party is when the concept of a home console simply doesn't make sense - which is a paradigm we have yet to cross (will require significant advances in universal higher speed internet, cloud hosting, and convergance with TV's)Could be there within 5-10 years. Possibly.
#84darkjedilinkPosted 11/16/2012 1:29:00 PM
shadestreet posted...
Nintendo's own comments.

That is just typical business hype. That sort of statement is common "company ____ would rather do <insert some ridiculous end-of-company thing> than do <insert a logical and pragmatic solution>".

Not a decision up to a single person - it would be the decision of the board and shareholders - and it would be difficult to imagine a scenario where they would make more money by selling off assets and brands than by transitioning to a 3rd party.

Again, not suggesting Nintendo will go 3rd party if the Wii U doesn't meet the success they suspect - it would take a few Virtual Boys to exhaust them to this point.

The likely scenario for them to go 3rd party is when the concept of a home console simply doesn't make sense - which is a paradigm we have yet to cross (will require significant advances in universal higher speed internet, cloud hosting, and convergance with TV's)Could be there within 5-10 years. Possibly.

Their Board of Directors owns the majority stake in Nintendo, so shareholders themselves won't be making any decisions. On top of that, their board are the ones who've said - repeatedly - that they'll dismantle the company before going third party.

If going third-party was something they'd ever seriously consider, they'd already be making iOS and Android games.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#85shadestreetPosted 11/16/2012 2:45:12 PM
Their board consists of many high shareholders so naturally the board would control most of the shares, as is common. I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing. My point is that if a time came when making consoles was no longer logical, Nintendo would make far more money by functioning as a game developer than by a one time sale of their assets. Obviously the board and shareholders would choose the option which made them the most money.

No need to enter iOS market at this time - plenty of profit coming through their current strategy.
#86KingBeetlePosted 11/16/2012 4:06:59 PM
So you're saying some games well into current gen system's lifetimes show that launch titles suck and graphics are everything which will be the demise of Nintendo?

Seeeeeeeeeeeems legit.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/godunman
I do Let's Plays. Currently, and close to done on Skyward Sword.
#87wh0_kn0wsPosted 11/16/2012 4:30:49 PM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
lol at people think Nintendo will go third party.

just post this and walk away, bro

http://www.otakufreaks.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nintendo-cycle.png
---
it's simple. just be nice.
#88leeko_linkPosted 11/16/2012 4:47:36 PM
Probably the 900th topic about Nintendo dying.
#89darkjedilinkPosted 11/16/2012 5:13:27 PM
shadestreet posted...
Their board consists of many high shareholders so naturally the board would control most of the shares, as is common. I think you are arguing for the sake of arguing. My point is that if a time came when making consoles was no longer logical, Nintendo would make far more money by functioning as a game developer than by a one time sale of their assets. Obviously the board and shareholders would choose the option which made them the most money.

No need to enter iOS market at this time - plenty of profit coming through their current strategy.

Considering they have enough cash on hand to lose a half a billion dollars a year and not even need to worry about selling a darned thing until the 2070's, I think any talk of them going third party is premature anyway.

Even so, they (they being the people who make up the majority shareholders) have said repeatedly they'll dismantle the company before going third-party, since they're a gaming hardware manufacturer first, and make software to show off their hardware.
---
Gaming is like a pair of boobs - Sony and Microsoft fight over whos boobs look more realistic, while Nintendo is about having fun with them - Walkiethrougie
#90Reznik00Posted 11/16/2012 5:45:57 PM
Kefkas_Revenge posted...
third party Zombi U that will get 7's across the board. .

ummmm, a 7 is a solid, good game..what rating scale are you using? 1-8 bad 9-10 good?
---
Hello Misinformed Zombie Fodder!