Just got an email from TRU

#11KaibreiPosted 11/16/2012 10:08:01 AM
crowkillers posted...
Is this for an online order from Toys R Us..? Has anyone heard about the in store preorders..? I preordered one for my brother there back in September...

Mine was an in store preorder, it said it was from my local toysrus store. I'm going to call them at lunch and find out what is going on.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#12Epiphone1589Posted 11/16/2012 10:10:29 AM
I got the same e-mail for an in store preorder of a deluxe system
#13FFFan7689Posted 11/16/2012 10:12:50 AM
I got the same email. Hoping it's just standard protocol and they aren't getting in any systems until tomorrow or Sunday morning. Has anyone that preordered in store not gotten an email?
#14rockymin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 10:14:27 AM
crowkillers posted...
Is this for an online order from Toys R Us..? Has anyone heard about the in store preorders..? I preordered one for my brother there back in September...

No, my order was placed instore. They took my email address at the time.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#15ChilloSummonerPosted 11/16/2012 10:15:00 AM
I received the same email and I ordered a few days after they started selling. Next I'm expecting an email saying that they won't have enough to cover every preorder. :/
---
http://backloggery.com/Chilloa
www.youtube.com/ChilloaSummonMaster
#16crowkillersPosted 11/16/2012 10:19:50 AM
FFFan7689 posted...
I got the same email. Hoping it's just standard protocol and they aren't getting in any systems until tomorrow or Sunday morning. Has anyone that preordered in store not gotten an email?

I have not gotten an e-mail from them.. I used my Rewards card, so I am assuming that is how they sent out the e-mails..?
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#17packattackPosted 11/16/2012 10:23:16 AM(edited)
mhunterchump posted...
It's not just TRU, I just called my Best Buy and they said they haven't received their shipment yet either.

Best Buy did confirm to me that the Best Buy warehouse has them and has confirmed a delivery to my store for Sunday before opening from the warehouse.

Although they also told me they are not getting enough to cover the pre-orders so they said it's first come first serve for who gets the initial batch.

Dumb, the whole reason for pre-ordering is to have one set aside on launch day and it seems I will still have to get there early and hope I get one.

Did you pre-order with in-store pick up? If you get a confirmation email saying your item is ready to be picked up, they can't have a first come first serve. When they tell you it's ready, it means it should be specifically put aside for you and no one else. Isn't that the point of an instore pick up?
---
Single and multiplayer video game highscore competition - over 450 games - www.cyberscore.me.uk
#18crowkillersPosted 11/16/2012 10:22:50 AM
I was the first person that preordered at my Toys R Us, but I don't think that number really matters anyways... I should have just preordered my brother's at Gamestop like I did with mine, but I didn't want it to look like I was trying to resell...

They had at least 50 preorder slips for the Black system...
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#19evecharmevePosted 11/16/2012 10:24:14 AM
Well it's still morning most places to, they probably haven't even got the friday shipment either
---
http://desertbus.org/
Watch them suffer for the children
#20rockymin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 10:26:47 AM
crowkillers posted...
I was the first person that preordered at my Toys R Us, but I don't think that number really matters anyways... I should have just preordered my brother's at Gamestop like I did with mine, but I didn't want it to look like I was trying to resell...

They had at least 50 preorder slips for the Black system...

The slips in my TRU had barcodes for both the Deluxe and Basic models on the same slip and they scanned the one you wanted to preorder.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile