Just got an email from TRU

#31jri101Posted 11/16/2012 11:58:46 AM(edited)
rockymin posted...
jri101 posted...
rockymin posted...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

Damn, I wonder if that means they haven't gotten their shipment yet or that they don't have enough to fill all the preorders. Well, luckily I have a 2nd preorder at Target.

where you located bro? I got a similar email. I'm from new jersey

I preordered at the TRU in Totowa

reserved at secaucus so it can be related ti superstorm sandy
---
Batman: Let's face it "Superman"... The last time you ever inspired anyone -- was when you were dead.
#32rockymin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 11:59:54 AM
jri101 posted...
rockymin posted...
jri101 posted...
rockymin posted...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for shopping at Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us!

We wanted to inform you that we have not yet received inventory on your Wii U Black Deluxe Set Hardwar pre-order which was expected in-store on November 18th, 2012. We will send you a follow-up email once this item is available and ready for pickup.

Damn, I wonder if that means they haven't gotten their shipment yet or that they don't have enough to fill all the preorders. Well, luckily I have a 2nd preorder at Target.

where you located bro? I got a similar email. I'm from new jersey

I preordered at the TRU in Totowa

what toysrus did u reserve at i did mine at secaucus

Lol, I said the one in Totowa. I wonder if this is a NJ thing and it might be related to Sandy. Is there anyone on gfaqs that preordered at the Totowa NJ TRU (or any NJ TRU) that got an email saying it will be ready on Sun?
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#33jri101Posted 11/16/2012 12:04:17 PM(edited)
sorry edited the message...this sucks I am going to secaucus later the check on things there.
---
Batman: Let's face it "Superman"... The last time you ever inspired anyone -- was when you were dead.
#34KaibreiPosted 11/16/2012 12:22:28 PM
I drove to the ToysRus I ordered at on my lunch break and talked to the guy in electronics. He told me they would be in tomorrow and they would be open til 1AM to sell them and that the email was not something to worry about.

I'm in Winston-Salem NC.
---
PSN - GwarSlave1673 GT - GwarSlave4853 Steam - Gwarslave1673
#35Epiphone1589Posted 11/16/2012 12:40:57 PM
My lovely GF called my Toys R Us and asked about the e-mail and they said to disregard it, and that they have already received all the pre orders and they will be ready on the 18th!!!!!!!!!! Just letting u guys know, you might wanna call in to your specific store and see what they say!
#36rockymin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 12:44:31 PM
Epiphone1589 posted...
My lovely GF called my Toys R Us and asked about the e-mail and they said to disregard it, and that they have already received all the pre orders and they will be ready on the 18th!!!!!!!!!! Just letting u guys know, you might wanna call in to your specific store and see what they say!

I'm probably just going to take a ride over there tomorrow and check it out. It's not far.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#37crowkillersPosted 11/16/2012 12:47:39 PM
rockymin posted...
crowkillers posted...
I was the first person that preordered at my Toys R Us, but I don't think that number really matters anyways... I should have just preordered my brother's at Gamestop like I did with mine, but I didn't want it to look like I was trying to resell...

They had at least 50 preorder slips for the Black system...

The slips in my TRU had barcodes for both the Deluxe and Basic models on the same slip and they scanned the one you wanted to preorder.

They only had slips for only the Black model and I think it said on the slip something about the White model being available in the future... I'll have to double check it when I get home..

It seems that every Toys R Us is handling these preorders differently..
---
"Be Reasonable, Demand the Impossible"
www.crowkillers.com
#38tizzywilkillyouPosted 11/16/2012 12:50:37 PM
A friend of mine preordered at TRU in North Carolina, and got a similar email, only theirs said the items WAS IN STOCK and ready for Sunday pickup. Guess the shipments are staggered. Since some TRU stores have them, that PROBABLY bodes well for others receiving them today/tomorrow.

I ordered from a regional chain, and while they initially told me the shipment was later than expected or delayed, in the end I got a call from them this afternoon stating that my deluxe system was ready and waiting for pickup Sunday morning. Score.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#39DQAbelPosted 11/16/2012 12:51:39 PM
TRU has them and enough to cover preorders.

its a matter of the wiis not being scanned into the presell bay. if you got an email it means they have received their shipment. if they dont get scanned in it sends out emails saying your preorder is late.
---
Dont buy unfinished games. wait for GOTY editions or super versions.
#40reinhold242Posted 11/17/2012 8:46:42 AM
My Toys R Us apologized for the email and said they merely hadn't scanned the inventory into their system. They said the preorder would be fulfilled tomorrow as planned.