Gamespot ZombiU Full Review

#11Board_hunter567Posted 11/17/2012 3:09:41 AM
4.5 really is too low of a score given the context of this review.
It sounds like it should've been around the 6-7/10 range.
#12sonicfanaticjtbPosted 11/17/2012 3:25:37 AM
I just actually read the review and I.... Don't really see what the problem is... It sounds like the game more or less does what they've been telling us it was going to do from the very beginning :/ The only semi legit complaint that I saw was that the narrative might fall flat, but then again... I dunno... I can't imagine bad writing being all that detrimental to a survival horror game, but I certainly ain't no expert on the genre either...

My friend and I are thinking 'bout going halfway on the game when i get a wii u (probably after my thanksgiving paycheck, unfortunately ), so I guess we'll see then.
---
Krystal and Phoenix Wright for Smash 4!
... Please, Sakurai?
#13SamusFarronPosted 11/17/2012 3:26:56 AM
Whether the review is ultimately spot on or not, this confirms something that I have been feeling for a while - while the game may not be particularly bad, it isn't particularly good either.

The constant, never ending transitions from your TV to the gamepad screen especially appear to be as big of a problem as I assumed they would be. It breaks the flow of the game, and from the gameplay I have seen it is something you contend with as often as once a minute. It just isn't intuitive or fun, it is annoying.
---
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4062/lightningrocks.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45QvqwEJME
#14melbye80Posted 11/17/2012 3:29:16 AM
I read it as "boo, this game does things i aren't used to"
#15Jackie_GleasonPosted 11/17/2012 3:30:38 AM
What struck me was the ridiculous way the pad was used to open that manhole cover (or was it something else?) by tapping to fill a bar. Very intuitive and innovative...
#16T3H_1337_N1NJ4(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 3:31:36 AM
Jackie_Gleason posted...
What struck me was the ridiculous way the pad was used to open that manhole cover (or was it something else?) by tapping to fill a bar. Very intuitive and innovative...

It's supposed to make you feel tension. Imagine you're being chased by zombies while you do it. But yeah, there could probably be better actions to do.
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
IGN: CodenameFox
#17KOTRwhoopsPosted 11/17/2012 3:41:45 AM
Zombi U is the main reason I'm getting a system at launch (UK). This is not good, I will wait a week before deciding whether to cancel my entire preorder and wait for better games. (Reviews and player opinion)
---
PLAYING - Halo 4 (360), Dragon's Dogma (360), Resident Evil 6 (360).
MOST WANTED - FFvrsXIII, GTAV, ZombiU, Ni No Kuni, Tales Of Xillia, Lightning Returns
#18AenishaPosted 11/17/2012 3:44:54 AM
Come now, you all know Gamespot is all about having to pay for a good review. I'm proud of Ubisoft for telling that reviewer to **** off.
---
You just got beaten.. by a GIRL!
#19uwnimPosted 11/17/2012 3:58:31 AM
Does this reviewer use 5 as average? Would explain the score.
---
I want a pet Lavos Spawn.
[Order of the Cetaceans: Phocoena dioptrica]
#20Oxo_64Posted 11/17/2012 4:09:38 AM
I get the impression the reviewer played the multiplayer first and got used to being decked out with weapons and ammo, only to find out ZombiU is a survival horror when playing the single player campaign.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1717 - 5353
PSN: Oxo-64