Gamespot ZombiU Full Review

#101cavebear56Posted 11/17/2012 10:38:35 AM
That was hands down the worst reviewer I have ever heard.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#102rudgerlightPosted 11/17/2012 10:39:50 AM
Ever since the negative reviews came in for Mirror's Edge back in the day, I'm hesitant to believe any reviewer who complains about a lack of run and gunning.

That being said, the review sounds legit and I never had the highest hopes that the game would be stellar. It always looked just ok to me.

And seriously, what is up with tapping on the manhole? That looked downright atrocious.

....time to go wait in line at the Nintendo World Store anyways, as this doesn't deter me in the least about wanting a Wii U.
#103OoSubaruoOPosted 11/17/2012 10:49:21 AM
Gnomestone posted...
Gamespot is a fair and balanced source of game reviews. ZombiU was supposed to be the flagship launch game for this system, being a completely new IP and a fresh idea. Looks like it's a big miss for Nintendo here and will just have to rely on NSMBU which is a rehash. 2013 will be a big year for the Wii U. Lots of games coming out. But with ZombiU looking like a bust, it's not a good launch for the Wii U.

Lol.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#104songoku0206Posted 11/17/2012 10:50:24 AM
Dynheart posted...
I'll be honest. Disappointing. But his review made no sense. He complained just about everything we knew about, and we thought was cool.

Limited ammo.
The need to rely on the cricket bat.
Using the Gamepad.
Survival.

Not only that, but he seemed disappointed he couldn't kill every zombie. There's a horde out there...the idea is to survive, not kill on sight.

I think he rated this game like it should have been an action/horror game...even though he states it was supposed to be a throwback to the old RE's.

Some of his nit picks were legit, though. But 4.5 legit? I don't think so. That's saying the game is broken. I just think he went into it thinking it was going to be an actiony survival horror game, and it's not.

Sad thing is, it looks like he rated it as an actiony game (left4dead anybody?).

I'll still pick it up.
I think his review made sense. The game looks it would get boring quick, the AI seem pretty bad. What the point on having the same puzzle through out the game?
#105wrathbeansPosted 11/17/2012 10:51:02 AM
i really hate when review sites do this crap , they build the game up for a year and they play the various stages of the game by going to trade show and they sell you a dream ans last minute bam kick you in the nuts.
---
IN your face JIM HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
#106OoSubaruoOPosted 11/17/2012 10:58:52 AM
I like most of the comments in here, 2 sites gave this game good scores people ignore them. Gamespot gives this a 4.5/10, and right away people go "Welp, better cancel my pre-order".
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#107hyruler461Posted 11/17/2012 10:59:43 AM
Dynheart posted...
I'll be honest. Disappointing. But his review made no sense. He complained just about everything we knew about, and we thought was cool.

Limited ammo.
The need to rely on the cricket bat.
Using the Gamepad.
Survival.

Not only that, but he seemed disappointed he couldn't kill every zombie. There's a horde out there...the idea is to survive, not kill on sight.

I think he rated this game like it should have been an action/horror game...even though he states it was supposed to be a throwback to the old RE's.

Some of his nit picks were legit, though. But 4.5 legit? I don't think so. That's saying the game is broken. I just think he went into it thinking it was going to be an actiony survival horror game, and it's not.

Sad thing is, it looks like he rated it as an actiony game (left4dead anybody?).

I'll still pick it up.

Ever since RE went off the path of survival horror and all these other zombie shooters came out, ppl forgot what a true survival horror is all about.
#108Omar_Comin_YoPosted 11/17/2012 11:01:59 AM
You guys actually expected something from this game?...
---
All in the game, yo
#109CarpetfluffPosted 11/17/2012 11:02:52 AM
I can't comment on this game, as I haven't played it and, who knows, it may be a stinker, but it does seem like Gamespot have drifted into the lower end of the review scores spectrum when it comes to the average with a lot of their reviews lately. I don't know if they've toughened up, or need more hits, or what, but it's been noticeable.
#110CrapFactoryPosted 11/17/2012 11:04:37 AM
I can't say I didn't see this coming. Honestly from the getgo I just viewed it as a worse version of Left 4 Dead WITHOUT the key online multiplayer.

Plus almost all launch games are rushed like crazy. Especially from that developer... had it had another year of development it could have been a 9/10.